Detail Ponage...Small details in GTA IV

ZEI

Details...VERY IMPORTANT  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will details like this ruin your game experiance?

• Yea
    • Nope
    • I don't know because i wouldn't be paying attention having 6*s and a military on my a$$.

Just like i mentioned in an earlier topic, did anyone catch the major bugs in texture in the graffiti skins on all the dumsters? after a carefull analysis i found a 3 seperate occasions were the skins were copied onto other dumpsters. Its small things like this that could catch peoples' eyes'. It would have been better without any special tag textures if R* is just going to copy the skins because when you start seing these patterns on every trash can no matter how fast your going the game starts to look less appealing and unreal. 1st img has the original img. the seccond has two of them next to each other. going back i also discover that that one too had a similar dumpster next to it. by the way the 1st tag says "RENA!" the seccond one doesn't have a good enough to identify full but my guess is "AM[followd by one more letter that appears to be a B in another shot]"

goofup3.jpggoofup2.jpggoofup4.jpg

I think I noticed these copies too but personally for me, it won't ruin my gaming experience. Plus this was the trailer, they might put more variety into the skins and stuff but I'm not sure. Seriously, if I'm experiencing all the new features, characters, storyline, and all the new features I don't think I'll mind a little mistake here and there. They have a couple months left, they might fix it or not, we'll see.

when an image aliases, it means that it has too small of a resolution than it is meant to have so it looks pixely, unsmooth almost like there are big squares everywhere and there are rough edges around differences in color (mostly happening in video games, ex: if you see the edge of a persons head against say the sidewalk in a video game, without anti aliasing his head will look like it is very sharp and has pixels on the edges making it look unreal)

anti aliasing is a formula used in pictures and video games to make this not happen by pretty much smoothing out and blurring the pixely parts of the render. It does this by finding edges of color change and making both edges of it more like eachother, making it seem like it would in real life, or on a very high resolution.

when an image aliases, it means that it has too small of a resolution than it is meant to have so it looks pixely, unsmooth almost like there are big squares everywhere and there are rough edges around differences in color (mostly happening in video games, ex: if you see the edge of a persons head against say the sidewalk in a video game, without anti aliasing his head will look like it is very sharp and has pixels on the edges making it look unreal)

anti aliasing is a formula used in pictures and video games to make this not happen by pretty much smoothing out and blurring the pixely parts of the render. It does this by finding edges of color change and making both edges of it more like eachother, making it seem like it would in real life, or on a very high resolution.

Cool, thanks. Guess it's true, you do learn somethin every day. I do need to know this, after all I am going to be a game maker.

Cool, thanks. Guess it's true, you do learn somethin every day. I do need to know this, after all I am going to be a game maker.

good point and yea, best thing i learned all day, anyways do you have any plans to get a degree in any video game major?(after all you probably do but do you know what college you wanna go to yet?) :huh:

I agree with these guys. Truth is this trailer was probably made about a month or two ago. They may have put new skins on the dumpsters by now. I'm sure a few things have changed or improved since this trailer was put together and approved.

Absolutely true, it normally takes at least 3 or 4 weeks, if not more, to put a trailer together, depending on how complicated it is. I'm betting they've fixed most of the dodgy textures, like in the thread with the 5 new screenshots which had the awful wall texture. If they haven't, this won't exactly ruin my experience, I'll be too busy doing a load of other stuff to notice.

good point and yea, best thing i learned all day, anyways do you have any plans to get a degree in any video game major?(after all you probably do but do you know what college you wanna go to yet?) :huh:

Not sure where to go yet. I was thinking my local college might have a course. I was also thinking Devry, or ITT Tech. Still gotta do some research on it though.

It wudn't put me off the game, but the little touches can make the game extra special.

I totally agree. I won't effect me at first, but after playing it for a year or two I start to notice the tiny details. Like with San Andreas.

P.S.

- Also what is "1337" ???!!!!

Edited by fatalgamer

It wudn't put me off the game, but the little touches can make the game extra special.

I totally agree. I won't effect me at first, but after playing it for a year or two I start to notice the tiny details. Like with San Andreas.

P.S.

1337 = leet, or elite, in other words pwnage, ownage, awesome, etc.

P.S.

1337 = leet, or elite, in other words pwnage, ownage, awesome, etc.

Oh, ok. Cool, yeah I think GTA IV will be 1337 all the way. Can't wait, I'm shittin myself thinkin ut could be here in just a couple short months.

I never cared about these stuff because its just a trash can... If every 2 buildings would look the same that would be a pain in the ainus. Maybe a dude tagged both trash cans... When i go spraying i often write my tag 3 - 4 times on one wall, sometimes even in the same style, size and colour... i just dont give a $h!t