Computer Help

K9 Krew

Ok, on my toolbar next to my clock i am getting a flashing red alert sign and then after a while a bubble will pop up saying that i have a virus and that i need to get proper anti virus but i have Ad-Aware,AVG,Spybot,BitDefender 8. Then after a while i will get a IE page come up and go to AntiVirus ad pages and if you leave the computer for a while tonnes of these pages open up it is killing my computer and my dad's gonna lose it if i f*** up another computer

So any ideas??

if you could help it would be great, Thanks

EDIT:Chris82 has gave me some advice and it kinda looks Ok now

Edited by Wu-Zi-Mu

Ok, on my toolbar next to my clock i am getting a flashing red alert sign and then after a while a bubble will pop up saying that i have a virus and that i need to get proper anti virus but i have Ad-Aware,AVG,Spybot,BitDefender 8. Then after a while i will get a IE page come up and go to AntiVirus ad pages and if you leave the computer for a while tonnes of these pages open up it is killing my computer and my dad's gonna lose it if i f*** up another computer

So any ideas??

if you could help it would be great, Thanks

EDIT:Chris82 has gave me some advice and it kinda looks Ok now

Wow, I'm recently finding the same problem, and not being able to get rid of it with Ad-Aware, AVG, Norton, or Spybot. Ad-Aware ran 4 times in 24 hours removed over 400 files and I still had the problem. I downloaded something called Security Task Manager, which showed all the stuff running in the task manager and described them. Removed a few odd-named things that appeared as "browser extensions" and "tool bars", all of which had the IE logo on them((go figure, I don't even USE my IE)), and it seems to be working fine now. I even had an odd clicking noise as if I kept clicking things with the pointer, that stopped, too.

so, is your problem "solutionated", or not?

anyways, if it tells you that, and you got that much anti-virus, then ya gotta reinstall Windows, that erases all the disk

Stay out of help topics. Please. Don't try to give PC advise. Ever.

Spaz isn't the nicest of guys ;)

Just so you know:

"solutionated" should be "solved"

"hurted" should be "hurt"

Don't worry I know what you were trying to say Silberio, but formatting the hard drive and reinstalling windows is really the last resort to getting rid of viruses. Good antivirus software, firewalling, and regular computer management of checking files in the startup and what is running in task manager should ensure your pc stays safe.

Edited by Alistair

Eh...yeah, im not a computer expert, and you also hurted my feelings :(

Ah, we'll have your grammar improved significantly in no time, trust me. I didn't have much of a sense of grammar or anything until I came to TGTAP, honestly. And that helped me pass tests and stuff.

But yeah, never suggest erasing an entire drive just to get rid of a virus. VERY drastic.