• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has indeed been good :P

I have sunburn though :(

I have photos :)

I can't post them up though :(

I have hand burn from the 3 out of 4, five page essays I have done >.<

I will type up essay two in the writers pad forum :P

I thought I would post up that essay because it is a persuasive essay being that you try to persuade someone to go somewhere or to do something in the form of an essay, this type of essay can be used in brochures, leaflets and emails.

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday over.

So, I am back in the UK now. The Amsterdam flight was cancelled so we had to get a direct flight to Edinburgh Airport and we had to wait 6 1/2 hours at Newark Liberty International Airport. I actually was getting bored of the Florida holiday, people who live in cold climates such as the UK just can't get used to the heat in Florida and I wanted to go home. I flew over New York City on the way home and had quite a sight of Manhattan Island at night, The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Midtown etc.

I hate being in Scotland because I wished I had stayed in York when I was 4. Scotland is too cold.

Sorry for the double post

Thanks, Yes it's pure coincidental that we were on the same plane and we both happened to be in New York City at the same time. He was sitting 14 rows ahead of me and I only found out he was on the same plane as me.

I have pictures but I'll post them up real soon.

Thomas. when going off the plane, did you ever see some guy ahead in the line, wearing a blue shirt, Jeans, Trainers and a carrying a travel bag?

If you did, then it was me you saw.

Edited by TNF

It would be even more of a coincidence if you went to the same places in New York! I'm assuming you visited;

-Times Square

-Central Park

-The Empire State Building

-Chrysler building

-World Trade Center?

Lol I really want to go to those places, especially the WTC.

Yeah, here are some photos I took on Holiday.

Times Square

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/T...x_/SN851186.jpg

Met Life Building

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/T...x_/SN851185.jpg

I did also visit Central park, Chrysler Building, Empire state, ground zero, Liberty Island and Ellis Island, the last place I visited before I left was the Grand central Terminal, a famous train station near the Chrysler Building.

None, I left and travelled on my own, my parents had to go on a business trip to Fort lauderdale in Florida, so I left on my own, I had a bag with most of my stuff, (They kept the rest for later) and my Passport, So I did not have to claim any baggage.

While you were at the baggage claim, did you see me ( 17 years old teenager) walking towards the exit while everyone else had to claim baggage?

I don't think I did actually. I was with my Sister, my mother and my father so I was in a group of four. Do you think that the UK Passport heading sounds a little weird - "Passport to the United Kingdom of the British Isles and Northern Ireland" and below it says "European Union". Nice colour just a little bit too posh to be honest. When you were waiting for the plane did you see me with a cup of Mocha in my hand then with me running across after we had been to check something out at the Duty and Tax Free shop nearby the gate after an announcement was made saying "Continental Airlines flight C0036 to Edinburgh international Airport is now boarding at gate C73". That was funny.

I don't think I did actually. I was with my Sister, my mother and my father so I was in a group of four. Do you think that the UK Passport heading sounds a little weird - "Passport to the United Kingdom of the British Isles and Northern Ireland" and below it says "European Union". Nice colour just a little bit too posh to be honest. When you were waiting for the plane did you see me with a cup of Mocha in my hand then with me running across after we had been to check something out at the Duty and Tax Free shop nearby the gate after an announcement was made saying "Continental Airlines flight C0036 to Edinburgh international Airport is now boarding at gate C73". That was funny.

Don't think I did, I was waiting for the plane, and I spent most of the time waiting watching the television screen.

Here are more photos I took.

The View from My Hotel Room window

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/T...x_/SN851195.jpg

Times Square during the day

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/T...x_/SN851197.jpg

Here is a photo of the Room I was staying in.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/T...x_/SN851198.jpg

Can you see anything sitting near the door?

Hey that reminds me, TNF did you visit the Statue of Liberty?

yes, we got a ferry over to it, the trip was quick, and they had food on the boat which was good, I took some photos and went to the souvenir shop afterwards.

I'l upload a picture later.

Sorry to double post.

No, my flight wasn't to Amsterdam, it was planned for Edinburgh the whole time.

Here's a video I filmed with my camera in Times Square.

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/T...nt=SN851144.flv

Edited by TNF

Yeah, did you have a window seat on the plane by any chance? If you did you may have seen the many lights in Queens, Brooklyn (Including the Brooklyn Bridge), The Bronx and obviously Manhattan. IT was a cool experience.

That Black haired flight attendant was evil sort of. Yeah she was African-American but she would just grab the trays off of your tables. The brown haired one was nice (nice looking too!)

Yeah, did you have a window seat on the plane by any chance? If you did you may have seen the many lights in Queens, Brooklyn (Including the Brooklyn Bridge), The Bronx and obviously Manhattan. IT was a cool experience.

That Black haired flight attendant was evil sort of. Yeah she was African-American but she would just grab the trays off of your tables. The brown haired one was nice (nice looking too!)

Yeah, I had a window seat.

I agree with the comment on the brown haired Air Hostess, I had a crush on her, everytime she went past the seating area, I would turn around just to look at her.