GTA IV not worth the hype?!

Hey,

You probably think: "WTF is this guy saying, he just wants to do as if the game sucks"!

So let me get straight to it and tell me my story:

"I have read many articles, and done full research on GTA IV, I sticked to this site (thegtaplace.com/gta4/), to read all previews, and have read each of them. And I was really really, REALLY, HYPED about it.

I got all excited of it at any random moments, even when I failed my exams!

I saw loads of images of the car damage and everything else, I made multiple videos of it on youtube, creating my own trailers, etc., and even made analysis on the videos!

But then, I noticed multiple articles saying GTA IV leaked gameplay was out on the web!

I really wanted to see them, in the beginning of the week still some were online on youtube and other sites, but now all of them are deleted and blamed for copyright by taketwo.

So the videos I watched, kind of destroyed me, atleast it removed my hype, and made me so sad.

Because it wasn't as good as I expected, maybe the first few videos were just bad quality, but the car damage looked pretty basic. It was a disappointment."

So that's it....

`EDIT`

Nothing to worry about, actually my hype is up again!!

I watched another couple of videos today and it is super cool, the car damage isnt basic at all, well, only at same points, because in the first videos I watched a car crashed frontal full speed and the car kept it's form, no big bent bump in the front, only some accessories falling off.

But then in other things the car damage was super and so was the rest, so after all it was good enough, as good as the research, well better!!!!

Something that might interest you:

"In one of the gameplay videos I saw, Niko Bellic ran to a bike, put his hand around the bikers neck, and pulled him right off.

He stole the bike and did some wheelies, the sound affects of the bike were really really REALLY amazingly cool.

So the person drove the bike fast, and how the speed looks is truly awesome, (u really notice ur going at high speed), and then the person (Niko) crashed his bike at a high speed right into an old shitty car, the bike made a very deep bend in the front of the car, and niko helmet flew off.

Plus Niko Bellic himself flew right off his bike and into the windshield of another car causing it to break and the people inside the car reacted realistically! Blood too was spreaded on the ground where the accident happened and quite some health was removed from the bar.

Niko shouting and suffering, the player made him steal a hummer parked by the accident place.

And wow so much suspension!

And he drove with the hummer over the front of another innocent car, which's front was crumbled and smashed down to the ground! Next he rammed his Hummer into another mercedes looking car which went rolling down the street, and here, something many people wanted for GTA IV, the Mercedes looking car's roof collapsed onto the driver which I don't think he made it....!!!!

But then the video ended.

I could link the video but I would be blocked from the forums for a week or so, so I wont, but anyway I bet the video has been removed too.

This is the really bad thing about seeing gameplay videos or previews that give info on missions, it does sometimes give away a bit of the hype and you may make assumptions without even playing the game, next time don't try to look for lots of information and you will be excited by the next GTA.

For me it wont dissapoint, it will be a good game, it has a lot of hype and it will be a good game.

The car damage are fare more realistic that you thought, the car damage can be found on everyside and angle of the car.

And the story of the video you saw, that sounds amazing. Specially the one where the car roof collaps onto the driver, I never expected that in a game.

Anyway you should really look forward to the game, it's gonna be great.

i kinda agreed. but im trying not to get hyped anyway the more hyped you get, the more likely you are to be dissapointed. the car damage looked real and the storyline things looked great. but the car handling and control over Nicko looked like The Getaway. this may just be because the players suck and are probably weirdo's who do nothing but kill and get chased in the game. this is fun but im an explorer and like to make my own things to do.

So my advise: Dont get hyped! And when GTA IV comes out you will like it more. Like when we saw screenshots of boots being opened on SA... But yo couldn't do that. We were dissapointed. And i think not everything they show will be playable.

We don't know what the next GTA is gonna be, we don't even know if there is gonna be a new GTA game. But I been watching some gameplay videos and now I know somwhow how's the game is gonna be, so I don't get very disapointed if the game wasn't as I expected, but there is still plenty of things to do and hundreds of thing left to explore and I can't wait for it!

Edited by mutu

Logged in to make a quick post: I've seen several GTA gameplay videos, I even watched some dude playing it live over the net, and I don't feel like the game is ruined. It's just hyped me up even more. I steered clear of the crappy low quality vids on youtube, watched some vids from another site, and nearly shat my pants at how awesome everything looked - the water, the car handling, the shooting, and so many other things. That's my opinion anyway, not sure if other people disagree, but the vids I watched didn't ruin it at all for me. I'm just waiting for the release date.

I disagree GTA IV will be the best game EVER!!! except maybe if GTA V comes out

then gta iv wont be the best game but gta v will, and it wont be called v,

GTA 5 will be situated in London

Yeah most likely, because the past four GTA series have been based in London right? Oh yeah, there was an expansion for the first GTA.