Will Obama be good?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Obama be a good president?

• No, never
    • Yes, In a few years
    • Yes, starting about now
    • Yes, He'll serve a second term

MAJOR EDIT:

1) He's for abortion (I personally don't believe in it.)

2) His first day in office he signed a bill that allowed our taxes to be used for overseas abortions (I respectfully don't believe in abortions)

3) He closed Guantanamo bay

4) He won't control government funding as needed.

5) Wants a 1.3 Trillion dollar stimulus bill that will put us father into debt.

6) Wants to pull out of the Iraq War (I'm actually mixed opinions about this)

7) Supports legal gay marriage (I respectfully don't believe in it)

8) He's kinda inexperienced

These are not all, but just but main 10 reasons.

Yes, I am a Conservative Republican Christian, but no I don't think that McCain would have been the best choice either.

ME: Morally: 95% Conservative

Economically: 15% Republican

Foreign Policy: 70% Republican

Also, there are certain things I like about Obama, such as:

1) His demeanor

2) His social skills

3) He seems very motivated.

This post is not meant to insult or offend anybody, just to state opinion and have a discussion with others about it.

Edited by raybob

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) He's for abortion (a.k.a. legalized murder)

2) His first day in office he signed a bill that allowed our taxes to be used for overseas abortions. (Quite a priority apparently :thumbsdown: )

3) Obama Biden sounds a lot like Osama Bin Laden

4) His first telecast was for Iranians. Wow.

5) He closed Guantanamo bay and wants to let the prisoners go free.

6) He's a democrat and very liberal

7) Wants a 1.3 Trillion dollar stimulus bill.

8) Wants to pull out of the Iraq War

9) Supports legal gay marriage

10) He's very unexperienced

Yes, I am a Very Conservative Republican Christian, but no I don't think that McCain would have been the best choice either.

What I do say though is that he is the much lesser of two evils.

This post is not meant to insult or offend anybody, just to state opinion and have a discussion with others about it.

Hm, I ALMOST think you're a troll.

Oh no, letting people have freedom. That sure goes against American values.

Good, their rights were being violated.

Oh no, someone who thinks differently than you! Do you also hate atheists, Jews, and everyone else who doesn't think like you?

You're an idiot, why are you even here, at a forum which discusses particularly violent games?

2) His first day in office he signed a bill that allowed our taxes to be used for overseas abortions. (Quite a priority apparently :thumbsdown: )

Yes, I am a Very Conservative Republican Christian, but no I don't think that McCain would have been the best choice either.

Oh no, someone who thinks differently than you! Do you also hate atheists, Jews, and everyone else who doesn't think like you?

You're an idiot, why are you even here, at a forum which discusses particularly violent games?

Ha, you're funny, but my response, if people want to be free to go out and murder, then fine, let them do it, it's their problem later.

And keeping the rights of terrorists who just go around blowing up things and killing people, that's a good idea.....

Also, the American Values haven't done so good have they? Our founding fathers made sure that every school in the nation was equipped with a bible. There was no such thing as abortion, gay, etc. back then. Everybody was Christian, look how well they turned out.

And no, I try not to be discriminatory to Jews, etc.

They can believe what they want, I can believe what I want.

Now, now, no flaming each other, young child. It could get you warned! :rolleyes:

Ha, you're funny, but my response, if people want to be free to go out and murder, then fine, let them do it, it's their problem later.

And keeping the rights of terrorists who just go around blowing up things and killing people, that's a good idea.....

Also, the American Values haven't done so good have they? Our founding fathers made sure that every school in the nation was equipped with a bible. There was no such thing as abortion, gay, etc. back then. Everybody was Christian, look how well they turned out.

According to your profile, you are only 13 years old. Such a shame that your parents brainwashed you into believing this.

Also it doesn't matter what a criminal does, they still have some rights and keeping them locked up for years without trial is not right.

The founding fathers did nothing of the sort...hence SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Obviously people were afraid to come out as gay because a certain religious group that has historically been extremely critical of freedom and learning wasn't limited in what they did.

According to your profile, you are only 13 years old. Such a shame that your parents brainwashed you into believing this.

Also it doesn't matter what a criminal does, they still have some rights and keeping them locked up for years without trial is not right.

The founding fathers did nothing of the sort...hence SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Obviously people were afraid to come out as gay because a certain religious group that has historically been extremely critical of freedom and learning wasn't limited in what they did.

My parents believe in two separate religions, my Dad Reformed Christian, and my Mom Old Christian. I have my own beliefs, and we sometimes get in fights because of our differences in beliefs. For example, my Mom is a Conservative Populist. Doesn't mean I agree with everything she says just because she's my Mom. Also, I thank them for bringing me up in a Christian home.

Nice picture by the way. :thumbsup:

Edited by raybob

Now, now, no flaming each other, young child. It could get you warned! :rolleyes:

First of all, he's a fucking mod. He could BAN your ass if he had a mind to. Second, are you a woman? Have you been a victim of rape? Do you want to give birth to your rapist's child? No? Then shut the fuck up and let people do what they want. And yes, there was homosexuality in the 1700s. The ancient ROMANS had homosexuality and they were fine with it, to my knowledge. And not everybody was Christian back then. Those documents that got us our independence and set up our government say that everyone has equal rights, but it wasn't until a few decades ago that that became a reality. Get your ignorant, right-wing, Bible-thumping ass out of my sight.

Sorry if I offended any Republicans or Christians with some goddamned sense.

That was one of the first amendments years after, was not in the original constitution.

First of all, he's a fucking mod. He could BAN your ass if he had a mind to. Second, are you a woman? Have you been a victim of rape? Do you want to give birth to your rapist's child? No? Then shut the fuck up and let people do what they want. And yes, there was homosexuality in the 1700s. The ancient ROMANS had homosexuality and they were fine with it, to my knowledge. And not everybody was Christian back then. Those documents that got us our independence and set up our government say that everyone has equal rights, but it wasn't until a few decades ago that that became a reality. Get your ignorant, right-wing, Bible-thumping ass out of my sight.

Sorry if I offended any Republicans or Christians with some goddamned sense.

I'm sorry I just can't help laughing and feeling sorry for you....

But anyway, that's fine, you can have your beliefs, and I can have mine.

(Laughs Very Hard as he remembers...) Get your ignorant, right-wing, Bible-thumping ass out of my sight. :lolbounce:

And I'm truly Sorry If you've been raped or whatever, but is it really worth the life of an innocent baby when there's adoption?

Edited by raybob

Also, I thank them for bringing me up in a Christian home.

That's just it; you only believe this nonsense because you were told to. Like little kids are told to believe in Santa Claus. I was brought up in a Christian home. But unlike a lot of people, I actually applied my bullshit detector to what I was being told.

Also you are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but imagine the billions of people in China, India, and the middle east who not only aren't educated on your religion (much like you're not educated on theirs), but think you're the crazy one who will be tortured for eternity.

That was one of the first amendments years after, was not in the original constitution.

Dohoho, it's actually part of a clause from the First Amendment

That's just it; you only believe this nonsense because you were told to. Like little kids are told to believe in Santa Claus. I was brought up in a Christian home. But unlike a lot of people, I actually applied my bullshit detector to what I was being told.

Also you are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but imagine the billions of people in China, India, and the middle east who not only aren't educated on your religion (much like you're not educated on theirs) and think you're the crazy one who will be tortured for eternity.

That's exactly why they're allowed to believe what they want to.

And as I said before, my beliefs are very different than there.

Let me rephrase that:

And I thank them for bringing me up in a free-belief Christian environment

1. Abortion is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

2. Refer to 1.

3. You are fucking retarded if you think that a similarity in names will equal a similarity in morals, thoughts, actions, personalities, etc.

6. I may not agree with democrats, but I definitely believe conservatists need to loosen the hell up and get out of the 1600's.

8. Yes, horrible idea. But what can you do about it?

9. Just like abortion, gay marriage is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Stay out of it.

10. You're apparently inexperienced in life.....

Um, he's a moderator? And before you warn me about getting warned.... So am I.

And let me end this by saying I voted McCain.

Also you are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but imagine the billions of people in China, India, and the middle east who not only aren't educated on your religion (much like you're not educated on theirs), but think you're the crazy one who will be tortured for eternity.

Dohoho, it's actually part of a clause from the First Amendment

Exactly, keyword: *amendment*

A.k.a., not in the original constitution.

And I never said non-Christians were going to rot in hell.

God (In my belief) is forgiving and hopefully they will repent when they are judged.

And I'm truly Sorry If you've been raped or whatever, but is it really worth the life of an innocent baby when there's adoption?

You ever spit out a baby? Do you know what it does to your body? Do you know the pain you go through? Any of this? No? Then shut the fuck up about abortion, you're ignorant.

No, I haven't, but i know it fucking sucks.

But if you're willing to MURDER an innocent baby to get out of that few hours, or days of pain, I believe that's not right.

And please, stop attacking my beliefs.

I haven't attacked yours, just stated my opinion.

Exactly, keyword: *amendment*

A.k.a., not in the original constitution.

And I never said non-Christians were going to rot in hell.

Yes, the Bill of Rights was promised as an addition to the constitution before it was ratified by all states, so while it technically wasn't part of the original constitution, it was always planned to be a part of it and the constitution would have likely ceased to exist without it.

if people want to be free to go out and murder, then fine, let them do it, it's their problem later.

If that's not an implication of Hell, I don't know what is.

I'm sorry I just can't help laughing and feeling sorry for you....

But anyway, that's fine, you can have your beliefs, and I can have mine.

(Laughs Very Hard as he remembers...) Get your ignorant, right-wing, Bible-thumping ass out of my sight. :lolbounce:

Okay, you smug bastard. I've had enough. You feel sorry for ME? Because I wanted Obama in office? Because I believe that gay couples should have the same exact rights as straight couples? Because I wasn't raised in a particularly religious home, I don't have any FUCKING idea how the REAL world functions? Because I don't let a centuries-old book dictate how I live my life and what I choose to believe in? You know what? Keep living your bubble. You are beyond reason, pal.

H O L Y S H I T

I'm not expecting much out of Obama myself, but damn, your reasons are ridiculous and pathetic.

So you don't think that women should have that right? Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against abortion, but I don't really care what other people do if it doesn't concern me and I don't think anyone else should either. It's not like Obama is telling people to have abortions, he's simply giving them the choice.

I did not hear of this, but did you ever think that he's doing this in places that might be suffering from the lack of nutrition and is preventing more people from suffering?

What the hell kind of reason is that?

Ok then, "George Bush and Dick Cheney"...OH MY GOSH! "BUSH AND DICK" SOUNDS LIKE A SEXUAL REFERENCE. WE CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE WITH THOSE NAMES RUNNING OUR COUNTRY!!!11!!11!1!1!!

"Wow" indeed. That must mean he's a terrorist...I see your point completely. >.<

It's not like he's letting them run loose. He's just handling all that shit in court to give them their rights.

OH FUCK!!! He wants to help the working class? That's crazy.

...Do you even know what for?

Why do you want war? We can't stop terrorism. It's like trying to stop rain from hitting the ground.

And...?

What, at being president? NO SHIT, he just started.

You ever spit out a baby? Do you know what it does to your body? Do you know the pain you go through? Any of this? No? Then shut the fuck up about abortion, you're ignorant.

No, I haven't, but i know it fucking sucks.

But if you're willing to MURDER an innocent baby to get out of that few hours, or days of pain, I believe that's not right.

And please, stop attacking my beliefs.

I haven't attacked yours, just stated my opinion.

Hours or days? MONTHS, buddy. NINE MONTHS, on average. On top of that, it does damage to your body. Damage that lasts for years. Murder an innocent baby? It isn't a baby. It's a fetus. Undeveloped. Learn science, kay?

1. It's not you or someone close to you giving birth, is it?

2. You want to say what people should do OUTSIDE of America?

3. How does that affect his presidency? Not much, he won a landslide victory FYI

4. What are you trying to say? He favors Iranians over Americans?

5. Good

8. He's doing the country a fucking favor. America had NO right to invade Iraq, they found NO secret weapons yet they continue to stay in Iraq? I say GTFO.

9. You're not the one getting aren't you?

10. And you're not?

Ok then, "George Bush and Dick Cheney"...OH MY GOSH! "BUSH AND DICK" SOUNDS LIKE A SEXUAL REFERENCE. WE CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE WITH THOSE

Ha, that's funny, I haven't heard that before..... :lolbounce:

(Seriously, not sarcasm)

And the likeness was not really a reason for me not liking him, just a funny coincidence that I felt was worth mentioning..... (Apparently a mistake... :rolleyes: )

Hours or days? MONTHS, buddy. NINE MONTHS, on average. On top of that, it does damage to your body. Damage that lasts for years. Murder an innocent baby? It isn't a baby. It's a fetus. Undeveloped. Learn science, kay?

It has a beating heart and a brain, so that's good enough for me to be considered living.....