IS ps2 Modification possible

Strike9

This has been addressed way too many times.

In the very basis of it, you'd have to decompile the game disk, modify the files, re-burn it, and use a modded PS2 that allows you to play burned games. A lot of work. Way easier and more in your benefit to simply buy it for the PC. You'd have to burn a new disk EVERY time you wanted to add a mod or change anything.

Besides, check the MODDING section. It has a topic about this PINNED.

Right here

actually the ps2 game disc is fairly straight forward, a bunch of file with names like models, data, with a crap load of .dat files in them

That isn't the point. The point is, this is in the wrong section, shouldn't have been posted((you would've known that had you went to the correct section)), and is about a subject that isn't convenient in the least, because you'd have to burn a BRAND NEW DISK EVERYTIME YOU WANTED TO MOD THE GAME.

I thought about this millions of times before I got any GTA games for PC, but then realized, why the heck should I go through all this trouble when I could just buy a disk for PC?

(I'm not for posting in topics which are in the wrong section, so I guess this is my last post in this topic, and your next post should be the last in this topic too)

Edited by Connor

• 2 months later...