Go beat up Jack Thompson!

Huckleberry Pie

494481449_f361d1099a.jpg

Carl "CJ" Johnson, joining a gamers' protest, along with his pal Tommy Vercetti, Mario, Luigi, Sam Fisher, and other videogame characters...

I guess Mr. Thomson, as well as his *pal*, Dr. Phil, is going too far - he blames videogames for all nasty things that are happening in the world - the Virginia Tech shooting, school shootouts, etc. Sure, CJ and Monsieur Tommy Vercetti are veteran virtual gangsters, but they might get pissed off once they (or their games) were blamed for some real or imaginary, relevant or seemingly irrelevant incident. I know there are some really bad games, but most of the heroes in action games know what they're doing; anti-heroes like Tommy and CJ seem to delight in wreaking havoc in the city, but they DON'T encourage people to follow their footsteps and harass their neighbors - I mean, look at the fine print when GTA boots up - what does it say about playing this game? And to add up to my negative comments about Mr. Thompson and his minions, it was reported at Gamespot that he sued Penny Arcade for harassment, "criminal harassment", that is, just because of the site's parodical views about Thompson. Please, JT, THIS IS A DEMOCRACY, THE UNITED STATES IS A DEMOCRACY!! Even the two GTA protagonists know about this, as well as the "free speech" law, that guarantees rights to parodists - if George Bush doesn't mind being impersonated or parodied in any way, how come you, Mister Jack Thompson, took a very simple insult way too seriously?? Are you some three-year old kid that cries loudly just because you were deprived of your beloved lollipop?

NOT ALL NEGATIVE THINGS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO A SINGLE SOURCE, THOMPSON! I'm saying this in large font because some guy is blaming us gamers and game developers for violence, which actually turned out that he just wanted to earn money and make some noise - in Filipino, papam-pam, or papansin lang siya (literally, he just wants some attention; I learned those words from a friend of mine in the Philippines)... In other words, he just wants to be on the New York Times frontpage or show up on CNN... Jack Thompson sucks...

P.S.: Feel free to spread the CJ message memetically... :D

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Yeah hes pretty lame and annoying. Hes a notoriously KNOWN liar by many sources. Im tired of his shit. They had a article in my newspaper, that indirectly targeted thompson and dr phil. It also anonymously quoted them too. They were stating that games ARE violent and DO put violent images into peoples minds, but that it does NOT mean that they will even think about doing it in real life.

EVERY single speeder that is underage that is on a police show is accused of playing "TOO MUCH GRAND THEFT AUTO!" f*** that, i would rather do it because of gran tourismo. not grand theft auto. and even then, even if we didnt have games, there were still speeders, underage too! f***ing game-steretyping and game-accusing idiots.

(edit: put a little spacey space,)

Edited by tilly

Yeah hes pretty lame and annoying. Hes a notoriously KNOWN liar by many sources. Im tired of his shit. They had a article in my newspaper, that indirectly targeted thompson and dr phil. It also anonymously quoted them too. They were stating that games ARE violent and DO put violent images into peoples minds, but that it does NOT mean that they will even think about doing it in real life.

EVERY single speeder that is underage that is on a police show is accused of playing "TOO MUCH GRAND THEFT AUTO!" f*** that, i would rather do it because of gran tourismo. not grand theft auto. and even then, even if we didnt have games, there were still speeders, underage too! f***ing game-stereotyping and game-accusing idiots.

(edit: put a little spacey space,)

Yeah, not all people, like you and me, who play Grand Theft Auto, would delight in killing and harassing people in real life - Does Rockstar encourage people to be a criminal? Or imitate Hot Coffee? Not really... There are other problems that Jack Thomson must really concentrate, like drug abuse, war, and racial discrimination, not giving bad stereotypes at GTA...

Jack Thompson IS the most jingoistic idiot I've ever heard. I mean, me and my dad had some good time playing video games at home or in the arcade since when I was little, even if it involved hurting, knocking out or killing somebody - I hope some modder would make a Jack Thompson NPC skin for GTA for gamers to pick on...

EDIT: Check out my CJ pic...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

I thought this guy is done now, him and R* have agreed to stop suing each other and he (JT) has not said anything bad about games since I think. So really this guy is dead and buried now. Lets forget about him.

He did say crap after the Virginia Tech shooting so he hasn't actually been put to rest yet.

I thought this guy is done now, him and R* have agreed to stop suing each other and he (JT) has not said anything bad about games since I think. So really this guy is dead and buried now. Lets forget about him.

He did say crap after the Virginia Tech shooting so he hasn't actually been put to rest yet.

Whats did he say, can I have a link if you have one please.

I don`t have a link but I heard that he blamed violent video games played by teens for the Virginia Tech Shooting.BTW today is the graduation day there, from what I`ve heard from the news...

Try reading this blog, guys - even a psychologist criticized Thompson for his fanaticism and his bad views about gaming - sure, he might tell us to play chess instead, but would he expect us to play a Barbie PC game, or one of those Disney tie-in CD-ROMs (or a Strawberry Shortcake videogame - I play that sometimes but it's unlikely that you guys would delight in playing those), just because CJ's a crazy person? Nope... Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Try reading this blog, guys - even a psychologist criticized Thompson for his fanaticism and his bad views about gaming - sure, he might tell us to play chess instead, but would he expect us to play a Barbie PC game, or one of those Disney tie-in CD-ROMs (or a Strawberry Shortcake videogame - I play that sometimes but it's unlikely that you guys would delight in playing those), just because CJ's a crazy person? Nope...

This was a long time, JT and TT have settled there differences and really I don't really think he has said anything since, I am not sticking up for him but I am just saying.

Well, it was actually a video. Here it is.

HAHA! expert in school shootings. Whatta liar.

Give Thompson something to mess with, CJ, I hope you and your gang would tell him that you're not teaching kids bad stuff...

Give Carl Johnson a chance to prove to the world that not all school violence is linked to gaming...

I think the gun laws in the US needed some reform (without restraining the rights of gun owners), as it seems that the really trigger-happy crowd can acquire guns as easy as Monsieur Tommy V. does when shopping at Ammu-Nation - some countries in Europe forbid the sale of guns to most people, except when you are a gun club member. To Jack Thompson: There are more important issues in this world that you should have been involved - drug abuse, war, racism (I hate racism!!), etc. You should have used your God-given talents to help the poor, not be an "activist" just to be famous... You should seek help about you fanaticism, Jack... :thumbsdown: