Going on Holiday

Thomas.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to spend all your cash over there, seeing as the Dollar is worth far more than the Pound. I bought a load of t-shirts when I was in New York in 2006, to a total of about $75, around 8 or 9 t-shirts as well. Over here it would probably be around £130 or so.

You mean the Dollor is worth much less then the Pound, right?

The US is extreemly cheap and the UK is quite expensive compared to other countries so buying stuff there (like shirt) is advisable. Do NOT buy games though. They won't work on your PAL version console.

I think PC games can though.

1 Pound is about 2 Dollars. One Euro is 1.41 dollars.

Florida is pretty warm, even in Spring.

A Pound isn't worth as much as a Dollar - it's worth around half, I said the Dollar is worth far more than the pound, i.e. you get more for your money over in America than in England. You'll lose money if you convert your Dollars into Pounds. For my example about buying t-shirts, I'm saying it's much cheaper in America - 8 or 9 t-shirts would come to around $75, whereas in England it would cost quite a bit more, around £130 or £140, which is the equivalent to around $260, roughly. We always get ripped off with things like that, especially Petrol, which takes the piss.

Remember to spend all your cash over there, seeing as the Dollar is worth far more than the Pound. I bought a load of t-shirts when I was in New York in 2006, to a total of about $75, around 8 or 9 t-shirts as well. Over here it would probably be around £130 or so.

You mean the Dollor is worth much less then the Pound, right?

The US is extreemly cheap and the UK is quite expensive compared to other countries so buying stuff there (like shirt) is advisable. Do NOT buy games though. They won't work on your PAL version console.

I think PC games can though.

1 Pound is about 2 Dollars. One Euro is 1.41 dollars.

Florida is pretty warm, even in Spring.

A Pound isn't worth as much as a Dollar - it's worth around half, I said the Dollar is worth far more than the pound, i.e. you get more for your money over in America than in England. You'll lose money if you convert your Dollars into Pounds. For my example about buying t-shirts, I'm saying it's much cheaper in America - 8 or 9 t-shirts would come to around $75, whereas in England it would cost quite a bit more, around £130 or £140, which is the equivalent to around $260, roughly. We always get ripped off with things like that, especially Petrol, which takes the piss.

1 British pound = 1.9586 U.S. dollars.

The Brithish pound is worth much more then de US dollar. We aren't talking about what you can get for the same money in different countries.

If I'd go with lets say 10 000 pound to USA I'd be able to get $19586 USD for it.

For one dollar I'd get 0.51088 pound.

So 1 dollar < 1 pound. Therefore it is worth less.

you get more for your money over in America than in England.

Showing us that the pound is worth more and can will be able to get us more in regions like the USA, where it's worth less with for certain things equal prices and mostly lower ones.

If 1 pound where to be 1.5 USD but the prices in the USA would be 50% higher too then the pound wouldn't really be worth more, exept for the high number.

it's worth around half,

How did you get that figure? That'd mean that you say that if I'd go to the USA with my 10 pounds I'd get about 5 dollar.

• 3 weeks later...

Uhm, TFY.. Why not get a small side job. Earns me 90 USD a month and it's just for fridays. I bring around papers. Pretty easy, just switch the TV on and start folding those damned things and after that have a evening walk. I actually like it, strangely.

Lol, you guys have to learn to save (or invest). Seriously :P

Uhm, TFY.. Why not get a small side job. Earns me 90 USD a month and it's just for fridays. I bring around papers. Pretty easy, just switch the TV on and start folding those damned things and after that have a evening walk. I actually like it, strangely.

Lol, you guys have to learn to save (or invest). Seriously :P

Right now, I really can't be bothered doing anything. In 2 or so years I get paid 100 GBP for staying in School. Big Advantage then.

I hate having to do chores though, buts it's huge step into growing up.

Right now I have 50p I want to convert into a dollar (Nothing much but you can buy a lot more with a Dollar than with 50p :P)

I also have 10p to change into 2 Dimes (20 cents). I have to also make sure I have enough quarters to use in vending machines etc.

I have $6.50 cents left for me to get paid from my mum and $4.50 from my dad.

Chores Total - $11

To Be Converted - $1.20

Chores + TBP - $12.20

Total before pay - $67.52

Grand Total - $79.72

If I keep this up I will get $100 within 2 weeks.

Money from that easy job + parents = +£700

They give me a max of £400 pocket money for a year and all I've got to do is not fight. Simple as that. And then I get rather little compared to others.. it's just because of that job that I get some decent income. (BTW, I only 200 or so cause we always fight.)

And then still money for events and stuff. Just ask my dad when he's in a good mood and he won't make a fuss out of it.

Seriously though, such job is easy. I'd get it if I were you. Just 2 hours a week and you're done. Gives about £475.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bump and double post (Mega-Bad)

I thought I would bump this topic back up because it is less than a week until I will be off the forums for a minimum of 3 weeks.

I have 130 USD and that is still growing rapidly. I have already started packing, actually half of it has already been done which is more than what the rest of the family have been doing. When I get back from the holiday I really want to post up pictures of it so I can't wait to that. If I get the chance I will come on via my Grandparents Dial-Up in their ranch or I will find a Sarasota or Orlando Internet Cafe.

Anyway I have a list of things to do in Florida.

• Go in the Swimming Pool (Duh? Relaxation is usually what holidays are about)
  • Go to my first American McDonalds (Not healthy but I have never been to an American McDonalds)
  • Buy gifts for people at my school
  • Get a Tan (Wooo!)
  • Drive my grandparents Tractor/Lawn Mower again (That was fun, the last time I went)
  • Go into a theme park. I went to Universal Studios and Disney Land in Orlando the last few times.

Thats really want to do. Just normal relaxing stuff what holidays should be about. Yeah I will really miss this place but I'm sure you would all agree I would need to get way from the computer for a bit.