Obama Merchandise

The thing is, you're blaming Obama for something that he has nothing to do with.

His face, image and name are not trademarked, so anyone can plaster his image on what they want and make buck.

Remember the JibJab movie back in 04? Do you think Bush or Kerry approved of that?

The Whitehouse and President Obama don't make a dollar off this crap.

For Christ's sake, remember that company that wanted to make dolls that looked like the Obama daughters and shared their names?

The Whitehouse said the found it in bad taste so the company didn't do it. But they didn't force the company too.

As much as some of you hate him he has very very high approval ratings, and won in a landslide. Plus there are stupid people everywhere who believe these things will make them a fortune, or just like stuff that looks like him.

Until you see an official "Whitehouse approved" piece of Obama merch, he has nothing to do with it.

58 million vs 64 million isn't really a landslide, especially when you consider they add up to 122 million, out of

a currant population of about 310 million.

True, however we both know that electoral votes wins the elections and the popular vote doesn't matter. (I.E. 50,456,002 to 50,999,897 in 2000).

And in regards to total population, it's sad. I wish more people would get off their asses and vote. I registered at 18 and the only election I've ever missed is a city council election in the town I used to live in. It's not hard, and doesn't take much time.

I would be amazed if Obama actually made money off this crap, I can pretty much figure out its some other douchebags making Obama dolls and basketballs. I just can't understand why they don't stop this.

Wow, read the topic. Esp. Draftermatt's post. ;)

Why they don't stop? Well, it's because, like everyone else... they are motivated by money. As long as they can make money, they won't stop. As long as people buy them, they won't stop.