Rainbow's first sig with brushes

azn

tgtapsigrshd2.jpg

I actually learnt the brushes stuff last night off TM. Went and downloaded some pretty cool ones and spent some time today experimenting and this is what I came up with. Comments please? Please don't hate I'm a first timer and would like to use this as a learning experience ;)

Azn, where did you get those brushes from? They look a little "Crap". Don't get me wrong, but it looks a little pixelated. If I was you, get them from DeviantArt. They have a full archive of brushes and tutorials to learn from.

And btw, it looks nice since it's your first time at using brushes.

It looks quite good azn. I would suggest going for a wider sig because you can fit a lot more in, say 500 x 150 or something. I like the blue background of the sig (which I guess are full of brushes). If you want some Grand Theft Auto renders I can send them over MSN if you want them.

Lasso Tool only is crap. It's free hand, meaning it can be a pain getting the part you want cut accurate. I use the Magnetic Lasso Tool since it's alot more easier and is accurate, but it depends on what the picture is though. It was easy to use the tool on that image since there wasn't much on the background.

Sometimes, the best tool to use to do quick cuts is the Magic Wand, I used it in most of my work, but it doesn't look to good once the whole pictures been cut out.

I use the polygon lasso tool, it is much less of a hassle and isn't free hand. It is like the line tool and you can stop for a break when you are cutting something out. When I'm lazy and using an image with a black background I use the screen effect tool, that just hides the black.

TM Could you tell me which brushes you use? There's too many to choose on DeviantArt

I can't really choose any at DeviantArt since all of them are good. But the ones you're using seem fine, it was just a part of the signature that made me think these brushes you're using are dodgy. Here is one brush I would use, definitely seems like a nice brush set. Here is another awesome brush pack I've recently used and here is a grunge pack you could use in most of your works, I prefer using this brush when it comes to grunging.

Hope it helps you mate.

Awesome thanks TM. The Equilerex brushes are awesome.

I'll make a sig tonight if I have time..

EDIT: TM could you do me a favour? I need a cutout of this picture http://www.jxp.ca/media/fondsdecran/2/automodelista1280.jpg

My stupid mouse is 10 times slower and has next to no accuracy >.< I need a cutout of the three cars in the middle. Thanks ;)

Edited by Rainbow Six

I think it was you who asked for it to be transparent in the white spots? Here you go.

http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/rockstarrem/transzf0.gif[/img]

Don't use .gif for transparent sigs. Always looks crappy. Go with .PNG. Way better quality.

I like the render of the car as well, I say that was well done.

'Tisn't a render

:P I've never used lasso tool for rendering, Quick select ftw

Maybe because the lasso tool isn't a rendering tool? As in, you can't render anything with the lasso tool. In fact, the only rendering done on Photoshop is automated processes.