Chris is in NEW YORK right now

Chris

Awesome. I wanted to go to NY, AND PLAY GTA4 BEFORE IT'S RELEASE!

Chris take some pics of ground zero for me ;)

jk you're probably too busy too.

I think I did get one shot of it actually but it probably sucks, haven't checked it out yet.

Anyway we're all back in our home states/countries now. I had an awesome time in NYC and playing GTA IV, meeting R* people, fucking amazing. I'm allowed to tell all about the experience I just can't spoil any details.

Here's a few things I got out of R* though. I tried my best. I do admire their secrecy but it is so annoying sometimes, but it's cool though because if they revealed too much it would kill the game for a lot of people.

• PS3 won't be getting any DLC
  • Although Ricky Gervais is in the game you can't actually kill him
  • The achievements list is real. There is an achievement for collecting hidden packages but none of us found any. There are 200 'flying rats' (pigeons) to find and kill though, so it may be that.

I'll talk about gameplay and everything later. I believe most of the fansites will be posting up articles about their experience. I definitely am. A summary will be posted on the front page with the full article either going up on the site somewhere or being posted in a forum topic. We'll all link to each others articles too.

Awesome, can't wait to hear it first hand. TGTAP is becoming an exclusive site now! Exclusive screens, and now our Admin gets to meet Rockstar! Lucky people..

I'm just so curious about the physics, graphics and the HUD. Please tell us about it :D

The new physics are amazing, euphoria is great. Drive down a street running over peds is a great way to test it out.

Also in multiplayer, do a deathmatch with rocket launchers only and fire one into the middle of everyone and you all go flying everywhere :P

The graphics. Let me explain. First off, they're awesome because they've improved so much since San Andreas it's fantastic. What we all struggle to get used to is all the filters applied to far away things in the distance, like trees. It kinda does look like Bob Ross has painted some of the stuff! But really it's only when it's a sunny day that you notice it all and may put you off or you may like it. But I think people will complain about that if they have something to complain about.

I love the new HUD actually, I like minimal HUDs. I think it works great and stuff shows up when it's necessary and it's hidden when you don't need it. Seeing your health/armor around the radar takes a while to get used to looking at, instead of the top right.

The time is gone from the HUD, but can be seen when you pause the game. I for one think this is fine because you don't really ever need to know the exact time.

I stole some GTA IV cups, like 8 of them :P

Anyway, I'm not posting anymore in here now, I shall close this topic.

Tomorrow, probably afternoon US time, evening UK time, ALL the fansites will post up their stories, and we'll all be linking to each others. Once that's done you can read everything we talk about in there, and ask questions in the forum topic.