Since there's no news at the moment I thought I'd update you all on the progress of San Andreas Multiplayer which saw 2 bugfix releases last week. Below is a summary of what's changed and following that are download links.
* Chat window is now scrollable with upto 5 pages of text (50 lines).
* Chat window now wraps text properly over multiple lines.
* Chat entry improved, it allows upto 128 character messages, supports selection, copy and paste etc.
* All text rendering has been heavily optimised. Chat text now has no noticable impact on framerate.
* Name tags cannot be seen through walls/objects.
* A car mod shop crash applying certain car mods has been fixed.
* Pickup limit increased to 400.
* The server can now disable all interior entrances/exits.
* Native sqlite database support for pawn. Sqlite is a lightweight alternative to the mysql plugin.
* The name tag drawing distance can be set from the server.
* Insane stunt bonuses can be toggled on/off by the server.
* Various netcode security updates.
* 0.2.2 will use the second major version of SAC.
* Player head movement sync added. Player's characters will look in the direction their camera is looking.
* A new cellphone action enables players to hold a cellphone and look like they're on a call (useful for pen1 based scripts).
* New usable skins; Tenpenny, Pulaski, Hernandez, Ryder, Smoke, Sweet, Mafia Boss.
* Bandwidth and ped sync improvements. 0.2.2 will consume less server bandwidth than 0.2.1.
* Fixed bug with setting player colors of players 100,101,102.
* Increased timeouts to prevent connection loss.
* Decreased CPU time required to process vehicles on the client.
* Fixed animation problem with fire hydrant and spray can.
* Fixed nametags with no player issue.
* Fixed an issue where the client wasn't displaying "You are banned", "Server is full." messages.
Version 0.2.2 R2
* Some crashes related to models/pickups.
* Collision processing issues (may fall through the ground).
* Chat window wrapping server messages.
* Texture rendering if your graphics card uses a custom d3dx9_25.dll.
I've updated the download page, and you can download SA-MP 0.2.2 from our new downloads database, we haven't quite finished coding it though so I'm giving you a little sneak peek here.
If you're looking for server releases then head over to the SA-MP website.
hey, sry this is probly the wrong topic but i newly got GTA SA on the computer so i can play online, i downloaded the client and installed it but it still isnt workin, this mite sound stupid but would it make any difference that i have v2.00 and it says ya should have GTA:SA v1.0 US/EU? if so how do i fix it? lol
You'll have to downgrade to V1 using the downgrader, I forgot where it was but search around this forum and you might find a link to it.
But back to topic.
I upgraded to 2.2, the only server I ever go on is the AboveUltimate server and you can go on it with 2.2 as well.
EDIT: Curses Spirit 187, you beat me to it.
Some of our affiliates (view all):