Mozilla Firefox 3 Download Day 2008

GTA Don

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone install any of the betas or RC's they put out? I didn't, so it's completely fresh for me.

Have to say I'm loving the new visuals and how they match your operating system, now looks much better in Vista and OS X. Looks like they've made some subtle changes to the addons manager too. Just uninstalled a bunch of themes I no longer want - I actually like the default theme now though so I'll most likely stick with it.

Had a lot of extensions incompatible, some of them I no longer need though so they've been uninstalled. Maybe now I've got rid of some shit I don't need it'll start up faster :)

Bookmark managing has improved nicely too.

So yeah I'm impressed with the changes. Very nice. Firefox remains my #1 browser, followed by the awesome and underrated Opera 9.5 which I sadly don't use much, mainly due to Firefox being made so much better with a wealth of extensions to do useful shit that I need as a web developer.

I miss my Mac OS X theme :'(

Lol wut? You had an OS X theme on a windows OS? That surely would look absolutely ridiculous no? Don't get me wrong I like OS X's looks but in a Windows OS I can't see that going together well.

And besides, if the creator of the theme isn't a lazy ass he'll release an update for it, so just wait a few days or whatever.

You're not going to notice drastic performance changes just browsing randomly. You might notice it with program startup times, and on javascript intensive websites such as Flickr, last.fm, Digg etc.

Did anyone install any of the betas or RC's they put out? I didn't, so it's completely fresh for me.

Have to say I'm loving the new visuals and how they match your operating system, now looks much better in Vista and OS X. Looks like they've made some subtle changes to the addons manager too. Just uninstalled a bunch of themes I no longer want - I actually like the default theme now though so I'll most likely stick with it.

Had a lot of extensions incompatible, some of them I no longer need though so they've been uninstalled. Maybe now I've got rid of some shit I don't need it'll start up faster :)

Bookmark managing has improved nicely too.

So yeah I'm impressed with the changes. Very nice. Firefox remains my #1 browser, followed by the awesome and underrated Opera 9.5 which I sadly don't use much, mainly due to Firefox being made so much better with a wealth of extensions to do useful shit that I need as a web developer.

Yeah I got one of the RC's they released and it was pretty similar to this one since it was the final RC. All the small changes FF made, makes using the web browser a lot easier. Chris basically covered it all though.