PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

Uhm, dude. Until now they've only made 2 mario's for consoles... 3rd still coming (Galaxy).

................. Jace...... You're an idiot.......

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Dr. Mario

Mario & Wario

Mario Paint

Mario's Time Machine

Super Mario All-Stars((I count this as a game, even if it's a collection))

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario RPG

Super Mario World

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Dr. Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

Mario Party

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 3

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

Paper Mario

Apparently I can't count....... Because that's not even all the Mario games out currently, and I count 20 just right there.... :mellow:

Quite a few of those are for gameboy.. And I messed up my statement. I meant only 2 3d mario games only aimed at Mario himself (so not the Mario Party's and Mario Kart ect.) So that means only Super Mario 64 and Sunshine. And I don't really count paper Mario as one of those.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well football games are different, they do actually vary from year to year, like different players in the teams becasue of transfers and also different modes you can select. Also making your own football player etc. Its not the same all the time. Fifa is sometimes but definetly not Pro Evo.

Personally I hate football games. I mean once you've started and just finished your first match, you know it's going to be like that for the whole entire game. So your just going through the whole entire game just doing football matches. Just go out and play it for real.

Uhm, dude. Until now they've only made 2 mario's for consoles... 3rd still coming (Galaxy).

................. Jace...... You're an idiot.......

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Dr. Mario

Mario & Wario

Mario Paint

Mario's Time Machine

Super Mario All-Stars((I count this as a game, even if it's a collection))

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario RPG

Super Mario World

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Dr. Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

Mario Party

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 3

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

Paper Mario

Apparently I can't count....... Because that's not even all the Mario games out currently, and I count 20 just right there.... :mellow:

Quite a few of those are for gameboy.. And I messed up my statement. I meant only 2 3d mario games only aimed at Mario himself (so not the Mario Party's and Mario Kart ect.) So that means only Super Mario 64 and Sunshine. And I don't really count paper Mario as one of those.

Actually, add two more to that list. Super Mario 64 DS is a port of the 64 game, but with added levels and what not. (It's possible to get I think 20 or so more stars.) Also, New Super Mario Bro's for the Nintendo DS is also partly in 3D. And you should count Paper Mario, the second one goes all in 3D and shit. So there's 5. (And you better not say those DS games don't count because honestly, the DS is more of a system then the GameCube.)

It will be the third first-party true 3D platformer Mario game released.

Source: Wikipedia.

And ports don't count really. It's basically still the same game, but with better graphics and a few little add-ons.

I hope that makes clear what I actually wanted to say..

Well football games are different, they do actually vary from year to year, like different players in the teams becasue of transfers and also different modes you can select. Also making your own football player etc. Its not the same all the time. Fifa is sometimes but definetly not Pro Evo.

Benoit was a great person, you don't actually awtch WWE, I know he done some bad stuff and all that, but he did go mental in the end.

So the little character you play as changes? Big deal. It's the same GAMEPLAY in the end. You're on a field that is the same as every other game, and you're playing the same sport. The Mario and Zelda games get ENTIRELY NEW LEVELS and different power-ups, weapons, enemies, and now even some new ways of playing with the DS and Wii. So, it still stands, those football games((and sports in general)) are way more repetitive than Mario and Zelda.

And you don't know what I watch in my free time.

ugh fanboyism to the extreme(notice no quotes so i'm not flaming anyone in general)! Look I don't get really why complain about which console is better. Its all bout taste of the gamer.

Here are the facts.

Wii=always fun for the family with its interactive games and colorful game play. Innovative game play unseen out of arcades.

Xbox360=the online gaming and first person shooter are the best in market with its controller making every move fluid the only drawback is having to pay for online game play.

PS3=a well rounded system with high capabilities close to those of the xbox360. Low on major market games but anticipated to be good competition for Microsoft.

Those are the plain facts.

next time a capabilities list should be in order

before a fanboy free-for-all :ph34r:

You're gonna get flamed for that...... meh.

PC > all, still. Wii is wii for a reason. When you were a little kid, you had fun with your "Wii".... Gets it?

PC is the great. any game could be played on it. I got to admit I invested the most on my PC to be capable to play games.

good point, sky

PC PWNS. The only console it can't replace is the Wii for obvious reasons.

BTW, you stated stuff on a way that it looks as if the 360 is more powerful then the ps3.

And the Wii isn't only for family's. Look at Galaxy, Corruption and Twilight Princess. All single player games (Corruption does have multi-player options though, but it's just a little add-on to the game).

BTW, you stated stuff on a way that it looks as if the 360 is more powerful then the ps3.

And the Wii isn't only for family's. Look at Galaxy, Corruption and Twilight Princess. All single player games (Corruption does have multi-player options though, but it's just a little add-on to the game).

Yeah, but the Wii only has like four games for hardcore gamers... :\ On the 360, you have CoD4, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Half-Life 2, etc. Thats the thing I really don't like about the Wii, not enough games for the hardcore games. :(

Yeah, but the Wii only has like four games for hardcore gamers... :\ On the 360, you have CoD4, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Half-Life 2, etc. Thats the thing I really don't like about the Wii, not enough games for the hardcore games. :(

Which would be a pretty good reason why the Wii isn't for "hardcore gamers", wouldn't it? Hardcore gamers usually annoy me. They become too bothersome and obsessed, and if you aren't as good as them you are "uber fail" and a "n00b". Fucking jerk-offs, I just want to relax and play my games. Christ.[/rant]

But yeah, the Wii is for everyone. It gets people who aren't into gaming playing games. It's something most people who aren't fanboys or snobs can get into.

Which would be a pretty good reason why the Wii isn't for "hardcore gamers", wouldn't it? Hardcore gamers usually annoy me. They become too bothersome and obsessed, and if you aren't as good as them you are "uber fail" and a "n00b". Fucking jerk-offs, I just want to relax and play my games. Christ.[/rant]

But yeah, the Wii is for everyone. It gets people who aren't into gaming playing games. It's something most people who aren't fanboys or snobs can get into.

But it isin't for everyone... I don't exactly classify myself as a hardcore gamers, but I know the hardcore gamers sure as hell don't want to play WiiFit, and WiiSports. And their seems to just be so many of those type of titles on the console, and not enough Metroid Prime 3's to balance it out....

Hardcore gamers don't count as "everybody".... They have their precious little Ps3 and 360. When stating "everyone", the point is very casual gamers and even people who don't play games at all. For the most part, the only reason the "hardcore gamers" won't touch it is because it isn't Halo or CS, so it apparently isn't good enough for them.

Hardcore gamers don't count as "everybody".... They have their precious little Ps3 and 360. When stating "everyone", the point is very casual gamers and even people who don't play games at all. For the most part, the only reason the "hardcore gamers" won't touch it is because it isn't Halo or CS, so it apparently isn't good enough for them.

What? Nintendo pretty much has the biggest hardcore gamer fanbase, 4 games (MP3, SSBB, SMG, Zelda: TP) isin't going to satisfy them. That's were the DS and Wii are different, the DS is constantly getting good new games that the Nintendo hardcore gamer fanbase love, were as the Wii isin't. And it's starting to become a problem to be honest.

I hardly see "hardcore gamers" who follow Mario, Zelda, and Metroid.....

LOL, is the Wii your first Nintendo system or something? That's what hardcore gamers who are into Nintendo play... Games like Zelda are to complicated for someone who just wants to pick up the system and play a sports game or something. Those games are aimed at the hardcore gaming audience dude.

Zelda isn't really a complicated game to play. And it isn't something that's popular among "hardcore gamers". Apparently we have different definitions. "Hardcore gamers" are the ones who take gaming SERIOUSLY.

If you say Zelda isin't popular among hardcore gamers, then what Nintendo game is? How is Zelda, a (possibly) 80 hour long game not for a hardcore gamer? Nintendo has a huge hardcore fanbase, and they love Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, and Star Fox.

But yeah, we do have quite different definitions on "hardcore gamers" I suppose.

I define what a gamer is by their mindset. A casual gamer is just someone who wants to pick up ANY game and play for a few minutes for fun. A hardcore gamer has the tendency to become obsessed with their game of choice and attempt to master almost every aspect of said game. Me, I fall in between.

Zelda isn't really a complicated game to play. And it isn't something that's popular among "hardcore gamers". Apparently we have different definitions. "Hardcore gamers" are the ones who take gaming SERIOUSLY.

If you say Zelda isin't popular among hardcore gamers, then what Nintendo game is? How is Zelda, a (possibly) 80 hour long game not for a hardcore gamer? Nintendo has a huge hardcore fanbase, and they love Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, and Star Fox.

But yeah, we do have quite different definitions on "hardcore gamers" I suppose.

Most Nintendo games AREN'T. They usually don't cater to "hardcore gamers". And Zelda isn't for hardcore gamers, it's for whoever wants to play it.

Most Nintendo games AREN'T. They usually don't cater to "hardcore gamers". And Zelda isn't for hardcore gamers, it's for whoever wants to play it.

I guess you really don't know how many Nintendo fans would KILL to get the next Zelda game. Zelda and can be a complicated game, a casual gamer usually would want a game like Zelda. Theres to much back tracking, puzzles, and just can be complicated. They'd rather sit back, relax, and play some WiiSports. The hardcore Nintendo fans will buy a new console JUST for the game, and then beat the game in less than a week. Honestly, do you think just because Nintendo released the Wii, all those hardcore gamers just left? What about BEFORE the Wii? There weren't any hardcore gamers?! Ya' right! Hardcore Nintendo fans kept the GameCube ALIVE!

Dude, I'M a casual gamer. I LOVE Zelda. It's my single most favorite game of all time. And I never said anything about hardcore gamers leaving. I said there aren't many hardcore gamers who obsess over Nintendo games. I've never seen someone saying, "ZELDA IS THE GREATEST FUCKING GAME OF ALL TIME AND NO OTHER GAME IS EVEN CONSIDERED GOOD NEXT TO IT AND IT'S THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS AND I WILL OWN YOUR ASS AT IT BECAUSE NO ONE IS AS GOOD AS I AM I WILL FUCKING KILL YOUR FUCKING ASS AT THAT GAME! I'M FUCKING HARDCORE!!!!!!"

Dude, I'M a casual gamer. I LOVE Zelda. It's my single most favorite game of all time. And I never said anything about hardcore gamers leaving. I said there aren't many hardcore gamers who obsess over Nintendo games. I've never seen someone saying, "ZELDA IS THE GREATEST FUCKING GAME OF ALL TIME AND NO OTHER GAME IS EVEN CONSIDERED GOOD NEXT TO IT AND IT'S THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS AND I WILL OWN YOUR ASS AT IT BECAUSE NO ONE IS AS GOOD AS I AM I WILL FUCKING KILL YOUR FUCKING ASS AT THAT GAME! I'M FUCKING HARDCORE!!!!!!"

I haven't heard anyone say that last part, but I've heard many people say Zelda is the greatest game ever so many damn times. (BTW, I love the series to. I can't wait for Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you've got a DS, maybe we'll play the online multiplayer...)

I think I found out the root to my animosity towards the PS3. I don't necessarily hate the machine, even though it hardly has any games out. No, I'm just sick of a few fanboys who have their hands on Sony's cock and will make up shit about the Xbox 360 being the reason GTA 4 was delayed.

Actually there is some serious possibilities it is Xbox's fault. Xbox uses DVD's, SA only just made it onto a DVD, how can the new game fit on their exactly?

Many large gaming websites are saying you may need a hard drive to play it on Xbox and PS3 due to the size. So before you make another comment about these apparent "fanboys" (who might I add, have just as much a right to show their respect for Sony as you do for Microsoft) look at your posts. The only fanboy I am seeing, is you.

I think I found the root of my animosity towards the PS3. My hate doesn't lie with the machine itself, even though it hasn't really proved itself as a console due to its lack of quality games. Nah, I just don't like the people who have their hands on Sony's cock so much, that they'll bash every other console that isn't from Sony for no reason.