Another cop chase question

PJ-34

Iwas wondering, do the cops go after you for speeding or going through red lights or driving on the wrong side of the road...like in real life and Driver?

I actually hope not even though i must admit it was not that bad but depending on the time. Like when i really was not in the mood and pissed off by failing a mission or something and cops went on me for driving over 60 on a crappy SUV that pissed me off. I think IV should rather not have this feature.

Traffic laws were more of an annoyance in Mafia, but at least if you pulled over you just got a ticket (minor offenses).

Driver PL just turned into a chase. In either game that wasn't as bad as you'd think, you could lure the cops out of their

cars & run them down for their weapons. Then you had a chance to get away.

Something to consider in light of there not being weapons laying about like other GTAs.

It should be optional, because sometimes I want realism but sometimes I want just speed through the city.

Exactly what i mean. Like when your pissed your like "FUCK IT" but when you are bored cruzin around the city and want fun then it should be possible. Remember DRIV3R? you could turn cops "ON" and "OFF" but the problem was maybe you just wanted no speed limit thingie but you still wanted cops but you could not do that...