Free 3d Game maker

GTA King

I want a free 3d game maker to make my own version of a gta ^_^ Can anyone recommend one?

Plus is there anyway I can load in a original gta (I have the PS2 Discs) so I can just edit?

Thanks,

Ash

You're pretty much gonna be looking for a long time. There are a few out there that are pretty cheap, but they won't get anything near to GTA.

And editing files would be easier. Though illegal, and only possible witht the PC version.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's no where as simple as you seem to think it is. MULTIPLE programs are used. The 3D modeling programs are just that. They make 3D models. You still have to texture those models. Then you have to script them into the game. That is, of course, after you have scripted the game....

Start with basic game modifications. Get more and more advanced as you go, learn all there is to know about the source codes and such, then attempt your own.

And BTW, simply modifying every aspect of the game is simple a TCM((?)), total conversion mod. It is still on the same exact engine....

How is editing files (modding GTA) illegal? If that were the case, Rockstar could and would sue every GTA modding website (including this one) into oblivion.

You're right about that, Chris, if modding is illegal, how come Valve Software, the makers of Half-Life, the guys who made Call Of Duty and EA Games allow (and even encourage) modding? And as for GTA King, it would be wise if you start small, rather than just unwittingly dive on a big project, which may take months or a year to complete. There are colleges and schools that offer game development courses, right?

Not to mention that R* uses an "open" file system instead of all compiled files. This alone would indicate they encourage

you to mod. One of the reasons I like them & support their games.

On topic, Microsoft has a package I've seen mentioned in Official X-Box Magazine to do just what you want - make new games.

I remember seeing a racing game that had nice graphics.

I don't remember where you can get this, I'll try to find the original article,