What's Next

_Ray

I think that we should invent computers that run off Base 3.

It would make 50 TB of Base 2 data fit on 100GB of Base 3 Data.

Also, analog, I believe is the way to go for Video Storage.

Like a record. It could hold way more HD Data, but we gotta learn to make them more accurate, and figure out how to somhow put Video On them. It could be like a Base-500 Video Record.... :mellow:

Well, given the impending USB 3.0, I think we'll be buying read - only USB flash drives with games on them before long. Works on the same principle as a DVD usually does, you need it in to play, etc, installs game files on your PC.

For Large memory, we'll all be using solid state in about 12 months.

That's a great idea, I thought that too, but BD Discs at the moment are WAY cheaper than solid-state drives, flash drives etc. per unit of capacity.

Yeah, but... bluray isn't a practical way to store files on a PC, you can't put discs into your PC to get files, that's just counter-productive. About a year ago, bluray drives were around 600 England Money (My keyboard is fucked, won't do pound signs), now there 40, if that. SSD will go the same way, almost guaranteed.

I heard somewhere that Sony are making a 200GB Blu-Ray disc.... But I got no proof, It's just what I heard. I think from GTAForums.

I call bullshit.

And our storage is getting higher, and our physical space is getting smaller.... Disks aren't as reliable as small drives. I've heard that shortly we're going to have cell phones with intense amounts of GIGS of storage. Of course, no source.

But write-protected encrypted thumbdrives is the way to go for licensed media. Definitely.

Besides, we DON'T NEED MORE DISKS. ENOUGH WITH DISKS. WE'RE PAST THAT. And even if we were getting more disks, we don't need them yet. We didn't need Bluray yet. We still don't.

And our storage is getting higher, and our physical space is getting smaller.... Disks aren't as reliable as small drives. I've heard that shortly we're going to have cell phones with intense amounts of GIGS of storage. Of course, no source.

But write-protected encrypted thumbdrives is the way to go for licensed media. Definitely.

Besides, we DON'T NEED MORE DISKS. ENOUGH WITH DISKS. WE'RE PAST THAT. And even if we were getting more disks, we don't need them yet. We didn't need Bluray yet. We still don't.

You're right, Spaz. I guess the leading tech firms might get sick and tired of spinning platters in a year or two.

Though Micro SD Cards can only hold like 8GB right now, I heard that possibly within the next decade those will be up in the hundreds of gigabytes range.

But then what do we do?

The theoretical limit for one of those is one terabyte. So what would happen after we get technology as high as it can do in a hundred years or so....

Though Micro SD Cards can only hold like 8GB right now, I heard that possibly within the next decade those will be up in the hundreds of gigabytes range.

But then what do we do?

The theoretical limit for one of those is one terabyte. So what would happen after we get technology as high as it can do in a hundred years or so....

Limits are human's way of making you think you shouldn't reach higher than they do.

But then what do we do?

Limits are human's way of making you think you shouldn't reach higher than they do.

Yeah, like in 1985 when they said it would be physically impossible to have a CPU run at over 33 MHz.