Had a thought the other day

MrLlamaLlama

From what we've seen on the 3rd trailer, it looks like the car damage is on a whole new level aswell, the car frame changes shape etc. Its better than your door just falling off in previous GTA's.

On-Topic: I'm not so sure about the cars blowing up when there flipped over but I might miss the feature. I'm just going to wait and see what Rockstar does and be amazed by it :)

i think that although the cars blowing up as soon as they roll onto the roof could be frustrating at times, but its part of what makes the game. i remember playing gta 1, and thinking this was bullshit, but ive become used to it, and i dont mind it anymore.

as for pulling weapons out of your ass, i think that they should be stored on your back, or in your pockets (small guns). I agree with COBHC666 that there should be certain muscle limits for what kind of guns you can carry, and how many you can carry. you should be able to carry 3 or 4 smaller guns like the pistol at one time, while if your carrying the rocket launcher, you would not be able to carry any other weapons, because of weight limits.

Mafia was pretty realistic w/ weapons, I'll miss walking into a fire fight w/ all my weapons & a ton of ammo.

fatalgamer has a point about cars blowing up, if the battery touches bare metal & gas is leaking, you have fire. There should

be a routine that calculates the chance of a fire & you have a chance to call a tow truck.

One of the funnier bits in GTA3 was flipping the fire truck. Sometimes Claude could push it back up onto it's wheels before it

blew up. In SA I actually ran the fire truck in circles on it's side until I hit something to knock it back upright.

There could be a "super adrenaline" you could use to pick up your car & set it on it's wheels, ala CRACKDOWN.

Mafia was pretty realistic w/ weapons, I'll miss walking into a fire fight w/ all my weapons & a ton of ammo.

fatalgamer has a point about cars blowing up, if the battery touches bare metal & gas is leaking, you have fire. There should

be a routine that calculates the chance of a fire & you have a chance to call a tow truck.

One of the funnier bits in GTA3 was flipping the fire truck. Sometimes Claude could push it back up onto it's wheels before it

blew up. In SA I actually ran the fire truck in circles on it's side until I hit something to knock it back upright.

There could be a "super adrenaline" you could use to pick up your car & set it on it's wheels, aka CRACKDOWN.

I corrected your post for you :)

Maybe it could just be a 50-50 chance of your car catching fire or blowing up. Sometimes your car will flip and nothing will happen, sometimes it will catch fire and then just smoke and sometimes it will catch fire and EXPLODE.

There could be a "super adrenaline" you could use to pick up your car & set it on it's wheels, aka CRACKDOWN.

I corrected your post for you :)

Maybe it could just be a 50-50 chance of your car catching fire or blowing up. Sometimes your car will flip and nothing will happen, sometimes it will catch fire and then just smoke and sometimes it will catch fire and EXPLODE.

No... you just... made it wrong.. it was right in the first pace... :P

I think it may depend on how hard you crash. If you just roll it because you took a corner too fast and didn't counter steer, then.... Nothing, But if you hit a ledge, fly off an overpass, pile into 6 other cars and cause a rush hour pile - up, then... an explosion would be cool. :D

Thanks MLL, for catching that for me, it was supposed to be "ala", meaning AS IN. AKA is short for "Also Known As".

FC - Please check w/ people before you "correct" their posts, if it's an error they need to edit the post. Editing a quote

changes the quote & it's no longer accurate. The purpose of the quote is to show EXACTLY what was said. I would also

appreciate it if you would undo your editing

This time it was a fairly minor thing, but that's not the point. Someone could edit a quote to say anything, think about it for

a minute. Would you like it?

Back to topic.

In my oppinion they should make the cars like in the Driver series. In Driver 3 the car handling and physics were pretty good which made driving around much more fun and realistic. When the car flipped over you could not just run up against it and push it back up because like a realistic car it weighed a lot more than the player. Also the drifting and driving itself was much more realistic because of the mass of the vehicle. Also when it tipped over it did not explode, it just stayed there and the damage was also realistic. What im trying to say is the most important feature of the cars handling is the weight and if you can just tip it over thats not really realistic. I think that if the crash is hard enough it should blow up but otherwise not.

I think that when a car rolls over it shouldn't explode just be really heavily damaged with smoke pouring out the engine and a crumpled roof. You shouldn't be able to drive away after either....

good point and i forgot to mension in driver the roof also get messed up what makes the damage on the whole car look a lot better. But the whole explosion thing was far too stressfull and unrealistic.

I think that when a car rolls over it shouldn't explode just be really heavily damaged with smoke pouring out the engine and a crumpled roof. You shouldn't be able to drive away after either....

And if you hit one side of your vehicle, it could screw up your steering alignment, or give you involuntary toe / camber :P Makes car chases all that much harder. =D

Or you like when all the parts fall off? like no hood, bumber, headlights and the side pannels? the structure of the car is still perfect and it never gets messed up. The car should take more damage on the structer itself and if you crash in a wall really fast the wall should crumble down a bit. like atleast take a little damage.