Who bootlegs?

Hurricane Game

I have downloaded things illegally in the past - just a handful of songs, nothing big.

However, I now buy everything legally, for a number of reasons:

1) Its easier - no hassle or stress

2) You get stuff with it, like an actual disk or case or manual or map etc

3) You get a warranty and tech support and whatnot

4) It wont make the company go out of business - if nobody paid for GTA then why should they make them?

5) Its legal - I need to be entirely legal for a number of reasons

In reponse to "why should you pay when you can get it for free", its a moral issue really. The good guys who do pay are actually paying for the bad guys that don't pay - yet we're gonna keep on paying.

Thanks for not spamming/arguing here, but I remind you that it is against forum policy to encourage or facilitate the illegal downloading of any software, GTA games in particular. You can discuss whether you do it or not, but don't discuss how to do it.

Who bootlegs things such as music, films and games? because I'm seriously finding it hard to belive that you all pay for this stuff as you say you do, why pay for something when you can get it free it doesn't make sence.

Not all of us are self-absorbed careless blacks, though. Yes, I used the word blacks, got a problem with it? Don't bitch unless you know the meaning. Some of us DO enjoy buying things. And besides, personally, I like having the box arts and the cool cds and stuff. I'd rather buy the Saw movies than download them. They are awesome. You have to pay a little respect to the people putting a lot of time, money, and effort into making these things, anyways.

Look, we don't exactly say we don't pirate. Most people pirate once and while. What we are saying is, leave the discussion/requests/etc. OUT OF HERE. We don't want to be associated with illegal activity. ESPECIALLY related to GTA and gaming in general.

And you're confusing your terms. Bootleg isn't the same thing as illegally downloading, not in my terminology, atleast. Bootlegging is a more ghetto form of piracy, like recording in a movie theater, for instance.

*agrees with spaz*

"Bootlegging" is more mass-production of games and DVDs. Its usually traceable back to big gangs and stuff, even if you buy em from someones brother or whatever.

Downloading a song once in a while (that you would not have otherwise bought) could be overlooked. Downloading a game you already own (eg if the disk broke) is okay, but usually the people that say that don't own the game in the first place.

Downloading a GTA game or a decent film, however, shows a total lack of respect for any of the hundreds of people involved.

Do the right thing.

Pirating doesn't ALWAYS f*** up your computer. Infact, it's pretty much safe as long as you aren't an idiot. Unfortunately we have too many of those on this planet.

This topic isn't technically breaking any rules. It's like making a topic asking people if they smoke pot. Yes, smoking pot is illegal in America, but people are requesting it or sharing where to buy it, so it isn't worthy of locking. Just like here, we're discussing who does it, why we do it, why we don't, etc. As long as no one is asking for illegal stuff or providing it, it's fine.