political correctness

Madlabrador

(just so you all know, im in a very bad mood at the moment, and taking out all my anger on politics and the establishment)

anyway, last year i remember some politician dickhead saying how we shouldnt celebrate 5th of november aka bonfire night anymore, because it wouldnt be politically correct, and it might offend imigrants and ethnic minorities. i have nothing against imigrants coming into our country, but why the fuck should we change our traditions just to keep other cultures happy??? these politicians are stupid, a lot of people from different countries acctually join in with our celebrations. i also hate the fact that in some places of work, christians are not allowed to wear the cross, but if you are part of another religion, you can wear any religious item. guess what you stupid politicians, christianity is a religion too, why can we not wear religious items??? the way i see it, anyone of any race or religion can come into this country, but they must respect our traditions and religion. and nearly all of them do. i dont know why the government cant see that , bunch of arrogant, posh bastards

just incase you didnt notice, i think political correctness is a load of shit.

well thats my little rant over for know, but what do the rest of you think about political correctness??

Mm, I fucking hate politicians, I don't have anything against any religions, but I do have lots of things against politicians, why should anyone have to stop doing anything because it might be offensive to another religion(Most of the time it's not offensive), but calling people names(Bullying too) is still not a crime..

Politically correct people are the kinds of idiots who tell you don't to say anything that might be offensive to someone.

For example, in America it's considered politically correct to call the native people "Indians." Columbus thought they were Indians because he thought he was around that part of the world. I'll call them Indians if I damn well please, fuck politically correct douchebags.

I don't understand the concept of having to accommodate for other cultures in a country. For example, why should Britain have to accommodate for Hindu, Sikh, etc. Festivals and customs, despite the fact, that since the dawn of religion, christianity has dominated here? People can celebrate in their own way, that's fine by me, but everyone else, who is not a member of their religion should not be forced to care.

Political correctness is BS, you can't say anything any more without it being some big double meaning (+conspiracy :P) and you actually meant to deeply offend someone. <_<

FULL POINT to each of you, political correctness is a load of flaming donkey crap (even the horse hates it)!

In the '70s, Indian was a perfectly acceptable term for people from "Native American" tribes & even today these people (that

I know) will proudly tell others that they are Indians. Maybe it's like the pink triangle taken by gays after it was used as a

label in Nazi Germany to stigmatize them (speculation). The American Indians I know think it's kinda funny & a little ridiculous

that PC idiots make such a big deal out of it.

As I recall, PC has pestered the US into a few international headaches as well, like Somalia for one.

Some politicians are like this becasue they run out of things to argue about the talk more crap than they actually do. I think stuff like not doing bonfire night is just ridiculous. I know loads of different ethnic minorities which go to Firework displays on 5th November.

But some politicans are just stupid, especially the BNP.

political correctness, the biggest load of shit since.....shit

in pre-schools now they dont sing "bah bah black sheep" anymore. they sing "bah bah rainbow sheep". because saying black sheep is encouraging kids to be racist, according to politicians. i mean for fuck sakes, i think black people would be even more offended if people call them rainbow. <_< political correctness to the extreme, that is.

Edited by Marty Jay

What the hell is up with political correctness? Especially shit like eliminating the cross and other biblical references in anime/manga. I swear, everyone is a baby nowadays and will bitch and whine if their race or religion is misrepresented. Quit complaining, you bunch of douchbags. Christ, I don't go around on a crusade everytime I'm called Chinese or Mexican.

Edited by TEC 9

Apparently the word 'brainstorm' is unpolitically correct because some people have a disease where they have fits and it gives pain in the head and they refer to this as a 'storm in the brain' or 'brainstorm'. The politically correct term is now 'starburst' or 'mind explosion'.

Well isn't that just peachy. What about people who get their heads blown off? Isn't THAT a 'mind explosion'? I think we are being insensitive to their needs. :rolleyes:

Political correctness....... Could probably be just a combination of over-worried people and bored politicians.