Rockstar DLC should be Vampires DLC!

DraculaDevil

Hey ya!

Undead is done to death, so to speak, but I think in regard to Alien invasion a major part of Saints Row now, originally planned as DLC in fact, Rockstar threw a few bones the extraterrestrial way, but didn't ruin their franchise as some might say was done with George Lucas' space preoccupation invading the Indiana Jones movie, after so long a wait. I don't know if they should take GTA far beyond reality, in honoring some of the myths being said, they've done enough to wave a tip of the hat in the public's direction, but not spoiled most of the reality based series with the unbelievable aspects of most games in the market

As opposed to gimmicy DLCs like undead/zombies/vampires I would much prefer R* to release a DLC like they did for GTA IV with a whole new story line perhaps set somewhere like San Fierro? Las Venturas?

I doubt that will happen. It would take far too long and too much work to build the cities just for mere DLC.

Edited by Spartan198

A storyline following one of the poorest street urchin types, in GTA V they represent a colorful bunch of characters, and my idea would be to involve a storyline we've not done yet with each appendage or lineage of the game. Basically a major new GTA encompasses a whole region in which to do the same

As opposed to gimmicy DLCs like undead/zombies/vampires I would much prefer R* to release a DLC like they did for GTA IV with a whole new story line perhaps set somewhere like San Fierro? Las Venturas?

I doubt that will happen. It would take far too long and too much work to build the cities just for mere DLC.

They are going to charge us for it presumably? If I am paying for a product I want it to be worth while

They are going to charge us for it presumably? If I am paying for a product I want it to be worth while

They're gonna charge us for any DLC regardless of whether you consider it worthwhile or not, but this is irrelevant to the fact. You aren't taking into account the amount of time it takes to actually build these in-game worlds, which is a lot. That would be too much work over too long a period of time to create a mere DLC story. LS and Blaine County weren't churned out in a single weekend, it took years to build them.

Edited by Spartan198

They will charge, and as I brought up on this subject long ago, Sam Houser said anything DLC related they would make worth whatever price they decide to go with, but I'd bet you a month's pay it will still come to $20 USD. I forget their XBLive portion pricing, and MS did away with points used to buy items as you know. The only time they may have faulted pricing wise is with the first added DLC for Red Dead Redemption, it wasn't much for the money.

They're gonna charge us for any DLC regardless of whether you consider it worthwhile or not, but this is irrelevant to the fact. You aren't taking into account the amount of time it takes to actually build these in-game worlds, which is a lot. That would be too much work over too long a period of time to create a mere DLC story. LS and Blaine County weren't churned out in a single weekend, it took years to build them.

I wasn't arguing that point at all believe me I am acutely aware of how long it will take, I was just voicing my opinion of what I would like to see as a DLC, please put away your pitch fork

Who says the DLC isn't already made? DLC is known to be one of the current greedy trends video game companies use to sell you an incomplete game and then make you pay more for the rest of it.

I wasn't arguing that point at all believe me I am acutely aware of how long it will take, I was just voicing my opinion of what I would like to see as a DLC, please put away your pitch fork

I prefer torches myself, but okay... for now. :P

Who says the DLC isn't already made? DLC is known to be one of the current greedy trends video game companies use to sell you an incomplete game and then make you pay more for the rest of it.

Who says it is already made? I'd love to have San Fierro and/or Las Venturas put in the game as much as the next guy, but the likelihood of it happening is slim to none.

I find it funny how no one complained about games being "incomplete" until developers were actually given the ability to distribute additional content post-release to much wider audiences.

Who says it is already made? I'd love to have San Fierro and/or Las Venturas put in the game as much as the next guy, but the likelihood of it happening is slim to none.

I find it funny how no one complained about games being "incomplete" until developers were actually given the ability to distribute additional content post-release to much wider audiences.

You're reading into things too defensively to understand the post. Comment was 100% more an irrelevant stab to video game companies than a comment about San Fierro/Las Venturas being added. Where'd you pull the untrue point about incomplete games being complained about from haha. 2003's Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is a funnier example of an incomplete game being complained about. 

Edited by Nate10

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, not DLC, but if you go to the garage as Franklin, without the special edition GTA V, Franklin can still get a nice car option to take out. I haven't tried that with all characters in GTA V because I picked up my PS3 version only a week ago, so I'm jogging back and forth between both console versions, I did notice a bit of GTA V graphic anomalies with PS3 version again, but from more then one play with RDR and GTA with my refurbed PS3, there is a slight detriment for PS3 over Xbox360, and I'm just saying this as a non biased review between consoles. I'm looking at a 19 inch HiDef display, and it's VIZIO brand.

The difference is not related to color really, but lines, or combing type issues, minor more so with GTA then RDR, but if you ran on lower res monitors, might both look good, The issues I had with non-HD is a great deal of fine print onscreen that for me is even harder to see because of my eyes going on me in the last 5 years, typical as you get to middle age.

Early on, while I was still commenting on GTAForums and a member there, the idea was bandied about over could DLC unveil a new section of map, but in all honesty, the map is already dang large with inactive areas a plenty, the need I felt could extend to Red Dead Redemption with even more gang locations for shootouts then there are even with PS3 adding one, there are sections like the South East end where there's no travel outside of missions and free roaming activity. Torquemada (spelling not withstanding) more could be added in the Free Roam Multiplayer, but as mentioned, GTA lends itself even better for more single player then RDR might. I hope to hear more new news about the RDR franchise, whether PC or a sequel in the works!

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...

They're gonna charge us for any DLC regardless of whether you consider it worthwhile or not, but this is irrelevant to the fact.

No, not fact. What was GTAO but DLC? And it was free, gifted to everyone who purchased the game.

GTA Online is not DLC. They don't even consider it part of GTA V to begin with.

Rockstar's holding a special weekend for GTAO, I'm on now between live sessions. You can get various drop boxes that appear somewhere within the map every 10 game hours. I figured you have to have a shoot out with all players before claiming it, but that's not so, just shoot the box to open it. Took me about 3 attempts to realize this simple thing! ARGH! I could of got all three had I known the objective.

more to your point, GTAOnline is a new server initiative, more indepth then previous online Rockstar game amendments, but it also lacks and has distinct differences. The point at which GTA V bleeds over into GTAO is not only the map, but the characters, specifically, a melding of SP type NPC meet ups, and phone calls, and I feel the stark thing faulting it is no voice for player characters. I'd hope they can allow you to record some choice lines, rather then use a headset to just chat in-game live.

DLC would be catering to SP more specifically. Adding more to the regional setting then specifically the original storyline.

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...

They're gonna charge us for any DLC regardless of whether you consider it worthwhile or not, but this is irrelevant to the fact.

No, not fact. What was GTAO but DLC? And it was free, gifted to everyone who purchased the game.

GTA Online is not DLC. They don't even consider it part of GTA V to begin with.

.... GTAO is extra content, downloaded from the internet, which runs off of the GTAV engine and extends as well as expands the gameplay. Just because it doesn't fit into your small-ranged idea of what "DLC" is doesn't make it anything different than "DLC". Or, how about this, the blimp that came free with the game. Directly related to SP, downloaded content, free. Free DLC. My point is, not all DLC costs money.