Jackass: The Game

Artur

Jackass: The Game  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts about it?

• Really excited about it
    • Curious too see how it turns out
    • Meh, don't really care about Jackass

Well a couple minutes ago I was browsing Wikipedia searching up some Jackass stuff and I found an article about an upcoming Jackass videogame! For those of you who don't know what Jackass is (which I kinda doubt), it started out as a show on MTV about a couple of guys who do really stupid stuff to hurt themselves. Stunts include: being blind-folded in the presence of a really angry bull, releasing swarming bees into a limo (with some of the Jackass crew in it) with locked doors so they can't get out (and then pour marbles outside the door so when they do get out they fall), being in a ball pit with 2 anacondas and much, much more. Just check this YouTube video out for highlights from the second movie:

And now that you know what it is, imagine a videogame with a bunch of mini-games and a story mode of replicas of these stunts and more. I am personally a HUGE fan of Jackass so I'm really excited for this game to come out and curious to see if they can make it as good as the show and movies. Re-visiting some of the good old stunts I've seen them do will be awesome and a bunch of new ones will be even better. The story mode should be pretty well planned and since all the Jackass crew members are doing their own voices the game will be sweet. I hope that it will be sandbox mode of a game like GTA so that you can do any pre-made stunts anywhere out in public OR use created stunts (which is another theory of mine for the game) on the innocent by standers. Some official screenshots that were seen at last years E3 include:

* Johnny Knoxville, Chris Pontius and Steve-O racing downhill while riding the backs of shopping carts.

* Steve-O wearing only a thong while falling onto what appears to be a basketball court.

* An unidentified Jackass member wearing a similar outfit to the one worn by Johnny Knoxville for the Rolling Stone photo shoot, while the player shoots paint balls and Chris Pontius looks on while wearing a thong.

* Chris Pontius running through an audio-video store wearing only a thong while a clerk looks on

* Wee Man rolling down a street on a hill in a garbage can

* Steve-O, Johnny Knoxvile, Ehren McGhehey and Chris Pontius sledding down a mountain on Fridges

* An unidentified Jackass member riding a bumper car on a rooftop

* Johnny Knoxville and a unidentified Jackass member riding golf carts through a suburb

* Bam Margera riding a unicycle on a mid-construction highrise

Here's the official website (not too many details as you can see) They said at E3 that is was supposed to come out during the fourth quarter of 2006 but that didn't happen so I don't know. The consoles that it's supposedly going to be released for are PS2 and PSP and highly rumoured PC (I'm hoping for Xbox as well even though I have a PSP I want a better version if you guys now what I mean). Sorry for the sorta long read but I think that's most of the info I could gather. This topic is just to talk about the game, your theories/thoughts about it and just anything you want! Now let the shopping cart discussing begin! :P

***UPDATES******UPDATES******UPDATES******UPDATES******UPDATES******UPDATES***

Well it turns out sometime in June a trailer was released and much more info was released. Here is a YouTube video:

I've noticed the graphics look pretty impressive and to me they look like they're almost real :o All the mini-games look pretty fun too.

Here is another YouTube video of gameplay footage from the Party Boy stunt:

See OGTAM! Told ya it was gonna be like DDR. :bleh:

GameSpot also wrote an article of where they got a hands-on preview of the game and here it is.

Info gathered from the article:

*Available for 3 different consoles: PS2, PSP and DS

*Release dates: September 24, 2007 for PS2 and PSP and October 24, 2007

*Story Mode will consist of 7 Episodes that you will help "direct" each having 5 stunts each

*Creating a total of 35 stunts in the game

*Cooperative Mode will be featured

*Saving replays of your stunts is a feature

*Being able to "upload" (to where probably your PC) and share them with your friends is only available for PSP version

Edited by Artur

Ahem it's Artur. Lmao whatever :P Thanks OGTAM I was gonna look for those but I guess got busy with something. Tose screenshots make the game look so much more fun(ny). Can't wait to find out when it's released! :D

Edit: Last one looks like the Party Boy "stunt". My idea is that you'd use similar controls of DDR for that stunt. The other ones look pretty self explanatory though. Thanks again for the screenshots! I'll probably add them on to the main post later.

Edited by Artur

Ahem it's Artur. Lmao whatever :P Thanks OGTAM I was gonna look for those but I guess got busy with something. Tose screenshots make the game look so much more fun(ny). Can't wait to find out when it's released! :D

Edit: Last one looks like the Party Boy "stunt". My idea is that you'd use similar controls of DDR for that stunt. The other ones look pretty self explanatory though. Thanks again for the screenshots! I'll probably add them on to the main post later.

Ahem it's Original GTA Master, but you know...whatever. :bleh:

Well I think it's only coming out for the PSP...so the DDR thing wouldn't work.

Cool...but the Jackass series on TV I think will be better...those guys are crazy...I watched Jackass Number Two about 2 months ago and it had much more nudity that Jackass 1...I wonder if the game will have Mature 17+ rating in US and PEGI +18 in EU ...

Nice screenshots Dan, I might go out and get this when it comes out. And Jared, I really don't think it will be banned.

Dude, I didn't put Dan as my forum name, so don't call me that. I hate when ever people think that just because they know a name of someone’s that they go by with friends that they could call them that. You're my friend, but you met me as "Original GTA Master", not "Dan", so call me "Original GTA Master". I've known the Co-owner of GTA Real Estate for over a year now and even though we know each other's real names, we still call each other by the names we met each other as. I know you and probably everyone else don’t see the problem, but it bugs me and if you or anyone else decides to call me Dan, than you’re just doing that to piss me off and I can’t promise what I’ll say when I see you’re just trying to start something with me.

I personally don't care about graphics much because these are just screenshots from the PSP version of the game and I don't expect much from hand held video games.

Oh those screens were from the PSP version? If it's only on PSP I won't mind that much because it will be something fun to play on the go but I would want a "better" version for the console version but whatever. The DDR thing could still work like the dancing mini-game in SA where you had to press the different buttons or you could even use the directional pad. So yeah. :P

Why would it get banned? Because the name is "Jackass". In other words "Donkey"...sounds like a gay reason for banning it to me.

Firstly because, just like the movies, it's a pathetic excuse for fame. Secondly, it's net exactly the type of thing that the ratings people will be to happy with. If they don't like GTA, why would they like something about inflicting injuries onto yourself? Just asking for trouble if you ask me.

Why would it get banned? Because the name is "Jackass". In other words "Donkey"...sounds like a gay reason for banning it to me.

Firstly because, just like the movies, it's a pathetic excuse for fame. Secondly, it's net exactly the type of thing that the ratings people will be to happy with. If they don't like GTA, why would they like something about inflicting injuries onto yourself? Just asking for trouble if you ask me.

Not sure if you messed up that sentence or not...because I was a little confused when I read it. But just because something is a pathetic excuse for fame...doesn't mean it'll be banned. I consider rap a pathetic excuse for fame...but you don't see that getting banned...just bleeped out and shit.

Not sure if you messed up that sentence or not...because I was a little confused when I read it. But just because something is a pathetic excuse for fame...doesn't mean it'll be banned. I consider rap a pathetic excuse for fame...but you don't see that getting banned...just bleeped out and shit.

Typo, sorry about that.

About rap, well what do you call 50 cents video game? It was banned in Australia, New Zealand and somewhere else (forget where).

Typo, sorry about that.

About rap, well what do you call 50 cents video game? It was banned in Australia, New Zealand and somewhere else (forget where).

Was that game solely based on rap?

• 2 months later...

HUGE UPDATES made on the first post. Check them out! :D

After seeing the trailer and some gameplay footage it looks to be turning out to be a pretty good game. But looks can be deceiving, can't wait to play it when it comes out! I love the idea of saving your replays and sharing them with your friends and also being able to upload them (to where? possibly your computer). Co-op mode sounds pretty interesting as well, the story mode should be long enough with 35 different stunts and after I'm sure you'll be able to replay them.

BTW there's more gameplay footage around YouTube and I'll add them to the main post later on.

Edited by Artur

• 4 weeks later...