Interest Rate

I know it takes longer to make interest with 1%. I think 2% is too high, you end up making heaps of interest with 1% after a while anyway.

So, was the the interest rate 1% yesterday? Did it get changed?

Well it will be useful one day. And being able to get interest by banking your points is a good use for it (being able to buy more useful stuff).

It will probably turn out (moreso than before) that people with more points can do more things, for example have their own blog or gallery, or be able to create a gang.

You need to return to the forums regularly to collect interest or gain more points, so that is an incentive to come back, so long as it is worth it in the end.

2% is way too high considering it's DAILY. It's not at all an incentive to frequent the forums, quite the opposite.

Say if someone banks $10,000, that means they're getting $200+ a day, for doing nothing. The interest rate should actually be 0.02%, it always used to be this and was more reallistic and nobody complained.

2% is way too high considering it's DAILY. It's not at all an incentive to frequent the forums, quite the opposite.

Say if someone banks $10,000, that means they're getting $200+ a day, for doing nothing. The interest rate should actually be 0.02%, it always used to be this and was more reallistic and nobody complained.

I agree, people will become rich very quickly with this interest rate. I'd be happy with the interest rate being 1% or as Chris said, even lower.

Sabin, the purpose of the store is to create a forum currency. You can use it to buy name effects and items for role play if I'm not mistaken. Eventually members begin to trade the currency amongst each other for sigs, avatars and other things. It's a good feature of the board because it encourages people to post more.

Gerard, I don't think you really need to return to the forum that often to collect interest. If you buy auto-collect for $50 it does it for you.

I bought "teargas" (and the teargas image is missing,..)

What do I do with it?

Is there a faq that explains the bank and what it does.

Afaik you can use it in gang wars. That is of course if you're a gang member.

But gang scene is soooooooooo dead. I've joined the ARR months ago and thought it'll be fun. Still haven't made a single post in the gang's forum. As a matter of fact, there were only 3-4 posts in that forum since I've joined.

So, either make and save your money, or join the gang.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked how much money do I have and actually saw that posting points have changed from 25 to 5 and 50 to 10 for a new topic. But I'm not sure that prices in the store have dropped 5 times too (I've never actually been to the store, only once). And credit cards cost even more than previously. Are those prices going to get corrected or not and is there going to be a money recount?

At the moment, both the shop and the gang scene are defunct. The coding isn't finished, and we haven't started the initiatives to get everything underway. There will be new prices, new rates, new gangs, new rules, new things to buy and new things to do.

When the store and gang system are finished, we'll start fiddling about with the settings. We'll let you know when they're ready to use again.

Oh, just got an idea. Maybe there should be rewards for achiving records in the forum's arcade. That would be another way of earning money.
That's a good idea, better than doing those quizzes that were there for years. It's also better to do it now that records are held, rather than just the first people to get there getting the reward. If it gets active (a lot of people playing the games), then perhaps there should be a reward for holding onto a record for a large length of time.
Whoa, I have a lot of money, time to spend them all!

EDIT: Dam that shit is a bag full of gltiches! Before I had like an M4, ruger, MAC and granades in my inventory and theyre all gone now, then my 5000 changes to 1000, WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, things aren't working yet. That's why we don't advise that you use the store or gang system yet.

The Gang System is currently in Beta status, which means that its fully coded (to this new IPB) but isn't fully tested yet (will be problems that need fixing). You can use the gang system, but we're working on improving it before we hype it all up again.

You may not yet be aware that Crimson is now our Gang System Supervisor, which means he looks after the system and is the point of contact for any issues with that. His job kinda includes the store and things for now.

The Store is currently in Alpha status, which means that it is only an early version of the store. It practically works but has lots missing and lots of glitches and bugs. You basically can't use it well enough yet.

We'll let you know when these things get finished.