PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

If you got an ALMOST top of the line PC RIGHT now you'd have a SIGNIFICANTLY better machine than the PS3.... And it would ALWAYS be better than it, rather or not you upgraded it. And the ABILITY to upgrade is a GOOD thing. Can you walk down to the store and buy more RAM for your PS3? Nope. Sorry. You can't. You see, before the consoles even come out, they are ALREADY lower-spec'd than PCs....

I never said that the PS3 was better than a PC. All I meant is that you could get more or less the same games on a 360/PS3 than you do for the PC and it could save you a lot of hassle ie installing the game, plus if he got a 360 he could have just played GTAIV from day 1, but its his decision.

Yes, a lot of the same games, but not always the same experience. I can play RPGs, The Sims, and FPS games all day long on a PC. Not on a console. I can play GTA and Zelda all day long on a console, but it isn't really the same on PC. And with installing games, you then have them on your HDD and you don't actually NEED all these fragile disks.

Yeah, my bad, I said that in the wrong way, but still most of the top games come out on consoles first plus installation is just anohter time waster. You can upgrade on some hardware on the 360/PS3 but ti only gives you extra GB.

Yeah, ALL you can upgrade is the hard drive. And on consoles, that doesn't exactly give you faster gameplay((because it's playing off the disk....)). And "most of the top games" don't come out on consoles first. There are plenty of games I love on the PC that either didn't come out on consoles, or just sucked.

Dude, they only get updated, not upgraded. And powerwise the ps3 WILL be outdated within 3 years. But Sony, Nintendo and MS always drag it on. And the PC just moves with it's time. I think I'll only upgrade my card in 3.5 years since I just can't afford spending that much money constantly. But I might upgrade my HDD within 1 year (want to reach 1 TB soon). It's your choice.

The PS3 IS out-dated in terms of PCs..... It pisses me off when people refer to the PS3 as a "super-computer". It isn't. No where near, even.

Yeah I know its your choice and all that, but PS3 might get outdated but another PlayStation won't be released in 3 years time since consoles last about 6 years.

Ah, so being stuck with the out-dated technology because consumers would just get pissed buying a new console every year is a GOOD thing? Huh. Funny.... Just because you don't "update" until the next console is out doesn't mean it's a good thing. You CAN upgrade your PC doesn't mean you HAVE to. It's nice to have the option, though.

lulz, I here you can install Windows XP on a PS3 after installing Yellow Dog Linux and that all PC games run flawlessly on a PS3. Owned IMO.

I call bullshit. Windows XP, to run smoothly, would AT LEAST require the amount of RAM the PS3 has. So is it running Linux AND XP at the same time? That's TOTAL BS, unless they are just using an exploit to get XP running. Beyond that, the games shouldn't run properly at all.

I don't think BF2 needs like 1.5 gig to run smooth just cause of the OS.

I ran it just fine running Windows XP MCE and 1GB of RAM. -shrugs- Haven't played it much since, though. Haven't got to see how it runs with 2GBS just yet.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never really showed that its running on a ps3. It just shows the screen. Might (probably) just be fake.

128 MB of RAM *

That's recommended to be able to use XP. And then you can't even use stuff like IE7 and WMP11 normally.

Other then that, a PS3 can't even use Vista at minimum. Just shows, PC PWNS.

And if I'm not mistaken the GFX card for both consoles are equaled to DX9, not 10. So again, as far as graphics is concerned PC PWNS. And for a console that relies on it's power that quite a bad thing.

City in the Sky sucks :(

• 1 month later...
Mega Bump,

PS3 is going to get the rumble feature get installed just read it on IGN, this will surely make games a lot better and funner (is this a word?) to play. Anyway other than that I might get Jonh Woos strangehold, looks nice.

It'd be "and more fun" afaik. Why doesn't it have a rumble feature right off? o.o I mean I play my thps games without cuz 15minutes of straight grinding and going everywhere (One combo, yes.) gets annoying, but it's good for other games. I think it's more of a "feel" type thing though. Like, feeling the game environment.. I wanna play Driver: PL now.. woo. Apparently I'm thinking I have a lot of money over my grandpa's still. Who wants to talk me into a 360? :lol:

Begin 2008 is not this year.

Asuming they don't get more expensive:

It's still 60 EUR = 10% of the console cost.

Other then that THEY had to put it in the package in the FIRST place.

And stop always saying "SIXAXIS". It's just a gamepad.

You don't hear me refering to the Wii-mote as "the Full Motion Sensing Controller". No, I just call it Wii-mote or controller.

Begin 2008 is not this year.

Asuming they don't get more expensive:

It's still 60 EUR = 10% of the console cost.

Other then that THEY had to put it in the package in the FIRST place.

And stop always saying "SIXAXIS". It's just a gamepad.

You don't hear me refering to the Wii-mote as "the Full Motion Sensing Controller". No, I just call it Wii-mote or controller.

That's actually what Sony has named the controller, I think. Just as the last generation was the DualShock 2.

• 4 weeks later...
"brand new never used before technology", "technology" that is not yet needed for videogames

Thats your opinion and some people will disagree with it.

an egotist company that believe they are God themselves.

There not that bad, other companies always say there products are the best MS and Nintendo do it. There not exactly going to say there rivals products are better.

"brand new never used before technology", "technology" that is not yet needed for videogames

There not that bad, other companies always say there products are the best MS and Nintendo do it. There not exactly going to say there rivals products are better.

So... if 'everyone else does it', then what's the problem? Why make a big deal?

"brand new never used before technology"

That line is called sarcasm. It is mocking something they claim. That, BTW, isn't opinion, it's fact. The SIXAXIS is NOT BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY. Nintendo has that type of motion sensing on the GBA, and the ORIGINAL PLAYSTATION had a controller that did the same thing! The SIXAXIS can't really be called new technology, it's been used in games plenty of times.

Katarugi is so full of himself it's not even funny. I've seen the way he acts at conferences, mainly E3. And let's not forget the broken promises, over-hyped expectations, and just plain out LIES. I like the Playstation, I LOVED the PS2...... FUCK the PS3. It went to Sony's head too fast and they think they are invincible.

I am the disprouded owner of a PS3, I can't believe why I have payed 600 euros for that piece of shit. Once I pass Metal Gear Solid4 the only good game of the PS3 I'll buy a XBOX360.

It just hit me today, I gave to much chances to SONY's Piece of Shit3.

Could anyone tell me about the advantages the XBOX360 as over the Piece of Shit3 please?