GTA4s Minimum System Specs *(general)

Gycu

Shut the fuck up, chew gun, the Quadro series of nVidia cards is meant for 3D modeling. Don't believe me?

The NVIDIA Quadro is a series of AGP and PCI Express graphics cards created by the NVIDIA Corporation. The cards are designed to accelerate CAD (computer-aided design) and DCC (digital content creation) and are usually found in workstations. This is in contrast to the GeForce line which is specifically targeted at computer gaming. Competing products include the FireGL line of workstation graphics cards by the ATI Technologies, Inc.

Hell, that card is under WORKSTATION cards on Tigerdirect dumbass. If you want an expensive graphics card, there's the 8800GTX.

Also Gycu, many computers today have 2GB of RAM. Ask ANY gamer and all will at least have 1GB, and most will have 2GB. It's just necessary for games today.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1024 is very common these days. If you buy a pc now without that you're pretty hopeless, why even buy a new pc if you don't have that. And if by 2004 you didn't have the minimum of San Andreas you had a quite crap pc aswell..

The pc I'm running everything on now can't play all the newest games, I'll get a new one. But cause I'm really bad in choosing parts I'll have to have some help with that. And I'm stuck to to things like Dell cause I simply don't have a clue of how to build my own.

You`re right it`s useless to buy a PC without 1GBRAM .I`m happy with my Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+ that I bought in 20 January .Someone told me that Athlons run better the games,movies music than the Intel ,dunno if it`s true.My advice 4 you it`s to buy a powerfull Athlon if you want games :)

So what`s with the 5 stars near the topic title?It`s good or bad?What have I done?

1024 is very common these days. If you buy a pc now without that you're pretty hopeless, why even buy a new pc if you don't have that. And if by 2004 you didn't have the minimum of San Andreas you had a quite crap pc aswell..

The pc I'm running everything on now can't play all the newest games, I'll get a new one. But cause I'm really bad in choosing parts I'll have to have some help with that. And I'm stuck to to things like Dell cause I simply don't have a clue of how to build my own.

I'll help you, I'm good at that if I do say so myself.

You`re right it`s useless to buy a PC without 1GBRAM .I`m happy with my Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+ that I bought in 20 January .Someone told me that Athlons run better the games,movies music than the Intel ,dunno if it`s true.My advice 4 you it`s to buy a powerfull Athlon if you want games :)

So what`s with the 5 stars near the topic title?It`s good or bad?What have I done?

Gycu if you have an X2 3800 then I'm sure you'll have no problem with GTA4, don't worrry about it and just make sure you have 2GB of ram and a decent graphics card.

Also Athlons pwn the shit out of Pentium 4s and Pentium Ds, the only decent Intels are the Core 2s, everything else sucks.

Also I think topics get 5 stars by default.

Can someone answer me a question?

Well when I wanted to see if my PC runs a game (www.systemrequirementslab.com) it writes at the processor :

CPU

Minimum :Pentium III or Athlon Equivalent

You have 2 processors running -AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

But at

CPU Speed:

Minimum:1GHz

You have 2.01GHz Performance Rated at 5.70GHz---->what "rated at 5.70 GHz" means

sorry 4 off-topic--the game I was trying to see if it works on my pc was GTA SA(minimum)

I'm pretty sure it means your processor was performing as if it were a 5GHz single core processor instead of two 2 GHz processors.

Anyway Jace, building a computer is not hard at all.

This guide is excellent. It's what I used and having never built a computer before, I was done within four hours.

Dell sucks, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Dell=low technology at a high price.

And Gycu, you can find 2GB of RAM for under $150 at Newegg.

Min.

1. 2.8+ GHz

2. 1 Gb RAM

3. 256 Mb Ram 2 G. card

Max.

1. 3.5+ GHz

2. 2 Gb RAM

3. 512 Mb Ram 2 G. card

Nice but I really hope that at least for the first part of GTA IV the graphx card will be only 256 even 4 the recommanded specs :) Even though I doubt it.But I have hope.Infact if I`m still so selfish I want all the GTA IV games to have a 265 at the recommanded specs Damn it`s a chance of 10 % to happen this /

GTA has done the same?Of course NOT!It`s about gameplay not GRAPHICS!

Specs aren't all about graphics. Infact, only a bit of specs are. The RAM, is about speed. LOADING those graphics, the objects, music, video, whatever else this game has to load. The faster you can load these things, the faster your GAMEPLAY will be.

Dude, stop embarassing yourself.

Also, there are many games being released that facilitate the need for 2GB of RAM.

Both Battlefield 2 and 2142 stutter without 2 Gigs, regardless of the processor/graphics card you have. There are just so many textures to be loaded that you need the space.

I can play BF2 on my system with 1.5GB of RAM. Works just fine. I USE to play it on my mom's PC, which only has 1GB of RAM. That, also, worked just fine.

And also, a computer like Chris mentioned wouldn't be that expensive. Mine is pretty good, and can run San Andreas totally maxed out (as well as all other games I play) and I built it for only $550. Any serious gamer builds his/her own PC, only the slow ones actually buy premade from places like Dell. Dell sux.

And Jace, that $2200 card you posted is meant for 3D CAD modeling, not gaming.

I BOUGHT my current system PRE-BUILT for $550 from Acer and it came with the Athlon 3500+, 1GB of RAM, a 200GB HDD, and 256 graphics. I wouldn't call that expensive, really..... And upgrading things like that aren't hard, once you have something good to work with. You can sometimes upgrade your processor, but as long as you have enough RAM slots you can always upgrade that.

And yeah, any graphics card over 1,000 dollars, PROBABLY isn't meant for gaming purposes.....

I respect you opinion but 2GB of RAM 4 minimum it`s too much.Very few computer have now 2gigsRAM and I don`t think that over night PCs with 2Gigs will be double....even though the game 4 PC will come about 1 year from now (aproximately)If the game will require 2GB of RAM---->512VRAM--->3GHz man a PC like that will be expensive even in 2008 &the sales 4 PC version will be very "low" But maybe you`re right.We`ll have to wait & see.

Actually, the standard is definitely 1GB now. Both my and my mom's PREBUILT systems came with 1GB. Mine is an Acer, her's is an E-MACHINE.... So yeah, I'd definitely say that it's relatively standard now. And A LOT of people are running 2GB, with still a lot of people running HIGHER than that.

I've partly convinced my dad of building a pc. But he's first going to ask some IT guy about it and if he thinks building one is better then buying one from Dell.

1. Don't ask an IT guy unless he's just a regular technician. You ask a Dell IT, or a Gateway IT, or anything like that, and they'll swear up and down how much better it is to get their system. I assure you, unless you find a deal, build it yourself.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if it's better if I build it :P

also, you won't get any help and support service on a computer you have built yourself, and I'm sure I'll need it.

Ummmm.... There are A LOT of PC shops that have tech that will help you. Sure, sometimes they cost, but it's worth it in the end. I'd rather pay 50 dollars to have someone fix my PC than buy a Dell system that I could ONLY have worked on by THEM and I'd have to use their expensive parts to replace mine.

yeah building computers is hard but i think i would actully probally get dell to make me one

Building a PC is easy. I mean, you can't put a part where it doesn't fit.... And with some cords being color-coded, it's EVEN EASIER. The ONLY thing you need to worry about is precision and care, and making sure you aren't conducting static electricity. Trust me. I fried my old motherboard. And laughed about it.

Don't trust Dell. I assure you. Don't trust them...

This guide is excellent. It's what I used and having never built a computer before, I was done within four hours.

Um, the first time I built a PC I had no guide and WOULD'VE been done within an hour or so had I not forgotten to buy a new CPU fan......

Shut the f*** up, chew gun, the Quadro series of nVidia cards is meant for 3D modeling. Don't believe me?
The NVIDIA Quadro is a series of AGP and PCI Express graphics cards created by the NVIDIA Corporation. The cards are designed to accelerate CAD (computer-aided design) and DCC (digital content creation) and are usually found in workstations. This is in contrast to the GeForce line which is specifically targeted at computer gaming. Competing products include the FireGL line of workstation graphics cards by the ATI Technologies, Inc.

Hell, that card is under WORKSTATION cards on Tigerdirect dumbass. If you want an expensive graphics card, there's the 8800GTX.

Also Gycu, many computers today have 2GB of RAM. Ask ANY gamer and all will at least have 1GB, and most will have 2GB. It's just necessary for games today.

dude,shut your f up. You mean to tell me that if I stick that one in and run GTA the window will close down leaving me an error saying"f*** dude, this card is for CAD modeling,you can't play GTA on it!!!" I bet it will OUTperform that sleasy 8800GTX. So don't tell people to shut their f*** up and call 'em dumbasses cuz YOU can only afford cheap shit. In fact,if you read over again, you'll see that i was saying about TOP NOTCH. thats what everyone was talking about at the time.

see for your self that by 2008 the graphics cards will be TOP NOTCH for current time. The first Nvidia is pricey too.
Does anyone reckon you need Direct X 10 for games coming in the next 2 to 3 years?

Yeah,no one compared cards. Just looked at the high-end we currently can buy.

ACTUALLY, GENIUS, the architecture of gaming cards and CAD cards varies. Cards made specifically for CAD aren't very good for gaming. Try actually reading up on them before spitting out BS. Trust me, when the first 512 cards came out, not many gamers used them..... Because they weren't made for gaming....

Thanks for the guide Chris 82 :D I'll see if I can follow it, cause I'm not that good in this. And the IT guy I was talking about is from Shell, he works out the PC's there and isn't related to any computer company, so he will have a prety neutral opinion.

Also, I "discovered" that my current, 3 year old PC, costed EUR 1200 what's about 1550$. Can I get a computer for that same money that can play games 3 years from now? I don't really like upgrading.

ACTUALLY, GENIUS, the architecture of gaming cards and CAD cards varies. Cards made specifically for CAD aren't very good for gaming. Try actually reading up on them before spitting out BS. Trust me, when the first 512 cards came out, not many gamers used them..... Because they weren't made for gaming....

I JUST explained that i WASN'T comparing what's best for gaming.Damn it,point to where I said that card is best for gaming.

I JUST explained that i WASN'T comparing what's best for gaming.Damn it,point to where I said that card is best for gaming.

dude,shut your f up. You mean to tell me that if I stick that one in and run GTA the window will close down leaving me an error saying"f*** dude, this card is for CAD modeling,you can't play GTA on it!!!" I bet it will OUTperform that sleasy 8800GTX. So don't tell people to shut their f*** up and call 'em dumbasses cuz YOU can only afford cheap shit. In fact,if you read over again, you'll see that i was saying about TOP NOTCH. thats what everyone was talking about at the time.

You were saying?