Phone Help

K9 Krew

Hey

I need help regarding the Nokia 6288 phone. The phone will function perfectly EXCEPT for the screen. It has a total of 6 problems.

a)screen inverts colurs

b)Screen flips upside-down

c)screen goes black

d)screen scrambles into strange lines

e)colours lose contarst.

All of these problems occurr at random intervals, there is no pattern between what the phone is doing at the time and when it appears. there is no order, one problem may happen 5 times in a row. Also it's not going away.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by K9 Krew

Ive got a 6280, and i get problem D..

but what happens is, i'l be doing something, then it scrambles into strange coloured lines, and pretty much crashes (as if i turned off and on my phone except it doesnt ask for code)

Its probably to do with the phone, how long have you had it? Have you dropped it...cos that would probably do something..or any liquid damage? spilled water on it or anything?

If you've had it for 1 year (or less) then it'll prob be covered under nokia warranty so send it to nearest authorised service centre...DONT take it to a "phone repair" shop in a shopping mall they will probably rip you off (charge for nothing), just give it to nokia service centre - check their website for locations..they will either repair (for cost or no cost if under warranty) or suggest you get a replacement...so umm yeah good luck!

Hey

I need help regarding the Nokia 6288 phone. The phone will function perfectly EXCEPT for the screen. It has a total of 6 problems.

a)screen inverts colurs

b)Screen flips upside-down

c)screen goes black

d)screen scrambles into strange lines

e)colours lose contarst.

All of these problems occurr at random intervals, there is no pattern between what the phone is doing at the time and when it appears. there is no order, one problem may happen 5 times in a row. Also it's not going away.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I don't own a 6288, but the best thing to do is to take it to a Nokia service center and have it fixed, especially if it's brand new. But have you done something bad to your phone before, like drop it? Or maybe you spilled water on it? Don't worry, maybe my buds at Imserba might help you with that...

• 4 weeks later...

bump...Has u fixed da problem? New phone? repair?

Well no longer do I have a 6280 problem, now got a shiny new Nokia N81 (not the 8GB version, the one with mem card).

kicks major ass for music w/playlists, artists, albums, like iPod does, 5band eq with customisable presets (like iPod CANT do) + loudness effect (not on iPod) stereo widening (not on iPod)...

Umm, plug n play compatibility, WLAN. You can drag n drop music on the card from your computer (without nokia software), just into the folder. Then say refresh and it finds all + sorts into artist, album, composer, genre etc.

And it has Nokia Maps (some GPS type thing, plan your journey while at home, then save it to phone, then let it tell you where to go, how to get there)

Me happy :D

Edited by WRX22B1998

• 2 weeks later...

K9, we have the same phone. I'm guessing your on 3 as well?

Well, when I brought the phone, they told me that some of the phone's had firmware and system errors. So, if that happened, take it back to 3, and they'll replace it.

The phone would be brand new, only came out in January.

But, the only thing is doesn't do, is put music on. I can only put on some songs.