XP Setup Problem

MrLlamaLlama

Okey, dokey.

My PC went dolally a couple of days ago, and decided it was going to start booting straight into the BIOS. So, after mch HD fiddling, BIOS scouring, CMOS battery replacement and General Acronym - ness, Me & My uncle (ex computer technician) decide to do a winows repair.

But, because windows, bites, it now requests to re-register the copy and register with windows, which i can deal with, BUT, because it's a heap of rotting, stinking SHIT, it won't detect my internet connection (wireless), so i bootedup th laptop, connected t th internet and trie on my (buggered) PC, but no.

So now i'm stuckon this f***ing laptop which has rendered typing this a colossal task, becasue it randmly skips backward thouh my text. woo-bloody-hoo.

HELP *CRIES* HELP!

(wtboth probem problemif posible)

sorryfor th nearly illegible writing, i assure yu am engish, it's just this bloodylaptop!

oh yeah, after thn reinstall, and realising my cputer was now useless, i ralise it was ooting the BIO because my delete key was stuck down, the one one the numpad which i never use BECAUSEE it sticks. CHRIST. i feellike a n00b on toast.

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

hahaha, i wish every problem was that simple!!!

Why don't you just call the activation number instead of trying to do it online? Are we talking about activation here? I just installed a fresh copy of OEM windows and I've had no problems in getting it booted up, I can access windows, install drivers, everything, for 30 days until I activate it; all without ever plugging the internet into it. Don't quite understand what you mean.

Edited by Alistair

hahaha, i wish every problem was that simple!!!

Why don't you just call the activation number instead of trying to do it online? Are we talking about activation here? I just installed a fresh copy of OEM windows and I've had no problems in getting it booted up, I can access windows, install drivers, everything, for 30 days until I activate it; all without ever plugging the internet into it. Don't quite understand what you mean.

This is one aspect of MS Windows XP that I really don't like - the activation. Despite massive efforts in combating warez groups through activation, XP is still successfully cracked by such underground groups, and is vulnerable to virus and spyware attacks, which is a reason why I decided to slowly switch to Linux, as well as ReactOS, an open-source Windows NT/XP clone. ReactOS is a potential Windows-compatible solution, although it's still on alpha.

I'll have to have a look at ReactOS!

Well I run a computer and a laptop. The computer is for games and backup, the laptop is for the internet and work. Both are on WinXP.

The reason I do this is because, if you never connect the internet to your computer, it's amazing just how fast your PC boots upto winxp on a decent machine, so it really is just a pure gaming machine. The laptop is slower, and obviously with firewalls and such it takes ages to bootup, so I only run the net on this one. Pretty simple, and saves a lot of hassle. Plus the laptop is cheap to replace if it breaks or something because of hackers and plus you can sit anywhere with it!

• 2 weeks later...