My best teacher, and great teacher died

tilly

My teacher. My friend. He was a totally different person. Better than any other teacher I have ever seen or heard of. He was irreverant, wierdly and extremely funny, had his own rules and his own teaching curriculum. He really had no boundaries. If you even just had one day in his class you would see how fun and crazy his class was. He was the schools watermark. The schools not the same anymore. He was half the inspiration to go to school for educational purposes. He was the only teacher who could be really funny, really rebellious, really cool, and really extremely smart at the same time. He was the nicest guy too. easy on grading. If you had the proper format and you werent a trouble maker you would get a pluses on every paper you had (unless it was totally horrible.) He wasnt a dick either. Not even close to an ass like most teachers. If you had a missing assignment you wouldnt even want to lie. You couldnt lie to him. But if it was lost without your consent, you could just talk to him and he would let you have the better half. Hes not like my other teacher "You have to be responsible about your belongings and keep track what your doing. F." None of that bullshit. He would say, "well theres nothing good about doing it twice and i dont want you to do double the work out of innocence from the force of my tyranny. Ill just excuse it and you can tell me if you have a problem or see an ongoing pattern about the homework being lost so we can find out who is doing it.... or if im just lazy and forget where i put it all the time. But ultimately, we'll find a solution to this." He made great jokes too. No matter what, he would make the class laugh constantly. He had great comebacks that really werent mean or stupid. They were just funny. Heres what he said just last week about our graduation from his class (he talked to only our class about this because we are the much advanced class.) "Maybe you can ask your parents to get you something for passing this class. It will be like a reminder of 'WOW i survived that guy for a whole year?!?" God he was a great teacher, person, and had a great soul. I cant believe he wont be there anymore. School wont be the same. Even though its only really a little more than a week. I feel like I wont be able to bear it. It was so sudden. All the staff was crying after they were informed in there "special meeting." Even the big tough guys (PE teacher, Metals teacher) everyone. I was crying too. I dont care how pussy it is. It was worse than losing a sortof close family member. I know you guys wont be able to feel what I feel because you didnt know him. But I just wanted to share.

I know what you're going through because one of my favorite teachers, my third grade teacher, died of cancer. She was extremely nice and when the principal informed the students that she died I couldn't even take it and had to be let out of the classroom. I knew ahead of time because the school called all her student's houses and informed everyone. I went to the funeral home to give my last respects and it was really weird. I was standing there with my classmates and teachers while we stood around and listened to her husband give a speech about her. When I went up to the casket I couldn't believe that my teacher was dead. This was the first funeral I went to and to see someone I knew well just lying there…it was very difficult.

Just hang in there; you'll get through it in time.