Reading & Leeds Music Festival 2008

Chris

Anyone else here at TGTAP going to the UK's biggest music festival of the year? I'm going again this year, second time for me, should be fucking awesome.

For the benefit of non-UK'ers: Reading (pronounced 'redding', not reading) and Leeds play host to one of the biggest music festivals of the year in the UK, lasting for 3 days from Friday to Sunday, bands play at Reading on one day and at Leeds another. The sort of music is mostly Rock/Indie/Punk/Alternative/Metal and there's also a few dance/trance stuff there too.

Poster of the line-up:

lineup_poster.jpg

I was going to circle all the bands I was going to see but couldn't be bothered so I'll just make a list instead.

Key:

Red = definitely going to see

Blue = possibly going to see (most of these are indie bands... not really my favourite type of music)

Friday Saturday Sunday
Main Stage Main Stage Main Stage
Rage Against the Machine

Biffy Clyro

Serj Tankian

Taking Back Sunday

Anti-Flag

Queens of the Stone Age

The Enemy

The Fratellis

The Subways

The Killers

Editors

We Are Scientists

The Raconteurs

The Automatic

Metallica

Feeder

Alexisonfire

Tenacious D

Avenged Sevenfold

Mindless Self Indulgence

Slipknot

NME/Radio 1 Stage NME/Radio 1 Stage NME/Radio 1 Stage
No-one... this is just like

all indie bands today lol

Bullet for My Valentine

Kids In Glass Houses

Manic Street Preachers

Hadouken!

Pendulum

The Music

Lockup Stage Lockup Stage Dance Arena
Pennywise

Anti-Flag

(only if don't see on main stage)

Tiger Army

The Loved Ones

Set Your Goals

Thrice

Gallows

Alkaline Trio

Cancer Bats

MxPx

no dance music for me
Festival Republic Stage Festival Republic Stage Festival Republic Stage
- All Time Low

The Audition

You Me At Six

-

So are you jealous or do you not like these types of music? :P

Also is anyone else going?

Forgot to say I'll be at Reading again. Fuck off am I going up north. Besides, Leeds is a shitty place from what I've heard :P

I just found out that Elliot Minor is this years "band that everyfuckingbody hates" from the official forums, seemingly the only one too. Well, I only like a couple of songs anyway that were kinda catchy. I agree the rest of the album is shit, but looks like I won't actually be going to see them now :P

They were only a maybe, and The Killers, Manic Street Preachers and Gallows all clash with them, so I would see one of them instead anyway regardless.

Rage Against the Machine

Queens of the Stone Age

The Killers

Metallica

Tenacious D

Avenged Sevenfold

Mindless Self Indulgence

Why the fuck don't they have events like that where I live? (in b4 USA, I live in a part that, while pretty populous, has fuckall for fun events [especially related to music] within an hour's drive)

¯\(°_o)/¯

There's so many music festivals across Europe it's unbelievable, whatever your taste in music there's bound to be a festival you'll like. Look at this list and look how many there are across Europe, especially the UK (we have a shitload more too).

EDIT: Wikipedia suggests you do actually have quite a lot. But are they famous? Fuck no, I've heard of one on there (Lollapalooza). Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of these are in states right on the East/West coasts aren't they, nothing for mainland folk. Lol. Too bad.

PROTIP: Move to any Western European country.

Hm, out of the three festivals in Ohio, only two are within an hour and of those two, one is a women's festival with no information about it and the other is for artists coming out of that university specifically. None, I'd have to go to New York or California for some real music festivals. New York is the real America.

This fest is damn near perfect!

I got reasons to go to ALL of the stages. I mean, Metallica, QOTSA, The Last Shadow Puppets, The Cribs, MGMT, RATM, Raconteurs, We Are scientists???? FUCK ME, I would LOVE LOVE LOOVE that. Most bands there are awesome.

EDIT: theres more bands, but I cant be arsed to type. I already sae some bands playing that though, still SECOND TIME would be aweso,e.

Edited by Dirty Harry

• 4 weeks later...