PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

Hey, I can get a decent gfx card for less than $117. I mean, it probably won't play Half-Life 2 at maximum specs, but it'd work for what I need.

I just can't stand playing a game on the PC after I played it on the consoles. Take San Andreas, for example. Pressing the C button to crouch doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's just because I have limited space on my desk or that I also can't fly for shit without a gamepad. But PC gaming doesn't really work for me, with the exception of the Sims 2, that is.

Eh, I don't really want anything for the PS3, except for maybe Tekken 6. And for a lot of things for the PS3, I can probably get it on the Xbox 360 and play with familiar gamepad. But the Wii has the Wii Store and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the way.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I can get a decent gfx card for less than $117. I mean, it probably won't play Half-Life 2 at maximum specs, but it'd work for what I need.

I just can't stand playing a game on the PC after I played it on the consoles. Take San Andreas, for example. Pressing the C button to crouch doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's just because I have limited space on my desk or that I also can't fly for shit without a gamepad. But PC gaming doesn't really work for me, with the exception of the Sims 2, that is.

Eh, I don't really want anything for the PS3, except for maybe Tekken 6. And for a lot of things for the PS3, I can probably get it on the Xbox 360 and play with familiar gamepad. But the Wii has the Wii Store and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the way.

If you ask me, Super Smash Brothers Brawl doesn't justify spending $300 on a console/one game. However, if they were to lower the price and release another great Animal Crossing game, then I would definatly be tempted to buy the Wii. (Of course if it was in black to match my NDSLite!) But as of now, unless your a Metroid-addict I don't exactly see a reason to own the Wii... (That of it your really into Nintendo I suppose.)

PC gaming has one flaw in my opinion, constantly upgrading thats why I never use my PC for games only games consoles. With that 600 EURO you could have got a 360 and it would have lasted you till the next gen consoles were out. So about 5 years whereas you would have to constantly upgrade your PC.

If you got an ALMOST top of the line PC RIGHT now you'd have a SIGNIFICANTLY better machine than the PS3.... And it would ALWAYS be better than it, rather or not you upgraded it. And the ABILITY to upgrade is a GOOD thing. Can you walk down to the store and buy more RAM for your PS3? Nope. Sorry. You can't. You see, before the consoles even come out, they are ALREADY lower-spec'd than PCs....

Most PC games are coming to the consoles, a lot of console games aren't coming to the PC though. (Mass Effect, Crackdown, Saints Row, Halo 3 (well, not yet at least), Resistance, Motorstorm, Dead Rising, etc.)

I've never been a fan of PC gaming. Its to complicated. You have to check your specs before buying games and shit, I just like buying a game for my 360, poping it in and I can play. No installing or nothing. :)

A lot of PC games don't come to consoles, and when a lot do, they SUCK. ALA The Sims? First Person Shooters? And just know your general specs. It helps to know basic things like your free HDD space, RAM, V-RAM, and processor speed((or the processor, at least)). Yeah, you might not have to install, but you DO need to keep track of your disks. You don't have to do that with PCs...

Well if the GFX card lasts you 5-6 years I dont see a problem with that even though its cost a lot more. I got the impression that that you had to change very 1-2 years. I guess I was wrong and like Mishom said, installation stuff and all that take too much time imo.

If you know where to go you can get pretty good PCs for EQUAL or LESS than the PS3.

Well thats your choice but £405 is a lot you could have even got a PS3 with that, I know PC can do a lot, but most game developers like to create games for console only. Some games that are really good will never come to PC.

The only thing more disgraceful than that is really great games that come to consoles and RUIN the game.

Well, GTA is easier on console, but FPS games are way better with mouse and keyboard.

If you got an ALMOST top of the line PC RIGHT now you'd have a SIGNIFICANTLY better machine than the PS3.... And it would ALWAYS be better than it, rather or not you upgraded it. And the ABILITY to upgrade is a GOOD thing. Can you walk down to the store and buy more RAM for your PS3? Nope. Sorry. You can't. You see, before the consoles even come out, they are ALREADY lower-spec'd than PCs....

I never said that the PS3 was better than a PC. All I meant is that you could get more or less the same games on a 360/PS3 than you do for the PC and it could save you a lot of hassle ie installing the game, plus if he got a 360 he could have just played GTAIV from day 1, but its his decision.

Though this is a gta site I prefer loads of games above GTA and I like PC gaming. Controls are much easier IMO.

And you can't get the power for a PC for 600 EUR that the ps3 has. But then a good PC these days needs 2 gig of RAM, not just 256 mb like a console. 60 gig for a PC won't do. If you buy a new one the minimum would be like 320 EUR and then you still need an OS and a monitor and keyboard, mouse, speakers. All adding to the price. Sound card preferred. Not sure but I don't think consoles use sound cards.

I'm sure that if a PC would work as a console a average 2 year old one would be much better at games then a ps3. But then a PC works quite a bit more complex and runs dozen of things at once.

Just taking ps3 as example cause it's the most powerfull console.

Installing - Only needed once

GTA IV - Uhm yeah.. Or wait for a PC version (probably will be released) what will have added features and slightly better graphics. (minor updates and probably also downloadable content for Vista)

Upgrading - YOU DON'T NEED TO UPGRADE. Only if you really want your PC to constantly be top of the range you upgrade. And of course after 3 years parts will become out dated so you upgrade them if you don't like it. You don't have to. Same with consoles. You buy a new console to move forward and cause it's getting out dated.

Dude, they only get updated, not upgraded. And powerwise the ps3 WILL be outdated within 3 years. But Sony, Nintendo and MS always drag it on. And the PC just moves with it's time. I think I'll only upgrade my card in 3.5 years since I just can't afford spending that much money constantly. But I might upgrade my HDD within 1 year (want to reach 1 TB soon). It's your choice.

Yeah, my bad, I said that in the wrong way, but still most of the top games come out on consoles first plus installation is just anohter time waster. You can upgrade on some hardware on the 360/PS3 but ti only gives you extra GB.

Game installation only takes me like 2 minutes, usually. Or something around there, it's very short. Only thing I'm lacking from a PS3 is graphics. Onboard video cards FTL. And well, yeah. I was talking about RAM / Video / CPU mostly.

lulz, I here you can install Windows XP on a PS3 after installing Yellow Dog Linux and that all PC games run flawlessly on a PS3. Owned IMO.

I doubt that would ever happen and I can assure you I dont think it happens right now. Have you got a link? If the PS3 can do that I will be very very surprised but I am 100 % sure it doesn't, unless you can prove me wrong.

I'll read the articles tomorrow, but it's highly unlikely that it runs smooth. Don't forget, the ps3 has only 256 MB of RAM. Handling a game like BF2 on XP needs to have at least 1 gig to run smooth.

So I doubt it.

Theres no doubt in my mind that Windows itself runs fine. But the games even I was wondering about, with such a small amount of RAM, I have no idea how they run smooth. But some dude said they did so.... :/ (BTW, it may not be that complicated, I have no idea. There might be an easier way. Linux is easy to get on the PS3, so....)

I'd try it myself but my brother would kill me if I fucked with his PS3. :S

I've got 512 RAM ATM (yeah, I know, it sucks :( ) and for stuff like photoshop it starts to lag a lot. And after playing BF2 it takes ages until it gets up to speed again.

BTW, the only thing what could happen is that you fuck up the HDD. And then you could just connect it to a PC and get a fully clean again.

Anyway, I'll read it now. And maybe that guy played old games you know or he's just blatantly lying.