Resistance fall of man complaint on the news

"LONDON — The Church of England accused Sony Corp. on Saturday of using an English cathedral as the backdrop to a violent computer game and said it should be withdrawn from shop shelves."

-SOURCE-

It has been said that the hit PlayStation 3 video game, Resistance: Fall of Man might be taken off of shelves for having a church in the game. This may be the reason as to why the first set of downloadable content for Resistance hasn't been put up on the PlayStation STORE. With this happening, is there any chance for a sequel to Resistance? It's hard to tell now, but lets just hope mankind could get a chance to rise against the Chimera in the now less likely sequel to Resistance: Fall of Man, "Resistance: Rise of Man".

If Sony does not remove the game from the shelves along with give an apology for putting the church in such a violent setting, the Church of England will take legal actions to get the game off shelves. So hopefully taking the game off the shelves doesn’t kill the chances of us getting a sequel to this awesome video game.

Um, it hasn't been taken off the shelves yet, that's just want the church want.

This comes SIX MONTHS after the game's release. I'm not sure how it well affect any sequels. But it's pretty lame anyway, retarded argument on the churches part.

Yeah, the church wants that...that's what I said. I would assume it would affect the sequel because it's causing them to lose money to take it off the shelves, if it comes to that.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Today I saw on SkyNews (British news channel) that Resistance fall of man had been complained about because of the Church level in Manchester where you have to kill all the sweeping crawlers inside the church. The church said that they may take legal action if thegame is not withdrawn. You guys who don't have it might want to buy it fast... Here's the article:

A list of demands has been sent to the company, including the withdrawal of the game, an apology and a substantial donation to be used in the church's work with young people.

Officials said they were awaiting a response from Sony later.

The Dean of Manchester Cathedral, the Very Reverend Rogers Govender, chaired a church meeting over the new PlayStation 3 game, Resistance: Fall of Man.

"We are shocked to see a place of worship, prayer, learning and heritage being presented to the youth of today as a location where guns can be fired," said the dean.

He added that the city had suffered from a plague of gun violence in recent years with three shootings taking place within the last 72 hours.

Here is the link: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1269852,00.html

Personally I think its way too over the top I mean its just a game, hardly close to reality with aliens landing and one soldier survives it all etc. Why should people get so stressy over just a game? I'm sure other games have been like this...

Edited by Mpilk

Maybe the church should send a list of demands to the aliens who invaded in the first place!

I mean, here are these perfect people sitting around & playing nice when ET's armada of death comes & ruins everything.

They should just go home & leave the nice people alone, they never do mean things! The Spanish Inquisition & the

Crusades were okay because those were BAD people!

And they should....RETATDS!!! It's a VIDEO GAME! It's NOT real! It NEVER HAPENED!

If the Church has a problem w/ free speech, they need to reconsider where they set up shop.

Maybe the church should send a list of demands to the aliens who invaded in the first place!

I mean, here are these perfect people sitting around & playing nice when ET's armada of death comes & ruins everything.

They should just go home & leave the nice people alone, they never do mean things! The Spanish Inquisition & the

Crusades were okay because those were BAD people!

And they should....RETATDS!!! It's a VIDEO GAME! It's NOT real! It NEVER HAPENED!

If the Church has a problem w/ free speech, they need to reconsider where they set up shop.

Nicely said. Possibly the best PS3 game out right now and it might be withdrawn, Great.

What ever happened to free speech? Or god loves all equally no matter what you do or have done? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Funny, with all these legal suits towards big companies (like Microsoft, Sony, Rockstar, TakeTwo) makes you think they are just out for money, oh wait, thats right, they are!

What ever happened to free speech? Or god loves all equally no matter what you do or have done? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Funny, with all these legal suits towards big companies (like Microsoft, Sony, Rockstar, TakeTwo) makes you think they are just out for money, oh wait, thats right, they are!

It makes you wonder how a memeber of the CoE found out, i mean, wtf were they doing playing resistance 'Thou shalt not kill'

Another example of religion being complete shit (sorry, strict atheist -_- )

Wow ... I am sorry but this topic made me think about the Virgina Tec game that everyone, including some of the people posting about free speech in this topic, was so disgusted by and everyone though it was so wrong and should be taken down. May I ask what the difference is?

Yes the Virgina Tec. shooting game was about a real event, so what ... just because something is based off of some sort of fact free speech no longer applies to it? I am not saying either game is right or wrong, just raising a question. What makes a game okay for people to play? Where does free speech go to far in the way of making a game too offensive?

Also in that sense ... are war games that depict real wars acceptable?

Back on topic: A game is just that ... only a game. People need to stop being so sue happy and deal with things that offend them ... in the case of a game just ignore it.

what i dont get is what does it have to do with being against the church... there are aliens trying to kill you. in a church. plain and simple. im sure if you fought them in the school the school wouldnt get mad at you...

in final fight on ps2 there was a morphed pastor in the church that turned fat and evil and threw big green globs and dead people from the church grave at you. nobody cared about that.

Edited by tilly

But what you have to remember is this game is based of false events, the V Tech game was based off a real life event only a week after it had happened. That in itself is a large difference.

Honestly.. WHY would somebody make a game about that? Whats the world coming to :o

Edited by Mpilk

Free speech is a 2 sided thing, you take the bad w/ the good. But just because someone has the right to say something, it

doesn't mean you're obligated to listen.

Also, the makers of the VT Game (and the Super Columbine game a few months ago) probably did so w/ the assumption

that the people playing it could tell the difference between a video game & real life. They're in bad taste but they have as much a right as R*, EA or any other developer to make their game the way they want. It's like TV, if you don't like what's on, change it.

This just goes back to personal responsibility.

ive played the game and its really not that bad (okay god shock me with lightning)

i know its a little cruel and its mean to the familys and friends but its portrayed in a way that the killer is a dumbass just shooting around.

the only real thing bad about it is that it was made so early. im sure nobody would get mad if there was a columbine game (which there are millions of)

but really, what does this pastor or whatever douchebag think hes doing? games dont inflict anything but fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no! Violence! In churches! ~***WARNING!***~ *THIS IS NOW A JACK THOMPSON ZONE* Lol

So what if there's a church in a violent game?

>There was a church in GTA:LCS AND GTA:III

>There was a chuch in Maximo: vs the army of zin

>There were churches in Driver 2, DRIV3R and Driver Parallel lines.

SO WHO CARES?

Oh no! Violence! In churches! ~***WARNING!***~ *THIS IS NOW A JACK THOMPSON ZONE* Lol

SO WHO CARES?

Probably because the ones in the other games weren't actual churches in real life and also because there weren't any violence in or around the churches in those games...at least with the storylines.

SO WHO CARES?

Don't forget about the shootout at the funeral in Mafia.

Once again, organized religion is trying to dictate morality. Maybe when I stop hearing about priests molesting kids, I'll take

the church's complaints a little more seriously. Until then, if they don't like it, STOP LOOKING!