My Windows Media Player does not play

PJ-34

I can't play music or videos on my WMP, I can't view videos on certain websites that use Windows Media Player either. Can anyone help me so it works, I tried installing a brand new WMP but it still does the same thing. On MLB.com they use WMP and that sucks because I can't watch any videos. Please someone help if they know a way to make it work.

Defrag wtf...that has nothing to do with it

Umm I assume MLB (major league baseball?) site would use streaming. So check that all connections are ok (if any proxy servers),

It is likely a plug-in is missing (in the case of browser) or just a corrupt codec (or many corrupt codecs)

Just answer these

1. What browser are u using?

2. Any error messages given?

3. Is it only for a specific file type (eg divX video)

4. Make sure you have the newest Adobe Flash (this could be a contributing factor)

So now try opening it with a different player eg Realplayer or Quicktime. Does it work?

1. What browser are u using?

2. Any error messages given?

3. Is it only for a specific file type (eg divX video)

4. Make sure you have the newest Adobe Flash (this could be a contributing factor)

So now try opening it with a different player eg Realplayer or Quicktime. Does it work?

OK. Lets take this slowly

1. What browser are u using? Eg Internet Explorer or Firefox

2. Any error messages given? Eg "missing codec" or anything at all when you try and look at the video?

3. Is it only for a specific file type? (eg divX video) does WMP not work for anything or just videos?

4. Make sure you have the newest Adobe Flash Get the latest version of adobe flash player. just google flash player and download it.

I use internet explorer. Whenever I try to play a file it says "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem while playing the file. When I try playing a video or radio on the internet which uses WMP it just doesn't play at all. It buffers and then just doesn't play. Anything to do with WMP doesn't work. And I am going to download flash player right now.

Still doesn't work.

• 1 month later...