Anne Frank

tommy vercetti guy

Why is she so famous? Is it because she was in the holocaust? Well, I dont see the other 6 million jews that died get any appreciation. Is it her hiding spot? I thought driving out of the county and getting new identies would have been a better idea. Is it her diary? Well, all I see in the diary is she wanting to have an inscest relationship with her father. "One day I would want to move into an apartment with only my father. We could sleep in the same bed"

So someone tell me why she is so famous?

I remember learning about her about 3 years ago. She wrote this diary from the beginning of the holocaust until the day she died or something. She wrote exactly what happened during the holocaust and is one of the only things out there that documents it first hand. Thats why she is famouse...for a few other things too...just cant remember.

Wikipedia is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank

She chronicles her life hiding from Nazis, her writing is said to be from "a mature and insightful mind, it provides an intimate examination of daily life under Nazi occupation"

The reason why she is famous is because a) she survived for such a long time hiding, B) she was one of only a few yet uncaptured Jew's who actually wrote about what was going on, and is a primary source of unbiased information.

And more, I admit I don't really know a lot, and I haven't read the whole wiki article...

So you guys havnt been to the 8th grade yet...

I considered making a comment like that, but you gotta realise we're all from different countries, we're all different ages, some schools may not even teach about her. I'm 18 and I've never learned about Anne Frank in school, I didn't choose to carry on with history at GCSE level, and certainly not at AS or A2 level, and have therefore never been educated on her, I only know from general knowledge.

Wikipedia is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank

She chronicles her life hiding from Nazis, her writing is said to be from "a mature and insightful mind, it provides an intimate examination of daily life under Nazi occupation"

The reason why she is famous is because a) she survived for such a long time hiding, B) she was one of only a few yet uncaptured Jew's who actually wrote about what was going on, and is a primary source of unbiased information.

And more, I admit I don't really know a lot, and I haven't read the whole wiki article...

uhh thats what I meant...jk

I considered making a comment like that, but you gotta realise we're all from different countries, we're all different ages, some schools may not even teach about her. I'm 18 and I've never learned about Anne Frank in school, I didn't choose to carry on with history at GCSE level, and certainly not at AS or A2 level, and have therefore never been educated on her, I only know from general knowledge.

I wasnt too sure about that either but someone was bound to say it...why not me :D

I cant remember all that crap, slept through most of it but it was pretty amazing how she survived all of that. Too bad she died when she was like 14 or 15...cant really remember that much either lol.

Actually Tec 9.You're pretty wrong.Look below this.Chris didn't even try ot make yourself look like an ass but guess that's impossible not to do.

Yes, Anne Frank is big in most of the US.

This year (8th grade) we were required to read the play, see the play, and read other stories about the play.

She may have been a little weird in some of her writings, but she most likely would have been caught if she moved out of the country. WWII was an unpleasant time for a lot of Europe and, after Pearl Harbor, Japan and the US as well.

Also, she wrote these things in the 30s/40s, so "sleeping in a bed with her father" doesn't automatically mean something sexual.

Yeah, it's like a security thing. I'm sure most of you had to crawl into your parents' bed whenever you got frightened by the boogeyman or something.

lol I'd just roll over and go back to sleep but I'v heard of people doing that. Anne Frank and her family lived in the same room above this store or something I cant really remember much about that either but it was a really small living place so I dont think she'd run 2 feet to sleep with her parents if she were frightened from a dream.

I did History GCSE but we didnt do anything about Anne Frank. As far as Im aware the A level doesnt do much about her either.

Actually the people who stood up to Hitler generally got murdered afterwards. You cant sya they were dull minded the german people saw Hitler in the beginning as there saviour. Germany was in tumoil because of the economic depression and the effects of the Treaty of Versailles, they had gone from a Kaiser to a democracy within a year. Hitler promised to bring Germany back to the powerful stsate it once was. If you were a German citizen wouldnt you vote him in when he promised to put food on your plate (many German people were starving).

You just have to remeber that its not people being dull minded you have to think about the situitions of the time. These german people were so despereate that when Hitler promised to help Germany that they voted him in thinking he would help. This is when Hitler showed his true colours when he brought in the Enabling Act which gave him full dictorial power.

You have to remeber that the people who asked questions got killed, the people that stood up to him got killed.

The Holocoust is very sad and should have never happened but you have to understand why it happened.

The weird thing is that Hitler said he wanted a perfect society with blond haired blue eyed christian people...he himself only had the christian part down. So not even Hitler was perfect in his little so called perfect society.

So? He died with no children. So nothing wrong there.

What does him not having any children have anything to do with what I said?