What does "Mouse Look" do?!

Deji

Well, I've been wondering what this seemingly useless control was for. I reckon it's left over from the PS2 version or something... But I have both the PS2 version and the PC version and can't get what is missing...

So, what the hell does Mouse Look do on PC? It's under the "Vehicle Controls" part of the reconfiguration. And I've pressed it on billions of occasions and it's done nothing. I started just setting it to any random key on my keyboard :P

I'd like to know what it is, for modding purposes :)

I think it must be for the PS2 version, because if you look into som aspects of the game more closely, you might notice things which don't apply for PC versions - ie. In the missions Nines and AK's, one of the info boxes says to crouch and lock on to the target, then to switch to free-aim. This is a featre left over from the console versions, because you can't lock on in the PC version.

I think it must be for the PS2 version, because if you look into som aspects of the game more closely, you might notice things which don't apply for PC versions - ie. In the missions Nines and AK's, one of the info boxes says to crouch and lock on to the target, then to switch to free-aim. This is a feature left over from the console versions, because you can't lock on in the PC version.

I think this applies if you have a joypad installed, since auto-aim is usually reserved for joystick users.

I don't think so...

Auto aim can be enabled with the mouse. And you simply right click. Mouse Look aint involved.

Can't be for moving the camera inside the car, because you just move the mouse for that...

So, umm. Any other ideas? :P Will this mystery ever be solved?

EDIT: Ahh, figured it out. It's to be used with the "Steer with mouse" option in the PC only version of San Andreas. While having this feature on, you can only look around while pressing "Mouse Look". :D I finally know what it duz!! - It's still absolutely useless though :P

Edited by Deji