Firefox 3.0.X - Rant...

Deji

I hate the fact there are updates for Firefox every 2 weeks and that they never even support old plugins! It's even been said that they're just doing it so they can keep track of their customers ect. It's really annoying!!! But do I ever see the few bugs get fixed? Hell no! Seems like they just make random updates that disable certain browser extensions and get on your nerves as it pops up 'reminding' you that you have updates ready every hour! I love Firefox but I would rather they stopped making tiny updates and work one good update that can at least support most plugins and release them after several months... It's just like they know they're the only good browser and want to have their users recreating plugins, redownloading themes and doing all sorts all over again just to show off their users to the other browsers.

So, I won't be upgrading my Firefox for a while. I've found a perfect version which supports nearly all my wanted extensions and themes and I'm sticking with it. Rant over... :pissedred:

• 2 weeks later...

The security updates don't usually contain minor things, they're always for medium-high risk issues.

Blame the plugin makers for only making them compatible for a minor version number. They're supposed to make it compatible for any version of the major number, e.g. 3.0.1 or 3.0.4 it'll still work. The jump to 3.1 might have new features/code so that's a legitimate reason for not making it compatible straight away until it's been tested.

Another thing that irritates me - when the browser window closes and you can't open it again (unless you restart), and therefore you're forced to work with shitty IE. I also don't like it when the window closes for no reason, it never happened with IE for me - IE meaning Internet Explorer.

Edited by The Bossman

Another thing that irritates me - when the browser window closes and you can't open it again (unless you restart), and therefore you're forced to work with shitty IE. I also don't like it when the window closes for no reason, it never happened with IE for me - IE meaning Internet Explorer.
That had once or twice on my old PC. Just Open Task man and close firefox from process. Then start firefox again it should work fine.