England Slang?

Husky

Hey guys.

Today I hade the craving of getting high off of videogames. So anyway I bought a new Logitech USB microphone while playing Grand Theft Auto IV. I'm not going to give his name. So this teen from United Kingdom kept on adding me , then I added him so we played games together for the lulz. I was playing free-mode with this guy, whenever I'm kicking his ass he utter words like:

- What a Mug

- Bloody Hell

- Bleeding Yank; all the same.

- ... Alright squire. Take the boat then.

- " You see those boys in the heli-copters? Those are my best mates.

- This is actually "collusso"

What the hell are they saying? Can somebody translate this in english?

PS: If someone here is Italian can they tell me what amico mio means?

Edited by Husky

Hey guys.

Today I hade the craving of getting high off of videogames. So anyway I bought a new Logitech USB microphone while playing Grand Theft Auto IV. I'm not going to give his name. So this teen from United Kingdom kept on adding me , then I added him so we played games together for the lulz. I was playing free-mode with this guy, whenever I'm kicking his ass he utter words like:

- What a Mug

- Bloody Hell

Bleeding Yank; all the same.

- ... Alright squire. Take the boat then.

- " You see those boys in the copters? Those are my best mates.

- This is actually "collusso"

What the hell are they saying? Can somebody translate this in english?

PS: If someone here is Italian can they tell me what amico mio means?

Bold: Uhh, it's already in english. :hurrhurr:

I would like to just guess, I might be wrong with some, most or all of it.

"What a Mug" ~ TRANSLATION = "What an ass" (possibly not as aggressive)

"Bloody Hell" ~ TRANSLATION = "What the fuck"

"Bleeding Yank" ~ TRANSLATION = "Fucking American"

"squire" ~ TRANSLATION = ERROR :blink:

"mates" ~ TRANSLATION = "Friends"

Well actually most of that is right mate, squire and mug, well I've never heard many people say that before. Mate is basically another word for friend, or comrade! Bloody hell does somehow mean "What the fuck", but it could also mean "Holy shit" or "Holy cow", anything really that relates to a sudden shock. "Bleeding Yank", well I don't think many of us say that, fact is, I bet only old people who live in Britain would say that due to the reference being "Yank", which refers to American soldiers in WWII. I don't know about mug, probably does mean what an ass, but to be honest, I'm not sure, I never hear anyone in the streets talk like that.

As you know, I've lived in Britain most of my life, but the two words "Mug" and "Squire", well I've heard them before, just never knew what they meant. :P I assume this is a type of traditional talk back in the early days. Hope this helps Husky.

A mug is someone who falls for shit alot, or who gets themselves into shit they can't get out of.

'Bloody hell' has a few... If you're looking at something in awe, you might say that instead of 'whoah', but van be used to mean 'For fuck's sake' also.

Bleedin' yank - already explained.

Squire - basivally, you call soemone squire instead of their name, usually as an introduction.. 'How you doin', squire?', it's an old English word, we not really very common tbh.

Mates - done by harwood.

LOL squire. Blatantly some cockney twat from London, I haven't heard anyone use that for ages. You normally sound like a dick if you say that.

Bleeding btw, is just an even more mild form of 'bloody'. You basically have to be from London to get away with using that to avoid sounding like a posh cunt.

"Amico mio" just means "my friend"

LOL squire. Blatantly some cockney twat from London, I haven't heard anyone use that for ages. You normally sound like a dick if you say that.

Bleeding btw, is just an even more mild form of 'bloody'. You basically have to be from London to get away with using that to avoid sounding like a posh cunt.

"Amico mio" just means "my friend"

Lmao, I'm going to London on friday, if I here that used by anyone in London, I'll give them a punch from you :P.

I actually use some of those. "Bloody Hell" is the most common one. Also mug is used often in Norfolk :).

Ye must go to Yorkshire, it in't that noisy. I doubt good "ol' yorkshire" has a few good songs of it's own.

I wouldn't speak to a Scottish person they say stuff like: "Ho, yee er an a jiro!" it's really not understandable even to me and I've been living in Scotland a decade.

I laugh at "auld reekie" but have no idea what it means, probably "Old smokey". So just beware when speaking to Scottish people, they can be easily misunderstood because they enjoy speaking their own language.

Edited by Thomas.

Ye must go to Yorkshire, it in't that noisy. I doubt good "ol' yorkshire" has a few good songs of it's own.

I wouldn't speak to a Scottish person they say stuff like: "Ho, yee er an a jiro!" it's really not understandable even to me and I've been living in Scotland a decade.

I laugh at "auld reekie" but have no idea what it means, probably "Old smokey". So just beware when speaking to Scottish people, they can be easily misunderstood because they enjoy speaking their own language.

Try watching the film Sweet Sixteen, it is set in Glasgow and I had to put subtitles on just to understand what they were saying.

This is common in Essex "I'll shank you bled! Brap Brap"

I don't even know what Brap even means.

My 9th grade English teacher told my class about how this guy from the UK told her, "Some time you should knock me up." Now in the US "to knock someone up" refers to getting them pregnant.

I found that funny. :lolbounce:

WTF, it means that in England too. WTF did this guy actually mean? :/

ey bruv, r8 good day m8 innit? r8 good.

it's like i'm straight out of england!

From a shitty part up north yes. I prefer you when you're from Armenia or whatever :P

Mate, surely toosies on that? nah? you're late mate, surely? Spewing off ma tits mate.

English is fun/

'Dear friend, may I share that cigarette, I suppose half would suffice..., no? oh, you are a rascal, please can I? Oh, bother, now I am annoyed.'

WTF part of England has people saying that :|

I lol'd at the translation though, which btw, I had to read otherwise I genuinely wouldn't have understood your post.

Try watching the film Sweet Sixteen, it is set in Glasgow and I had to put subtitles on just to understand what they were saying.

Brap brap is like woop woop! If you want to hear slang that you don't understand, watch Kidulthood, Adulthood or Sugarhouse.

My 9th grade English teacher told my class about how this guy from the UK told her, "Some time you should knock me up." Now in the US "to knock someone up" refers to getting them pregnant.

I found that funny. :lolbounce:

WTF, it means that in England too. WTF did this guy actually mean? :/

LOL, well apparently after she looked at him strange he said that he meant that she should visit him at his place if she were to go to where ever he's from...unless she was already there.

I guess he meant "knock me up" in a some what literal way, as in "come by and knock on my door", which sounds strange...but maybe it was all just a cover up because my English teacher was fucking sexy.

I don't understand Glaswegians, infact they are insulted for their accents in Falkirk and Edinburgh. The above sentence I said in Scottish meant "Hey, you're on benefits" as it is quite common usage in Central Scotland (Most people here have shitty Council Houses, yet these people are richer than those in regular housing that those regular people have to pay for.) I don't live on benefits so I guess that's great.

-

If it want some East Anglian words, watch Hot Fuzz not only is it a great film but it has characters mainly from Norfolk and Suffolk but it is set in Gloustershire. It has to be one the best films I have ever seen.

I dunno if "Blad" is used around most parts of Britain, but it's certainly being used here in Leicester! My mates basically talk like that for some reason (Cause they think they're gangsta'), and sometimes I lol pretty damn hard at what they say sometimes especially. But yeah, is that type of slang also used around parts of England? I think South London talk like that (Only cause I've seen kidulthood).

I can't stand it. In Essex people used to call me a snob because of the way I speak. For example I would never say "ain't". I would just say to them that they talk like commoners and that they really should pronouce their "th" and "t". My ears bleed when I hear "caroons" (translated as cartoons) or "waer" (translated as water). Why do they hate their Ts?

WTF part of England has people saying that :|

I lol'd at the translation though, which btw, I had to read otherwise I genuinely wouldn't have understood your post.

In Ghetto Bedford, anyone who's cool just says whatever the fuck comes to mind, and then everyone's ghetto sense tingles, and they magically know what the fuck they're all on about. Weird.

e.g. 'Oi, i'd get her my yard and duppi her'

'It's in my best interests to welcome that female into my humble abode and fuck her brains out'