All GTA Cities... Impossible?

Deji

Everyone wants to be able to fly to vice, liberty, and san an... But why hasn't a map mod been made for this? San Andreas is ever existant so not much need to worry about space to fit stuff in. Is it a problem with too many IPL/IDE's? And can't you just use Saky's Limit Adjuster? It'd be a load on computers but i'm sure most of them would manage ;)

I came up with a map once of the perfect location for each city too... Just a shame no ones made it. If it is possible i'd be willing to help start one but i'm guessing since it doesn't exist yet it's impossible... :(

Everyone wants to be able to fly to vice, liberty, and san an... But why hasn't a map mod been made for this? San Andreas is ever existant so not much need to worry about space to fit stuff in. Is it a problem with too many IPL/IDE's? And can't you just use Saky's Limit Adjuster? It'd be a load on computers but i'm sure most of them would manage ;)

I came up with a map once of the perfect location for each city too... Just a shame no ones made it. If it is possible i'd be willing to help start one but i'm guessing since it doesn't exist yet it's impossible... :(

I know the guys at GTA United are thinking of every possible plan to combine the three cities into a megapolis, but I guess that would be rawther difficult...

In theory it would be easy, just time consuming.

The trick is adding the IPLs from GTA3/LCS & VC/VCS to SA. They would have to be added is sections as individual

IPLs (like Harwood, Little Havana, etc.) & called up in game like different parts of LS, SF & LV.

It's just a matter of moving around the new areas so they're reasonably placed from SA's existing islands. Once that's

done you would need to add the radar/mini-map bits to make it look right. The next thing would be to add/edit paths for

peds & cars so the new parts aren't ghost towns. To cap it off, add locations for Taxi missions & some missions specific

to LC/VC, maybe even pull them from the original MAIN.SCRs for each city. Get some of the LCS/VCS side work while

you're at it.

I don't know if the SA engine would support new savehouses or buyable properties w/out giving up originals from SA.

Worst case there are several that could be moved & maybe have garages added to them (like the Marina Carpark from

VC). When I get back to script editing in a few months (been busy w/ GTA4) I'm planning on experimenting w/ the 3

delivery missions to see if I can add some to each city.

In theory it would be easy, just time consuming.

The trick is adding the IPLs from GTA3/LCS & VC/VCS to SA. They would have to be added is sections as individual

IPLs (like Harwood, Little Havana, etc.) & called up in game like different parts of LS, SF & LV.

It's just a matter of moving around the new areas so they're reasonably placed from SA's existing islands. Once that's

done you would need to add the radar/mini-map bits to make it look right. The next thing would be to add/edit paths for

peds & cars so the new parts aren't ghost towns. To cap it off, add locations for Taxi missions & some missions specific

to LC/VC, maybe even pull them from the original MAIN.SCRs for each city. Get some of the LCS/VCS side work while

you're at it.

I don't know if the SA engine would support new savehouses or buyable properties w/out giving up originals from SA.

Worst case there are several that could be moved & maybe have garages added to them (like the Marina Carpark from

VC). When I get back to script editing in a few months (been busy w/ GTA4) I'm planning on experimenting w/ the 3

delivery missions to see if I can add some to each city.

So what would be the total land area if you combine the three cities?

Well, about 5-6 the times of Vice City for land, but including water who knows.

This is actually a very good theory. It would be like having Vice City and III with San Andreas graphics and physics. Like Urbanoutlaw was saying though it would be a huge pain in the ass in terms of time consumption. But it would be very well worth it, just imagine MTA:SA:VC:LC or SA/VC/LC:MP!

OMG! So it is possible... I drew a map of how it should be all layed out. The only problem is the maps I got hold of aren't to scale so it was difficult to make it all even :(

I tried to keep vice to the north while having Liberty east (Where CJ flies to and what the radio DJ guy says "East coast 5 0")

It'd be easier if I had GTA 3 and Vice City. Any idea where I should move vice? Idk where it would be in reality.

Also is the problem about the repeating sea thing that SA has. It makes it easier to add maps. Or does it? Can you even put anymore land in past that area?

You could just have enex makers leading to a lower level of the sky. (Not too low for each one. Put GTA III at the top as flight is restricted)

I dont know how exactly it'd work out though...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee40/De...dreas_map-1.png

I dont mind spending 5 years on it... Got nothing better to do. (Hmm.... but I might in a year...)

Edited by Deji

Theres a Mod out for Vice City that adds all 3 cities into one game. Its Called GTA: State of Liberty. Hes working on the last beta for it which would fix all the random crashes and add the water back into it.

http://www.gtastateofliberty.com/

DAMN! Vice City!

Well, since Liberty City is to the left of San Andreas, Vice City should be to the right, so SA stays in the middle. I don't think many people will be playing San Andreas in 5 years time though..By then Rockstar would have already made a new GTA game..

I will :D And me want all cities... San Andreas is my game. Me is a true San Andreas player!

I think to have all three would be a lot for most pc. The memory needed alone would put a lot of folks out of reach. However good the concept is, not sure how well it would play out. There would be no continuity with story or missions. To create that would require a whole new script. Just imagine the problems there would be, there are already issues just with mods, sripts and such with this and VC, thats a nightmare in the works.