This problem should be addressed and corrected

tx3000

I was going through the forums and I found this reply referring to someone asking how to change something in zModeler or some other dff editor

there r a hondered topics about this, search a bit.

Are you kidding me? No one knows how to write instruction manuals that you can follow regarding this stuff that I can find or follow

People that give answers like this and the people who post tools and or refer to what to use but then not explain how to use them, are the reason every single forum revolving around modding are so messed up and topcs like this are constantly being created

You may get a small handfull of people who understand it, but those are the people who already have base lined knowledge of how to use this stuff.. Which doens't give people the right to say well others understand it why can't you the fact of the matter is its not that simple....

For example you cna get Zmoldeler and try opening up a file in that but then you run into this:

How do I unlock a file

Why can't I import a file

How do you import a file

What the hell am I looking at

and the list goes on and on

So as you can see saying to get ZModeler and import the files into it create a whole new list of questions and then some

If people are going to post tools and tell people to get stuf then THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE ALSO POSTED WITH IT

People that do this are the ones actually causing the forum to flood with the same types of questions

All someoen needs to do is to post up instructions that EVERYONE CAN FOLLOW (Not just a small group can follow)-- If not then don't complain that the forum is being flooded just because you are being lazy and or understand what you posted then automatically think that everyone else should also

Why don't you just post this instructions on what needs to be done, what you need to get and provide the links on where to get the stuff, instead of this generic answers that people keep giving that get people no where

I would do it but I have z-modeler and the unlock program but even I have no clue to what does what in z-modeler and there are no instructoions that I can find anywhere to even start hinting at what I need to do to change something

Don't try to turn this around like we are lazy and don't want to look...Well I have looked and everything I read doens't answer my question of how do you edit a mod because there is noth8ing written about what I'm asking anywhere that i can find, and for the record I have searched at at least 50 sites and read over 100 FAQS's and can find nothing...so its others responsibility to provide the answer

THERE IS NO POINT IN POSTING SOMETHING AND THEN NOT EXPLAINING HOW TO USE IT...THIS DOES AND SOLVES NOTHING AS WELL AS CREATES NOTHING BUT MORE PROBLEMS AND MORE CONFUSION THAN ANYTHING

Edited by tx3000

If some1 asks what do I need to make mods. We tell them what they need, and mostly even warn if they want dff models that it's really difficult. They ask what they need, not how to do it. So ansering such question make the perso replying the 1 who must make sure he learns it? No. Not every1 can just become a modder. Lot's of ppl think it's really easy. But it isn't, if they can't understand the info provided eiter life with it or just ask a littel for what you can't understand. But others are not obliged to awnser. I askt Slayer how he made a clip, he told me what he used. But it's not his duty by telling me that, that he make's sure that I know how to use it. If I would ask something, it's his choice if he reply's or not.

Probebly the moders have taken a long time to work out how it works, and you just can't say all that just in plane text, and even tutorials are still difficult to follow.

I'm not saying that yu should not help those ppl. But if you help and they can't follow. Then it isn't your prob.

All someoen needs to do is to post up instructions that EVERYONE CAN FOLLOW (Not just a small group can follow)-- If not then don't complain that the forum is being flooded just because you are being lazy and or understand what you posted then automatically think that everyone else should also

obviasly, you really don't know how difficult it is. If you do. Then make a tutorial that every1 can follow yourself.

btw, weren't you the same person who was against modding or am I mixing you up with someone.

obviasly, you really don't know how difficult it is. If you do. Then make a tutorial that every1 can follow yourself.

You obviously don't realize that I have written over 200 FAQ'S, Guides, manuals, modification packages, and walkthroughs on how to mod, and hack,

I have done what capcom, brady games said couldn't be done

I have hacked a universal Code that works with almost every GBA Game in existance

I hacked the rest of the PS2 GS codes for Code veronica X adn fixed what Gameshark.com messed up

I was the 1st one to hack a color into a GTA game and I have the dates to where its posted to prove that

I have written the idiots guide on how to mod fable and the use of its tools (I did in 1 week what that site couldn't do in 6 months)

I wrote and created the morrowind modding and install guide and was one of the leading people on a forum that dealt with mods

I started writing a manul for the installation and running of AIRcrack and AIRSNORT

I have hacked into the programming code for PSX Diablo (Not codes to use but I hacked the game programming itself and know how to manipulate it)

I must have had at least 600 hackers all tell me the same exact thing you are telling me, and I proved everyone of them wrong because I went ahead and did what they can't be done

So please don't start telling me what can and can't be done I know this can be done besides it's not to difficult to post up a pictured tutorial showing what buttons do what in Zmodeler or whatever is being explainedTis is the type of instruction that needs to be posted because right now when I open ZModeler And import a .dff I'm now stuck as to what the hell I need to click or any settings I am supposed to be using in order to manipulate the image I have in there...On top of that how the hell do you create a txd out of this for use with the .dff......

All this stuff can and should be explained when posting a tool...

btw, weren't you the same person who was against modding or am I mixing you up with someone.

No you are not mixing me up with someone else, you are mixing up what I said

I never said I was against modding I said something else refering to copyrights to a mod

People want to disagree with this and don't get the simple concept that unless something you want to protect is paid for, by not only patent, but copyright as well WITH proof of the proper federal doucumentaion, then it does not matter who uploads a mod into the net for a free download (Which you can't sell mods anyway) it becomes free reign at that point and anyone can do anything they want to it and host it where they want without permission (Including not giving credit) because owning somehting is one thing and owning the rights to something are 2 entirely different things

Is it immoral yes...is it ilegal no

Edited by tx3000

You obviously don't realize that I have written over 200 FAQ'S, Guides, manuals, modification packages, and walkthroughs on how to mod, and hack,

I have done what capcom, brady games said couldn't be done

I have hacked a universal Code that works with almost every GBA Game in existance

I hacked the rest of the PS2 GS codes for Code veronica X adn fixed what Gameshark.com messed up

I was the 1st one to hack a color into a GTA game and I have the dates to where its posted to prove that

I have written the idiots guide on how to mod fable and the use of its tools (I did in 1 week what that site couldn't do in 6 months)

I wrote and created the morrowind modding and install guide and was one of the leading people on a forum that dealt with mods

I started writing a manul for the installation and running of AIRcrack and AIRSNORT

I have hacked into the programming code for PSX Diablo (Not codes to use but I hacked the game programming itself and know how to manipulate it)

That sounds great! Could you show us some of your work?

On topic, have you ever tried going to the GTA forum @ Zmodeler2.com? If not then go there, as they all know more than us on the subject.

That sounds great! Could you show us some of your work?

I smell someone trying to call my bluff...LOL

Seriously though

Yeah sure what do you want to see...I may need to repost some of it (Due to bad and or broken links now) but I keep almost all of my work let me know what you want to see and I will either repost it or find it for you.

For starters try these 2 examples:

This one came from this site on how to use the GXT editor

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6932

Here is the date proof showing proof that I was the 1st one to add in colors to a GTA game as well as mod most of the files everyone is editing now....

http://xboxsaves.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php...ile&id=2962

I just looked and someone downloaded this today

I was not aware people were still downloading this

If you want to go ahead and take a real good look at the date this was posted and the readme I wrote for this

These are just 2 of my works..As I said I have more and to let me know

On topic, have you ever tried going to the GTA forum @ Zmodeler2.com? If not then go there, as they all know more than us on the subject.

Yes I have gone there thank you anyway though

BTW before you ask I don't mind writing guides and manuals for things But I need to know what I'm writting about and what needs to be done--do this for me and I can have a how to manual from start to finish in about a 1-2 weeks depending on what it is

Just to clarify

I also should have mentioned that the aircrack and airsnort manuals I am not writting anymore. I stopped after I found out that they are Linux Based---I only write stuff for windows

Edited by tx3000

well, make a tutorial off the basics off making a car. Just basics he, just to get ppl started with a moddel. And make it how you call, understandebel for all classes.

You seem to keep missing the point

Even as many icons and buttons in ZModeler there are only a small handfull of the functions and screen set up will get get used by all moders...It's a base fact that all modders use all of the same basic functions when editing - Some will go off an use other various functions but the base amount thats used by anyone that mods are all still the same

And that's what you make the manual on...all the base functions

So far only the people who already know what functions to use in the modeler can answer this. If you want to explain to me what icons are used in the z-modeler I will be more than happy to piece together an idiots guide to ZModeler

You obviously have no clue that I am probably in the top 3 if not the best guide writer on the net

I usually have my stuff downloaded over 1000+ times and no one ever asks how to use anything in them...ever

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

If I say it can be done it can be done and I always back that up

So as I already said, You explain to me the how to around the z-modeler I will put a manual together in the likes of something you could not possibly say can be done...I will bank on it

Edited by tx3000

well, I can't. I can't mod dff. But I think you should not find fault with everything. All topics dont ask how to use. but what they need. They give it a try, and relize it isn't so easy as they thougt.

and can you post 1 of your 200+ faq's.

1st off I didn't say I wrote over 200 FAQ's

2nd off I can't go posting non GTA stuff in here.

Tell you what, here is a small list of stuff I did tell me what you want and I will Either E-mail it to you or figure out something else

HEX Editing the Morrowind.xbe (Was on X-Box.com)

Mod conversion for Morrowind form the computer to the x-box (Was on X-Box.com)

The Idiots guide on how to mod fable (Was on Fablemod.com)

The upgraded idiots guide on how to mod fable (Was on Fablemod.com)

Walk through for resident evil Zero's Leech Hunter (I have the only walkthrough in existance personal projec only sent to 3 people)

GTA III Hacks (!st hacks of its kind on what you see people changing now Link above) Is still on x-box saves.com

GTA III Codebreaker and Warp points for all hideouts and various areas no one was able to hack (I Forget where these were or still are posted)

Dungeons and Dragons heroes Cheat codes (Still on Gamefaqs.com)

Diablo 2 Hero editor hacking guide (Personal project given out to some people)

And If I can Find them -

The 100% Complete and acurate Mortal Kombat Trilogy Strategy Guide (Was on xbox.com)

The complete acurate move listing for Motal Kombat Deadly Alliance (Was on xbox.com)

The complete 100% Move List, Conquest Solution and secrets Guide (Was on xbox.com)

An almost completed PSX diablo programing Source code (Personal Never posted Own project)

GTA Secrets guide

PS2 Code veronica Gameshark modifier code listing for both the crate slots and for the character as well (These were on Gameshark.com but were removed because they got pissed that I out did them and I got warned for it)

Universal GBA Joker command Code adn the Modifying Digits (These were on Gameshark.com but were removed and I got banned because they said these were "Illegal Codes"

Well let me know

Edited by tx3000

wy can't you post non gta stuff, if it's got to do with modding. Post it at the modding section.

Because this is a San Andreas modding forum not anything esle

Yes I can go to the main forum but you still have not been specific about what you wanted to see?

Edited by tx3000

your tutorials about modding. You said you maid all that stuff and we aren't giving aany help. So make a tutorial how to mod dff's in san andreas.

I already told you when someone feels like explaining the layout around ZModeler to me I will be more than happy to write one up.

I can't write a tut with no info to go on, and as you well know, from the way you have been following me around like a lost puppy, that I know, you are aware that I have said more than once, that someone needs to explain to me how to mod dff files.

So why are you following me around being stuipd?

Edited by tx3000

I smell someone trying to call my bluff...LOL

Seriously though

Yeah sure what do you want to see...I may need to repost some of it (Due to bad and or broken links now) but I keep almost all of my work let me know what you want to see and I will either repost it or find it for you.

For starters try these 2 examples:

This one came from this site on how to use the GXT editor

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6932

Here is the date proof showing proof that I was the 1st one to add in colors to a GTA game as well as mod most of the files everyone is editing now....

http://xboxsaves.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php...ile&id=2962

I just looked and someone downloaded this today

I was not aware people were still downloading this

If you want to go ahead and take a real good look at the date this was posted and the readme I wrote for this

These are just 2 of my works..As I said I have more and to let me know

Yes I have gone there thank you anyway though

BTW before you ask I don't mind writing guides and manuals for things But I need to know what I'm writting about and what needs to be done--do this for me and I can have a how to manual from start to finish in about a 1-2 weeks depending on what it is

Just to clarify

I also should have mentioned that the aircrack and airsnort manuals I am not writting anymore. I stopped after I found out that they are Linux Based---I only write stuff for windows

Well congratufuckinglations. But you left out some things.

First, you claim you were the first one to mod GTA3. However, that mod is for the Xbox version of the game, which was released over a year after GTA3 was released on PC, and certainly several months before the first mod was released. Plus the majority of the community mod the PC version, as modding the console versions require third party shit, console mods, and other things. While the PC just requires an unzip.

But let's just restrict it to Xbox. This mod (which is a trainer btw) was released over a year and a half before your mod. Some people don't classify trainers as mods, but they temporarily alter memory addresses to achieve things not normally available in game, thus, they are mods.

But anyway...I'm just starting to get into modeling, so when I'm good and ready, I'll right a tut for you. Happy? Good. Stop making topics. K?

Why is it chris82, and JACE, and a few other people are failing to read what is actually being posted, then you all go start making things up as you go along, and then on top of that trying to enforce what you are saying as fact then trying to say I said it?

Without fail every single time any of you respond to my topics saying I said something, I always have to correct what you are saying because you are saying I said something that I never did.

You both not only shread my topics, but and then you and shorten what I actually said and turn it into something you want it to say.

Take this for example from chris82

First, you claim you were the first one to mod GTA3.

You said I said this...But that is not what I said at all...

Both of you seriously need to learn to how to read before responding.

Seriously you 2 are either having some form of comprehension problem, can't read, or both?

If you really want to get into a debate about this then fine. since you brought this up you really should learn what you are talking about when it comes to programming, modding and or cheats. Because what you think you know and what you know are 2 different things and it shows.. So since you brought it up let me educate you on what some of the stuff you are talking about is so you have the proper information so you can see where you are wrong

FYI a trainer for the x-box is not a mod, a trainer is what is called the X-Box version of a gameshark code that must be launched from a specific dashboard and resets when the game is shut off a mod is a permanent addition to a game by altering the game files themselves

a trainer is something that is made by dis-assemebling the game programming (Using a specific decompiler program I can't remeber the name) and using a certain program to search and or find specific values so that you can create whats called a .etm file starting by creating a .asm file from the game and when using a trainer you need to make sure that both the igr and tsr

are on.

I know I have already gone way above you're head with this and if you think that you are having probelms understanding this then I'm ending it here because The rest is way more complex than that.

I did this to show you that there is nothing you are going to tell me that I have surpassed you in comp knowledge, hacking, and coding

The questions I am asking about modding are not average and way above you're comprehension level....They go way above the normal means of modding and if you ever fully understood what I was actually asking then you would get lost

Not to worry though I have found someone who understands what I am asking

If you want to debate some more about this then do it through PM

Thank you and have a nice day

Edited by tx3000

Are you complaining to us that there are no manuals HERE on how to use these programs?

The hell, dude?

You DO know there could be a very good reason for that.

MAYBE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE Z-MODELER ANY BETTER THAN YOU DO? Wow. Amazing concept, really. That maybe, just MAYBE, we have no clue how to use these tools either. And, from what I've seen in topics, a LOT DO only ask for what to use, because a LOT of people DO think it's easy.

If you can't find a proper manual ANYWHERE, don't complain to US. We don't run the f***in' internet. We aren't Gods. If you haven't search somewhere that isn't this site, try GOOGLE. If GOOGLE can't find what you're looking for, how the HELL do you expect us to have a tutorial handily written? We ARE listed in Google.... If we had a tut it would appear on Google when you search.

So, if you searched and found nothing on Google, it could be for various reasons. Maybe you suck at searching, it IS possible, I know people who can't search things on Google. It amazes me, really.

So yeah, instead of bitching at us that we don't have a manual written for a program we don't know how to use, go search elsewhere. Maybe somewhere that might possibly have someone who knows how to work Z-Modeler.

Are you complaining to us that there are no manuals HERE on how to use these programs?

No I am not COMPLAINING

You DO know there could be a very good reason for that.

There is no reason for it period.. I know 100% for a fact that there are way more than enough people here that not only know how to use Zmodeler and can create a how-to manual, but also have the MODS That they CREATED hosted here they are too lazy to write one.

And before you get the idea that they only are registered here to host a mod....try looking at some, most or all of their accounts and you will see that they are for the most part, still very still active

MAYBE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE Z-MODELER ANY BETTER THAN YOU DO?Wow. Amazing concept, really. That maybe, just MAYBE, we have no clue how to use these tools either. And, from what I've seen in topics, a LOT DO only ask for what to use, because a LOT of people DO think it's easy.

You really believe that? I suggest you take a good look at the list of people that are registered on this site and then look at who the mods were CREATED Being hosted on this site and you will see they are one and the same...So don't go ariound saying people here do not know how to use Zmodeler if the people registered

here have the MODS THEY CREATED hosted here

So please don't go saying things unless you know what you are talking about

Ever stop to think about reasearching what I'm saying and realize what I am saying.

WOW AMAZING huh?

Edited by tx3000

My point still holds true. If you can't find a guide here, LOOK ELSEWHERE. Maybe it isn't laziness, maybe some people aren't gods like you who can write perfect easy-to-understand basic guides. Maybe people don't know how to actually explain things. I work in Photoshop a lot. I couldn't write a guide telling you what most of the stuff does. I know what it does, and in person could show you how to navigate and properly use Photoshop. But I couldn't actually write a guide for Photoshop.

And this is a complaint topic, BTW. Maybe not an entirely rude complaint, but complaints are complaints, none-the-less.

Why do you both keep saying STOP MAKING THESE TOPICS Like I have created 19 more since the last one.....But the fact is The only topics I made regarding this are the same 3 that have been up here for days and thats it...You both are the ones who keep adding comments into my topics, thus keeping my topics near the top of the page.....Simple solution is to drop it and stop adding comments with you're complaints that make no sense...then trying to make it out like I have created 1000s of these topics.

You are the only ones pissing yourselves off and its rather funny

Way to go for being an effin' hypocrite you asshole. You keep complaining that people are mis-quoting you. Way to throw words in my mouth I NEVER said. I never complained about you making multiple topics, I complained about you complaining that we aren't doing something that is in no way mandatory for us to do. We don't specialize in helping people learn to mod.

And speaking of "active modders", the only big-name modder I know here is Switch. He DOES NOT ACTIVELY POST, he simply posts his mods.

Stop bitching that we aren't catering to your every f***in' need and go elsewhere if we don't have what you need. I'm f***in' tired of egotistical assholes who think we need to do everything they want us to because they are some higher-beings or something.

So how does anyone's response help the situation.

You all do realize that so far not one of you that responded has done anything to help and all you are doing is creating more and more nonsense.

I already told you people more than once that I already had this problem being worked on...but if you wanted to continue then I would go as long as you all wanted to.

I also told the admin to close these topics about 5 days ago......

ROFLCOPTER that did a lot of good huh...

Oh well I just pointed out that I guess the admin doesn really care if the forum gets out of hand

So how does anyone's response help the situation.

You all do realize that so far not one of you that responded has done anything to help and all you are doing is creating more and more nonsense.

I already told you people more than once that I already had this problem being worked on...but if you wanted to continue then I would go as long as you all wanted to.

I also told the admin to close these topics about 5 days ago......

ROFLCOPTER that did a lot of good huh...

Oh well I just pointed out that I guess the admin doesn really care if the forum gets out of hand