Microphone

I think.....maybe....only cos I had this idea going round in my head for a while....that he means you speak into a microphone, then in-built speach recognition translates it to the game, which basically acts as your method of interaction with the locals, whereby some insanely massive database of every possible conversation (or a lot of "i don't understand you" replies) is programmed with a response, so in effect it would be like having conversations with the people around. For example....whilst playing an RPG, when you start a dialogue you have a very limited choice of things to say...imagine if you could choose what you said, simply by speaking into a microphone, and the in-game characters and peds reacted and responded just as normal humans?

It's a great idea for an RPG gaming concept, in my opinion, but it wouldn't work in the primarily storyline-based GTA.

Cool thing but ain`t gonna happen in GTA 4 ,maybe GTA XX (20) :) It requires high-fi state of the art technology for a game to recognize voices and accept tasks ,the soft will need to know too many languages and ain`t gonna work if you mispelled a letter.

Multiplayer-Yes

In game-NO

The voices are one of the things things that make GTA great. Why the hell would you want to talk through it? It wouldn't even change the game.

With exeption of gang stuff. Like leading you recruits, then you could say "attack" and those guys will attack some guy you're aiming at.

Nice for other games like Mario Party, but GTA.. No.