any way to create a hidden account on xp?

DemonDelight

hey just wondering, my friend has a pc, and the accounts are password protected because his mom wants to see what hes doing all the time. i found a way, but im just using safe mode with networking, so i cant change any personal settings.

so im wondering if i can create a "hidden" account, by wich i can access by doing the ctrl alt delete sequence twice in a row to get into.

Just create a folder in an obscure place and put everything 'your friend's' mom doesn't want 'him' to see in there, then make the folder hidden.

And clear your history/cache/etc...every time you close your internet browser.

Haha, that made me laugh. But yeah, put it in something like your video card drivers folder or something.

no, its not that, i already no stuff like that, i just want to now how to make some sort of hidden account so we can get on the pc when his parents arent home

EDIT: lol hahaha... it is at his place. i busted my pc a while back, so i cant use it anymore. ( it was a crappy win 98 with a 8G HD, 256 megs of ram, lol.

i use his desktop, while he uses his laptop. using the ctrl alt delete x2 sequence at the login screen, and typing in "administrator" with no pass works on his laptop, but not on the desktop for some reason...

Edited by gtaraider

no, its not that, i already no stuff like that, i just want to now how to make some sort of hidden account so we can get on the pc when his parents arent home

EDIT: lol hahaha... it is at his place. i busted my pc a while back, so i cant use it anymore. ( it was a crappy win 98 with a 8G HD, 256 megs of ram, lol.

i use his desktop, while he uses his laptop. using the ctrl alt delete x2 sequence at the login screen, and typing in "administrator" with no pass works on his laptop, but not on the desktop for some reason...

If they have a password on the main account...then I don't think there is a way to get around it...unless you're a good guesser. If they don't have a password then you should be able to create a password protected account, which might be able to be hidden if you're able to get into the properties or something.

I don't know anything about being able to click ctrl alt delete twice to get to a secret account though, seems like it would be it's own program or something.

Use a folder locking application. Most of them are trials though, and I would possibly be banned if I discuss on how to keep using them afterwards, so I'll just discuss what these programs are capable of doing.

These programs can encrypt, hide, and scramble any file or drive so nobody can see, access or delete and modify them so they would be great if you want to hide files from your mom because it's also password protected!

If they have a password on the main account...then I don't think there is a way to get around it...unless you're a good guesser. If they don't have a password then you should be able to create a password protected account, which might be able to be hidden if you're able to get into the properties or something.

Not true, getting around a user account password is easy in Windows XP.

Assuming you're on Windows XP, though I'd assume this works in Vista too.

The CtrlAltDel/Administrator login is probably your easiest bet.

If you have XP Pro you can go Start/Run and type lusrmgr.msc - this brings up the dialog where you can add/remove/enable/disable/rename accounts, and you can change the password of the administrator account if you have access.

But there is a (slightly harder) way to hide accounts from the welcome screen. You make it into a "special account"

Go to regedit, and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Right click, New, DWORD. Make the name of it the SAME as the name of the existing account you want to hide. For example if you have an account called "secret" call the key "secret". Make sure the hex value is 0 (which is the default if you choose dword).

Test it by locking your PC, and the account will no longer show up in the logon screen.

Not true, getting around a user account password is easy in Windows XP.

Assuming you're on Windows XP, though I'd assume this works in Vista too.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that, but like you said, it's a way around the user account. I personally wouldn't consider it a hack like that guy in the video said. It's more of a flaw, but then again, some people probably consider hacks a flaw. All depends on the way you look at it.

You should change the video code to this

[youtube]O7B_5J5wAmI[/youtube]

...or else it doesn't show.

hey gerard, i cant find the winlogon folder.

EDIT: ok i found it, i went to "windows" instead of windows nt by accident. i tried to create dword, but it said there was an error writing to registry

EDIT EDIT: Sweet thanks. i got it. i tried to do that on the guest account, which i accidentaly turned on. then when it didnt work, i went back to the admin safe mode and went back into regedit, created the dword as Guest, and now its hidden.

thanks for the help :)

and cris, i tried what they showed in the vid for the admin acc, and for some reason still it says i cant log in due to "account restrictions"

Edited by gtaraider