BattleField 1942 and 2015. ed: and F.E.A.R., which is best gaming XP software?

Nate10

Yeah man, installing Battlefield 2142 on Vista should work just fine you know, and you're talking about 2142 right, there's no Battlefield 2015. Don't know about the other games though, but I think they should work just fine, unless you've forgot to install some drivers or something.

Well BF1942 back in the day like 3 years ago was EVERYWHERE, sooo many people played it, every day i would check how many servers and there was usually 3000 servers but now its down to 500, BattleField Vietnam Is A good game, but i dont really like it that much, and i lost the play disk :(, BF2 Changed everything, and i mean EVERYTHING, Rank,Comander,Squads,and Leaderboards.

CSS is a sweet game, there are multiple ways of Game modes and game play,

theres

Zombie

Surfing

GunGame

CTF(new)

?

and TDM.

Oh And Never get Vista, ANY version, it takes up too much space, and like Chris82 said Piece Of CRAP. So go Back to XP, For Your own Sake :P

I may just go back to XP so I can play my games... But still, anyone know; totally.

Do it...Vista's a resource-hogging DRM-infested crock of shit.

BTW 2142 also sucks, as does 1942. The ONLY worthwhile game in the BF series is BF2.

Also get Counter-Strike: Source, it owns too.

Yeah, I went to gamestop and saw that all WWII games sucked buut 2 looked good, really good. I didn't see any CC but I got the first F.E.A.R. game. It works but... the screen is always flashing, is it Vista or do I have a bad graphics card? I have a NVidia GeForce 6600 though. Anyway, I'm changing to XP again, I have the XP home edition, not sure if that's the best gaming one. If you guys could tell me which XP is best in general of just for gaming that'd be great.

Oh And Never get Vista, ANY version, it takes up too much space, and like Chris82 said Piece Of CRAP. So go Back to XP, For Your own Sake

Who really cares about diskspace. For 1 EUR you get 3 GB of HDD so that's not a big deal (on average). The only prob with Vista is the stupid drivers incapability and the programs that don't function well.

If you're a gamer you'll have to get Vista for DX 10.

It probably would be better if you would use XP untill Vista is developed further, or at least, other people devolop their programs for Vista.

And your graphic card is one of the older ones. How much Vram?

1GB is fine for BF2. With your graphics card and RAM you'll be able to run it with all settings on medium which is fine, the most important things in BF2 to have turned up are shadows and view distance, because the retards who have those turned off are at a disadvantage.

And all those modes that Wheelman posted for CS:S are server-side mods, which add new types of gameplay. Regular CS:S has de_ maps, which involve terrorists with a bomb trying to blow something up, and cs_ maps, where terrorists have taken hostages and the counter-terrorists must rescue them.

de_dust2 and cs_office are the best official maps!

vista isnt that great

Why isn't it great? The 'future' with gaming is on Vista with DX 10 and online play with Vista and 360.

The only bad thing for gaming is the high system requirements, but a simple upgrade will help that away. Take the 8600 Ultra. That will be a normal priced and good graphic card.

vista isnt that great

Why isn't it great? The 'future' with gaming is on Vista with DX 10 and online play with Vista and 360.

The only bad thing for gaming is the high system requirements, but a simple upgrade will help that away. Take the 8600 Ultra. That will be a normal priced and good graphic card.

Yeah, I'm not to smart with that stuff but if that's what I should do with a gaming computer could you IM me or PM me the stuff I should get. Thanks if ya can, cause I will be installing vista when everything is compatible.

Edited by Nate10

Cheap... It's one of the most expensive cards... :P At least the GTX is. The GTS 320 MB is 100 EUR cheaper (130$) then the GTS 640 MB is. All other specs are the same and it's just a fraction slower then the 640. The GTX has everything higer. It has 768 MB and all clockspeeds are higher. But that will be about 250 EUR more then a GTS 320.

Linky benchnmarks.