New PC....

Damjan

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1st
    • 2nd

Need help.Cash is not a problem,just need to know which one is better.

1st:

Processor:iPentium Q6600 Core 2 quad

Motherboard:P5QC,LGA775,Intel p 45

RAM: 2 GB DDR 2 800 mhz

Graphic card: EN 9600 GT/HTDI 1 GB DDR 3 256 bit

HDD:500 GB Seagate

2nd :

Processor: iPentium Q9400 Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHZ

Mother: Intel P45

RAM: 3 GB

Graphic: 2x EAH3870 TOP/G/HTDI/512MB/Crossfire

HDD: 2x 500 GB

So....?

Edited by XLR8

number 2 of course!

well 2 3870's will definitely be better than 1x 9600gt

Q9400 has more L2 cache (and 45nm process i think) compared to 6600 so it will be better...

3gb of ram is better than 2?

and 1tb of storage is better than 500gb...

sorta a dumb question LOL! no offence or anything...

:S

Edited by WRX22B1998

The first one. an extra 512mb or video ram makes a world of difference. They'll both produce roughly the same performance when running Vista while not running any games, and if you find that 2gb of Ram isn't enough, another gig of ram is cheap as chips and there will always be a spare couple of slots. Definitely the first option.

Edited by Earthbound

The first one. an extra 512mb or video ram makes a world of difference. They'll both produce roughly the same performance when running Vista while not running any games, and if you find that 2gb of Ram isn't enough, another gig of ram is cheap as chips and there will always be a spare couple of slots. Definitely the first option.

What? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, how would a Q9400 perform the same as a Q6600? Even when not gaming the second computer would perform better. Also just because the second one has 3GB doesn't mean he can't upgrade it. And the second one has two video cards, each being 512MB, which equates to 1GB. Also the second one has double the hard drive space.

Second option.

What? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, how would a Q9400 perform the same as a Q6600? Even when not gaming the second computer would perform better. Also just because the second one has 3GB doesn't mean he can't upgrade it. And the second one has two video cards, each being 512MB, which equates to 1GB. Also the second one has double the hard drive space.

Second option.

It makes perfect sense. The latter machine is cheaper to upgrade and is a cheaper buy to start with. It's a smarter buy. Also, they will perform very similarly. The differences aren't all that varied if you really look.

It makes perfect sense. The latter machine is cheaper to upgrade and is a cheaper buy to start with. It's a smarter buy. Also, they will perform very similarly. The differences aren't all that varied if you really look.

What? Now you agree he should buy the second one? Either way there are some differences, namely that:

1. Second one has a better processor

2. Second one has more RAM

3. Second one has two video cards

4. Second one has double the hard drive space

The second one is better in every conceivable way.

Let me correct myself, not the latter, the prior. However, I don't want to argue with you, but with gaming at the moment, you really don't need to spend 3k or upwards on something with duel video cards and duel hard drives. The difference is far from worth $1000(ish)

when they will infact be very good machines. an additional 500GB hard drive can be purchased for next to nothing on EBay, and as I stated earlier, another gig of RAM is also cheap as chips.

Secondly, can we have some prices so I can prove my point.

EDIT: Also, whether he's filled his profile out incorrectly or not I'm not sure, but he's 11 years old. Where's he pulling the funds from? I'm sure his parents aren't going to throw cash in his direction for a cooling system etc. This is logic!

Edited by Earthbound

well it would be dumb to buy all this stuff, then have a below average cooling system (i didnt say liquid cooling, just a extra fan or 2) because then his components might overheat/die etc...

it would be like having a car that can go from 0-100 in 3 seconds but has crap brakes...

Haha, point taken of course.

I spoke with XLR8 on MSN earlier and we cleared things up anyway. He seems to have the money to spend, so it's in his hands now.

Anyway, the second PC IS better, but just not as good a buy after looking to approximate prices, imo.