Help me knowing more

Dirty Harry

Well is there any one who is patient knowlodgable about computers that would give me some lessons about PC and stuff. Someone over the age of 13 please.

I want to learn about programs and stuff, so I can be less of a newbie.

So if you are interested ad me on msn: [email protected]

I can even pay forum cash if you like. Please someone?

Edited by Machete

Ah, anything you need to know, just ask me on MSN..

The main things you find in a PC are:

Hard Drives - Hard drives are for storing your operating system, programs and files

Processor(CPU) - I'm not to sure but it has something to do with running programs

Graphics Card - A graphics card will output an image to a monitor

Sound Card - A sound card will output audio to your speakers

Disc Drive/USB/Other - These will run things you insert into your computer, a disc drive will read CDs at least, better ones will read DVDs and write on to discs.

That's really the basics, but it all goes very complicated and in-depth on some of the other hardware.

Edited by Connor

You can either learn a bunch of facts about computers, or understand things about them. IMO, the best way to be 'computer savy' is to have a lot of experience with them - be it by taking hands on classes or just dealing with them all the time.

Most of what I know about computers comes from hands on experience. I know about various operating systems (9x, 2000, XP, Server 2k and 2k3 (not so much)) because i have played with them. Hardware is the same, I have played with a lot of hardware. Up until last year, I didn't have much experience with laptop hardware - now that I own two of them, I'm becoming pretty good at working on laptops.

So, in conclusion, I think the best way for you to learn computers is to get a cheap one or a second computer, put some different OSs on there and play with it. Break it and learn how to fix it.

You can also join computer-related message boards. That might be able to give you some experience into what other people are experiencing with computers.

• 2 weeks later...