Should this topic be pinned?

It's useful enough, but not Pin worthy. For something of that type, it does seem okay to post, you'd expect a few people to post in it, or probably more, but I believe pinning that wouldn't be worth it. If it's been posted in for a long while, then it could be pin worthy. For now, there's no point in it, and would be useless to pin. I suggest leaving it for the time, you'd expect it only to be pinned if it's got something good about it.

The above repliers are correct. We don't pin topics because you ask. In fact, it's likely to STOP us pinning your topic, since you've made it for the wrong reasons. Just like, as a rule, we never promote anyone who asks to be staff.

The reasons we DO pin topics are either because they are very popular (but your topic has no replies) or very useful information (in which you wouldn't expect a reply).

Whilst I understand your keenness to have a good topic, by going round making topics (in the hope of them becoming popular) youre actually more likely to annoy people.

The above repliers are correct. We don't pin topics because you ask. In fact, it's likely to STOP us pinning your topic, since you've made it for the wrong reasons. Just like, as a rule, we never promote anyone who asks to be staff.

Can I has staff plz?

Generally a pinned topic needs demand, if say there were thousands of posts on the subject of Vista x64 then yes a topic which could be pinned would come in handy, or even a sub forum. However as Mr G says making a topic on the off chance will earn you no favours.