Brave Want to browse the internet without ads, protect your privacy, and get paid for doing so?
Use Brave Browser.

PLAY Magazine Previews GTA IVís Multiplayer

Mar
By MishoM | 22nd Mar 2008 at 00:16 GMT in GTA IV | 10 Comments

PLAYGTAIVMarch.jpg

PLAY Magazine, a UK gaming magazine recently got their hands on GTA IVís multiplayer, they feature an eight-page long preview of it in their latest issue. The magazine sadly doesnít give us anything we havenít seen before in terms of screenshots, but it does have a few new minor details on said multiplayer:

• Multiplayer is accessed via Nikoís mobile phone, and from there youíre given the option to select game types, invite friends, etc.
  • As weíve heard, youíre allowed to customize your online character, but as you play more you unlock more options (as would be expected).
  • PLAY Magazine witnessed an ordinary pedestrian spray paint graffiti on the wall of a store; they no longer only walk around and randomly mutter phrases.
  • PLAY Magazine was allowed to play 8 of the 15 multiplayer modes in GTA IV.
  • Not every game mode supports up to 16 players.

Full details of what we currently know about the modes can be found on our GTAIV Multiplayer page.

Stay tuned for more information on GTA IVís multiplayer, and the rest of the game as we come closer and closer to the gameís release!

NotYouHaha's photo
NotYouHaha 22nd March, 2008 @ 01:04 - Permalink

Cool info, :coolthumbup: even though it isn't as helpful and interesting as the first multiplayer details.

I found this interesting:

[*]PLAY Magazine witnessed an ordinary pedestrian spray paint graffiti on the wall of a store; they no longer only walk around and randomly mutter phrases.

If this happens, will it stay there the next time you come to the location where the pedestrian spraypainted the graffiti, will it still be there? Will it stay there forever? Or just slowly fade away?

----Wait, this is a single player detail, right?

MishoM's photo
MishoM 22nd March, 2008 @ 01:12 - Permalink

I found this interesting:

----Wait, this is a single player detail, right?

There are pedestrians in both multiplayer and single player (although they can be turned off in multiplayer to my knowledge). So, I'd say that's a detail for both multi and single player.

azn's photo
azn 22nd March, 2008 @ 05:14 - Permalink

If the graffiti was to appear in multiplayer, who's LC would load?

Red_91's photo
Red_91 22nd March, 2008 @ 11:02 - Permalink

Customizing the charachter seems to be the best part. This game will be so good online and normal player. I wasn't that interested in multiplayer before for some reason but I am really liking all the new stuff R* is putting into the multiplayer.

The Bossman's photo
The Bossman 22nd March, 2008 @ 16:14 - Permalink

I got this mag - I'm quoted twice on page 79. :D I'm on their forum, that's why. Really looking forward to this game now, the multiplayer sounds incredible. I haven't seen the new screenshots they had in the mag before, I'll have a look in the gallery now.

Chris 22nd March, 2008 @ 16:34 - Permalink

I've updated our GTAIV Multiplayer page btw, it has all the known details about GTA IV's multiplayer modes.

GTA Don's photo
GTA Don 22nd March, 2008 @ 16:37 - Permalink

Uhh... You spelt mafia wrong, there's no y. :P

Artur's photo
Artur 22nd March, 2008 @ 17:25 - Permalink

Don't think he did Mafia is usually for Italian gangs and such. While Mafiya is for Russian gangs which makes sense because the guy who we have to protect (Petrovic) sounds like a Russian name and it was probably in the article. So yeah. Nice update on all the news. I'm probably not gonna beat the single player anytime soon and just have fun playing online. There's so much possibilities in Free Mode, and loads of backstabbing people :P

Edit:

Reminds me of the perks you get in CoD4 when you rank up.

dalg's photo
dalg 23rd March, 2008 @ 04:47 - Permalink

I love the idea of being able to customize a charachter for online multiplayer. ( My Characher is gonna be gangsta, Any up for the challanged of who's charachter is gonna be more ganstsa STEP UP.) More to it, i love the fact that there is free roaming mode. Let bring it GTA 4 Life

Mr.Juggalo's photo
Mr.Juggalo 24th March, 2008 @ 17:13 - Permalink

I'm really happy Rockstar decided to include multiplayer in the game. This is gonna make the game that much more fun to play!

GTA San Andreas GTANetwork.it GTANF GTAGaming RockstarFans.ir GTAReview