whats the rep log?

Your Rep log is a history of warnings given by staff against you. However, you can also be given postive warnings (Rep), for good things you've done, which are also shown there.

The rep log is visible only to yourself and staff. Only staff can give you rep or warnings, and they follow strict guidelines when they do.

Rowie, your rep log is empty. The log is still there (everyones got one) but theres nothing in it until you get warned or repped.

If you have rep (which is good) it shows up as green pips (squares) under your avatar. Warnings (which are bad) are NOT visible to anybody else.

Also, just to clear something up, staff don't have to report posts to delete them, we just delete them if we need to. Reports are just messages that go to staff, informing them of a problem, so that they can take action.

Glad to help.

Scared of what? No need to whine.

The rep log is just a log, so staff can see what you've done before. So if you are warned twice for the same incident, the second staff member knows not to do it. If it is a repeat offence, the staff member can see that you have ignored staff the first time, and won't be as lenient the second.

Warnings are not cumulative, and rep does not counteract/cancel/negate warnings. They are never removed, they are just historical lists for Staff information. Even if you have lots of warnings, your good rep will still show up.

Positive rep is gained by being extremely/unusually helpful, it is not given out lightly. For example, writing a page of content for the main site, or making a detailed How-To topic.

Warnings are not cumulative, and rep does not counteract/cancel/negate warnings. They are never removed, they are just historical lists for Staff information. Even if you have lots of warnings, your good rep will still show up.

Positive rep is gained by being extremely/unusually helpful, it is not given out lightly. For example, writing a page of content for the main site, or making a detailed How-To topic.

That meaning Guides to games and how to send money via the store. I made a guide before for San Andreas here but you won't get rep for everything, I don't mind.

I have never had a negative rep and if you do have negative rep, it is nothing to be proud of, there have been members on here who have had five warnings or bars of Negative Rep, I'm not giving any specific examples because I am not sure who have these because I can't see who has negative rep and I don't want to see either.

Keep warnings and rep separate. Rep is good, and gives you the green boxes. Warnings are bad, and are just messages to staff (unless you get a suspension or something at the same time).

We used to just have the warning system, where every bad thing you did counted for 20%, and you got banned if you reached 100% (and various other sanctions along the way). A very long time ago that was abused

The Rep system was introduced gradually, and there haven't really been any specific guidelines on when to give rep and how much to give. Thats why there have been inconsistencies.

:( I never said I was proud of my bad rep

I know you never said that ;) but if you were going around posting "I have negative rep, Wooo!" then people would start saying that you shouldn't be proud of it. Having negative rep is never a good thing but having positive rep what is also visual is a very good thing a something you should be proud of.

One of the best examples was the To-Do-List Topic what hasn't been posted in for a little while now, I just can't seem to find that topic anymore, but I think it is being updated. There have been topics such as Gerards topic, "Big Changes" what have made people think about what they can do and improve upon so they don't get a bad rep or even more bad reps.

I would continue this but there is a massive thunderstorm outside and it is dangerous to have a computer on in a storm.