Husky gets arrested for stealing an extra slice of pizza

Husky

As you all can see why I havent been online in a while... well it was because I got arrested at school for stealing one extra slice of domino's vinegary pizza. So retarded... I was held in juvenile jail for about 30 days for theft on school property. But strangley enough the charges were dropped..

FaceBook chat proof lol:

Abegail

nuthin just askin. so u in northern allreadii.?

7:59pm

Me

yeup

7:59pm

Abegail

LOLS HOW WAS IT.?

8:00pm

Me

gay gay gay GAY

8:00pm

Abegail

LMFAO

8:03pm

Me

yo dey tried to arrest me just for taking an extra slice of pizza

8:03pm

Abegail

LOLS. YEPS. MY SIS TOLD ME. THERE WAS A POLICE, HELICOPTER, AND AN AMBULANCE IN THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. LMFAO

8:05pmAbegail is offline.

Edited by Husky

I actually got to say that law starts to get fucked up.How the hell can they arrest someone for a cooked triangle covered with salami, olives, ketchup and other crap?

I understand if you receive an amend, but God, held in JAIL? For a slice of pizza?

Next time you should try to eat it to hide the evidence. :P

Tbh I don't even know. The guy said it was a caution and upon looking it up apparently you can't even give them to under 18's. When I denied it he told me I'd have to attend an interview under caution and I'd get a letter inviting me to it in about 2 weeks. It's been like a month and a half since then, so I'm kinda confused myself.

Nice examples of my faildom

You did manage to convince one dude though.

If you're talking about me, well not really :P

That FB chat didn't convince me at all, but couldn't really resist to say that. ;]

And seriously, as dumb the law can be, no one could get arrested for a pizza.

Edited by Samil

That FB chat didn't convince me at all, but couldn't really resist to say that. ;]

Sureeeee. :P

Bold: Why not? What if someone came up to a pizza shop, and held the place up demanding pizza. Stealing is stealing. As for Husky's case though, yeah, no. Arresting him would be out of proportion.

@MK47 - I didn't understand that fully but I'll just smile and nod.

LOL.

Okay, basically, some guy saw me take an already snapped off branch from a tree, he told some council worker I snapped it off, and then the council guy made me give him my name and address, and then said he was giving me a caution (which basically is a formal warning that goes on your record), "Do you accept or deny the criminal damage offence?" and I denied it. He said because I'd denied it I'd get a letter inviting my to an Interview Under Caution, which is basically when you sit in a small room and they record it and ask you what happened. They said I'd get the letter in two weeks but this was a month and a half ago.

Sureeeee. :P

Bold: Why not? What if someone came up to a pizza shop, and held the place up demanding pizza. Stealing is stealing. As for Husky's case though, yeah, no. Arresting him would be out of proportion.

Size: Hmm, yeah forgot to add 'at school' in the end of my phrase. ;]

Edited by Samil

LOL.

Okay, basically, some guy saw me take an already snapped off branch from a tree, he told some council worker I snapped it off, and then the council guy made me give him my name and address, and then said he was giving me a caution (which basically is a formal warning that goes on your record), "Do you accept or deny the criminal damage offence?" and I denied it. He said because I'd denied it I'd get a letter inviting my to an Interview Under Caution, which is basically when you sit in a small room and they record it and ask you what happened. They said I'd get the letter in two weeks but this was a month and a half ago.

I doubt laws and etc. are the exact same throughout the world, but I'm not sure if that council worker was in his right jurisdiction to demand your full name and address. I'm not completely sure, but, where I'm from, I don't think that's legal. You have the right to remain silent, and that is a right when stopped by the law. This is some council worker, you could of just walked away.

Rofl at CSO's. (Community support officers, basically just some guys in rozzer uniforms to constitute some sort of law enforcement to barely cover up for the shortcomings of the actual police in showing a feasible presence on Britain's streets) Yeah those guys can't really do shit. They can take your name and address and put you under temporary arrest, but have no real ability to put you under full arrest and take you down the nick, they have to call in the proper feds for that. If they ask you any questions, you can just choose to not say anything, or something along the lines of 'Go catch real criminals'. It's just a formality they go through to get them used to pushing paperwork and doing shit by the book. Chances are on the way back to the motor they see some people in hoods, call the Daily Mail and forget all about it.

OT:

Onmy phone, the window bar top thingy vuts off the title, so it just says 'Husky arrested for stealing...' so yeah, puts shit into perspective. Basic lesson of right and wrong.

Rofl at CSO's. (Community support officers, basically just some guys in rozzer uniforms to constitute some sort of law enforcement to barely cover up for the shortcomings of the actual police in showing a feasible presence on Britain's streets) Yeah those guys can't really do shit. They can take your name and address and put you under temporary arrest, but have no real ability to put you under full arrest and take you down the nick, they have to call in the proper feds for that. If they ask you any questions, you can just choose to not say anything, or something along the lines of 'Go catch real criminals'. It's just a formality they go through to get them used to pushing paperwork and doing shit by the book. Chances are on the way back to the motor they see some people in hoods, call the Daily Mail and forget all about it.

This is a common misconception about PCSOs. They aren't meant to be Police Officers, nor "half" police or anything like that. They do a completely different job, yet because they wear a reflective jacket people think they're trying to be Police.

PCSOs are there to "be there" for the community, and to gather intelligence. They don't have police powers because they are NOT law enforcement. Think of them more like school crossing guards or "ask me for help" people at an airport, except they're there for police-related business. More like assistants in a shop than the security guard.

We can't afford to have a copper on every street corner, and that would be a complete waste of money. The regular officers have to go around to response jobs, and then it means public areas just aren't patrolled anymore. PCSOs are a good halfway, but NOT a replacement or pretend police officer.

PCSOs actually have the same powers of arrest as any other citizen. However, only some areas allow them to use this and arrest people until a Police Officer arrives. Some areas allow them to carry handcuffs too, but they are there "just in case" rather than it being their job to apprehend criminals.

Personally, I think they should look less like police officers and be more identifiable as their own community role. Because people think of them as "pretend police" they have no respect for them and don't understand the job they do. Which is a good and useful job that we need someone to do.

(In related news, I'm a police officer)

I doubt laws and etc. are the exact same throughout the world, but I'm not sure if that council worker was in his right jurisdiction to demand your full name and address. I'm not completely sure, but, where I'm from, I don't think that's legal. You have the right to remain silent, and that is a right when stopped by the law. This is some council worker, you could of just walked away.

Anyone can ask you for your name and address, you don't have to give it to them. You always have the right to remain silent should you choose, you don't have to be told it to use it.

If the police want to report you for an offence (to go to court), they need to know your address so that they can send you the summons. If you refuse to tell them your address, or if it's fake, they can arrest you and make sure you are taken to court.

If this was a PCSO, they do have the power to 'require' you to provide your name and address for some offences. They can detain you for up to 30 minutes if you don't, until a Police Officer can come and arrest you.

If it was some other council officer or warden, some of them have limited powers. If you're unsure, ask them. If you feel you're being treated unfairly or detained illegally, ask the police to attend.

• Like 1

I'm not completely sure, but, where I'm from, I don't think that's legal. You have the right to remain silent, and that is a right when stopped by the law.

That's one of your Miranda Rights from the 5th Amendment to the Constitution. I don't think they have that law in the UK though.

@Husky

Don't steal . . . . ? :huh:

I'm not completely sure, but, where I'm from, I don't think that's legal. You have the right to remain silent, and that is a right when stopped by the law.

That's one of your Miranda Rights from the 5th Amendment to the Constitution. I don't think they have that law in the UK though.

@Husky

Don't steal . . . . ? :huh:

Hence why I said "where I'm from" and, " I doubt laws and etc. are the exact same throughout the world..."

Btw, quality post Gerard. I'm curious though(since I'm not knowledgeable in this area and don't know a PCSO is besides the info you listed), do PCSOs need a reasonable suspicion or something similar to that in order to demand something like a name or address?

We don't have the US Constitution here, lol. Nor specifically the Miranda rights. However, we do have a similar law which says the same thing. Our police give this caution:

You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.

Btw, quality post Gerard. I'm curious though(since I'm not knowledgeable in this area and don't know a PCSO is besides the info you listed), do PCSOs need a reasonable suspicion or something similar to that in order to demand something like a name or address?

This is a quote from a site which explains it:

Where a PCSO has
reason to believe
that a person
has committed
a relevant offence he or she may require that person to supply their name or address. A relevant offence is defined as either a fixed penalty offence or an offence which has caused injury or alarm to another person or the loss of or damage to property.

If the individual concerned
refuses
to give a name or address or the CSO
suspects
that the details that have been given are false then the CSO may '
require
the person to
wait with them for up to 30 minutes
pending the arrival of a constable'. Alternatively the CSO may accompany the person to a police station with that person's agreement. Any person who fails to wait with the CSO as required or who tries to make off is guilty of an offence. CSOs
may use reasonable force
in order to detain a person, but they are not necessarily supplied with handcuffs, batons or CS spray.

That whole PCSO deal sounds pretty good, there's never anyone even resembling a cop around where I live.

They are useful. It means we can have a visible presence in the street, without having to pay hundreds of thousands for a Police Officer. If you factor in the higher salary, extensive training and equipment, the cost of a Police Officer is much higher than a PCSO. When a Police Officer would only be patrolling a quiet neighbourhood or city centre, there's no point paying for a Police Officer, a PCSO is the best solution here - useful, ideal for their role, and cheaper than wasting a Police Officer on uneventful patrols.

The problem is when people don't realise that PCSOs are not Police Officers or even trying to be. They get ridiculed for not having full police powers. They serve a different purpose and don't NEED police powers.