Do you think there could be a female main character?

Bear

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times does it have to be said! GTA4 is a new series of games, GTA3 was a series of games containing GTA3, VC and SA. GTA4 and the games following it will NOT contain characters from other games. They already said that several times already.

They also said that the 2nd PSP GTA game was gonna be all new...but it was in VC again. Rockstar likes to mislead people as I said before. They're not gonna throw away that whole storyline and never go back to any of it. The "III" Trilogy will be incorperated some how and we might even play one of the female characters from one of the "III" games. Rockstar is unpredictable.

Edited by Original GTA Master

If they put in improved hand-to-hand combat in GTA4, I'd much rather play with a female character. Don't ask, even I don't know why I would want that. But I do.

Females, normally, are more flexible and graceful than males. Admit it, males have a stereotype of having muscles and being big. That limits movement. I don't care how hard you can hit, agility+grace+flexibility+balance= Better, ANY DAY. What is absolutely HILARIOUS, is these important skills that help with fighting, CAN BE LEARNED THROUGH BALLET! Ha. Irony, FTW.

So yeah, if it had a really complex hand-to-hand combat system, a female character would definitely kick ass.

BTW, before anyone states that I used a stereotype when I complained about stereotyping, I was simply showing how the stereotypes actually STILL supported a female character.

Spaz, FTW.

Remember how they stepped in like two years after VC was released and they had that HUGE controversy about "Kill the hatians!" in-game dialog? Those crazy woman's rights would be on it even before release saying all kinds of BS things. Like.. "You're telling your kids their mom is a killer!!1" or something.

You KNOW it would happen.

I actually like the idea of a female character but I think there should be a choice at the start boy or girl and the cutscenes would suit your character accordingly.

Well Rockstar already said that they don't want children in there games, "I think there should be a choice at the start boy or girl" refers that you could choose children being that "boys" and "girls" are male and female children.

Anyways, I don't think that women would go after GTA just because their sex is involved in such a storyline, there has already been women in GTA....why not main characters?

Like with more things, it's all about the gameplay and the games history, not the main characters. Although with SA there was racism from people who didn't want him, which was only a small minority of idiots. Myself, I think anything would be fine. Rockstar has kept to Males as the Protagonist for all previous GTA's, whether they see fit to keep with the fashion so far and not make a major change (which this would be) is their choice. By yeah, myself, I think anything will work with the right game play and story line to back it up.

I think there should be a woman protagonist but a choice between man or woman, sorry I was tired boy and girl were the wrong terms. I also think it would be cool if the cutscenes were different and the story would be lsightly different depending on who you choose.

Well only different with what the different characters are involved with...not the actual storyline. I would hate having alternative endings and shit. I think that ruins the game.

Thats not what what I meant, I was thinking that what people might say in cutscenes would be different if they went up to a woman character and said whats up my homie it wouldn't make much sense thats all.

So it'd be sorta like "If I were a female instead of a male things would of happened differently."

That sentence in quotation marks makes no sense.

He was just saying they could with the engine used in SA. If you're guy is fat in the game he is fat in the cutscene, if you start Black Project while you're fat its a different cutscene I think they could do it.

To get the full effect from the game you'd have to play through with both genders. With SA, it was more of a reflection of your choices throughout the game, you could change them. With the gender-choice, you get ONE choice at the VERY BEGINNING and it's UNCHANGABLE. Big difference.