The guys over at GTAIV.net have up new information that was released in the May issue of Game Informer.
Here's the juicy details:
* The protagonist's name is Niko Bellic. (Likely to be Crotian in origin)
* Multiplayer will be announced.
* Contacts will be called from your cell phone.
* There is only one city, so there are no planes.
* Freedom is emphasized. You continue to take orders from mission givers, but you are not forced to spend your time in a certain way. You can go see who you want to, practically when you want to.
* The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.
* Game Informer playtested the Xbox 360 version.
The article also has some gorgeous city pan shots and more closeups of Niko. Remember to pick up the May issue of GI for the entire article, and as always feel free to discuss this and all things GTA related in our forums.