It's here, the epic game first released back in 2004 on the PlayStation 2 has now available today for various iOS devices! There's still no official announcement from Rockstar about it, and the game has been available for almost 24 hours now in some countries such as Australia and New Zealand. GTA: San Andreas is one of the first games on the App Store to feature full support for MFi controllers. You'll need a fairly new-ish device to be able to run this demanding game, so do check the description for supported devices before purchasing. The game will set you back £4.99 / $ 6.99 / €5.99.
Rockstar Games brings its biggest release to mobile yet with a vast open-world covering the state of San Andreas and its three major cities – Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas – with enhanced visual fidelity and over 70 hours of gameplay.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features:
• Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
• Enhanced for the iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th Gen and above with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
• Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers.
• Cloud save support for playing across all your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
• Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
• Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.
*To listen to your custom playlist, simply create a playlist titled “GTASA”, launch the game, and select the radio station “MIXTAPE”.
If you're an Android or Windows Phone user we're afraid you'll have to wait until next week to get your hands on this, it's unclear why there is a short delay for these two systems but let's hope Rockstar can get it out ASAP.
If you're an iOS user and your device is supported, you can go and buy San Andreas now on the App Store.
I was actually expecting dynamic shadows that's along the lines of the SA:Render mod, but it turned out to be not unlike the ones on the PC version.
Then again at least it's 'swell that we're now getting the SA experience on our smartphones.
In regards to the shadows, they're shadow maps, not the stencil ones on the PC version. Would've been better if they used it on all objects, but that would be resource-heavy.
Some of our affiliates (view all):